W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As if the E55 wasn't trouble enough. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
No kidding! Now look at Hayden! Hes the man on 2 wheels!
Hows the 55 Warren?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
It's quite nice. I had to put a battery in it, fix the tilt steering wheel but overall, it's very nice. The shifter is a bit ugly. What can I do to fix that?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by pearlpower
Nice, though insurance, inevitable laying it down, etc keeps me away. Street bike=ticket every time, no wiggle room with cops when your on a bike.
I know an old man (in his 60s at the time, may be knocking on 70s now) that had 2 Hayabusas both with mods. He was on one back where I am from in the Florida Keys going over a bridge and decided to let it rip (bridge is like 2 miles long), needless to say he was clocked in excess of 170mph by an officer traveling the other direction. He pulled over once he got off the bridge and waited for the officer since he apparently saw him turn around to come after him. He said the officer came storming up yelling how he is stupid, what is wrong with him, blah blah blah and then the old man took off his helmet and the officer was stunned expecting someone much younger to be doing that. He said he was told to slow it down a little and let go scot free.

And here is my old ride, had it for about 5 years. A friend and I had just finished riding and went to dinner, we went our seperate ways to go home and 10 minutes later I got a call saying they believed he was in a bad accident. Sure enough a lady had pulled out in front of him from a side street 3 streets away from being home and him and the lady driving the car were both killed. I then sold mine a few months later figuring it wasn't worth it because I myself had a few close calls because people don't pay attention for motorcycles and pull out in front of you or come in your lane or what have you all the time. I figured it wasn't worth it, at least at the time anyway. I would love to have another bike one day because there is nothing like it.

02 Yamaha R1. Kept mine stock pretty much the whole time I had it and took it to the 1/4 a few times for a best of 10.17@137, it only had 140hp at the crank so that was really good for what it was.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Sweet ride man. Reminds me when I got mine in 09. All wrapped up in a crate. Eheeh. Be safe out there, there are some crazy ppl out there
Thanks, always try!!!

the RC51 is a beauty - love that sound! No mistaking it

god rc one of my alltime favorites

Nice bike, looks like trouble indeed!

I got to ride my buddy's Hayabusa last weekend. It's stretched, turbo'd and a bunch more. I would love to own another bike but I can't seem to stay out of trouble on them.
They really do encourage bad behavior but not for the reasons most people think - it's just so easy now days to go fast and unfortunately the chassis are able to handle it to the point you feel like you're going A LOT slower than you really are

Sweeeeeet! Stay safe brother!
Thank you sir!!!!

are you an organ donor?
YES. . .and hopefully more people will choose to do so as well. I had the honor to work with the all the area transplant teams for a number of years and what they do is truly incredible (and for the record, the head of a major Transplant program in the area rides a motorcycle everyday to work - including in the winter)

Thats a nice package to recieve..
The punch line is coming later...

Just saw one of these on the street the other day and was admiring it. Very nice...

Very sick BT!!!
Thanks brother!!!!

What a beautiful bike! Enjoy it in good health.
Thank you!

Always liked the RC51s - the sound with aftermarket pipes is intoxicating. Ride with a guy that has one with aftermarket bars on it because of a bad back - the thing is a wheelie machine with those tall bars on it

I bought my 'Busa in 02 - still in love with it today.
I love busas and you are absolutely right - crazy fast. . . and you can tour on them!!!! It's got Sato Racing Bonzai pipes on it and it's CRAZY loud (even with ear plugs in - I'm about to get one of those custom molded sets). Still looking for good back road twisties around here. Maybe one day you can show me some hidden jewls

Love the RC51! Such a balances beast. And that v-twin sound is phenomenal. Congrats bro.
Thank you very much - I literally am SOOOO happy about it

Congrats BT! Sweet azz ride....

Does your wife have any sisters.....?
Nope only child and the best part is the answer to the next question...

Oh BT how did you swing this past the wife. Looks nice!
Thanks man, no swinging. . .SHE BOUGHT IT FOR ME(I forgot to put that in the title). The deal when we got engaged was simple - she gets the ring she wants and I pay for it; I get a motorcycle, a ridgeback and the promise that the words "you have too many guns; you have to stop riding motorcycles; you can't scuba dive anymore" never comes out of her mouth. Four and half years later, she finally made good on the motorcycle

Nice, though insurance, inevitable laying it down, etc keeps me away. Street bike=ticket every time, no wiggle room with cops when your on a bike.
Insurance for both bikes (full coverage) is 500.00 a year (the E55 is 850.00). I have pretty strict rules about riding that have helped with the other two.
I rarely ride on highways (cuts down on high speed testing)
I mostly ride during off peak hours and almost exclusively on two lane country back roads (almost impossible for police to hide and most days I can count on one hand how many cars I see)
I usually am full leathered up with an additional spine, chest protector
I don't ride at night, dusk or dawn
I truly pretend I'm invisible
I rarely ride in groups (almost always the dumbest **** I pull is when I'm riding with good riders in a group)
When I do ride in a groups, I now always choose to be the last rider in the group.

Nice looking bike.
I miss my ZX12R. I am glad I sold it though... was trouble from the beginning. No tickets, however, it was only a matter of time...171 WHP. What a beast on two wheels.
the 12's were also a Bad Azz bike - always was a afraid of it

Why are you guys worried about tickets? I'd be worried for my life lol.
Just had a chat about it with a very good friend of mine who's not afraid of tickets since the first (and only) time he stopped (3 years ago) for a dick and got a ticket for 9mph over lol. Since then it's one wheel and away we go..
Fortunately, I need my license to work so it keeps me in check. It's also not worth it to run because the consequence when it goes bad are really bad. I was also taught that "if you do the crime, be prepared to do the time."

Is there an "autotrader" for bikes. Wife forbids it, but I may get a Busa mistress.
Yes sir "cycletrader"; I actually got the bike off of ebay, also local craigslist and any "busa" forum

Nice! Just sold my Nicky Hayden edition last summer with 2200 miles on it.
we really do have the same tastes in bikes

A MD State Trooper was killed pursuing a fleeing motorcyclist recently. If they find the motorcyclist, he'll be charged with murder. I don't agree with running or chasing, but that's the reality of the laws.

I hope your friend never ends up in that situation.

I've been street riding since the late 80s. I have never been given a ticket on my bike. Plenty of roadside lectures but I'm ticket free.
There shouldn't even be a trial for this individual. That trooper had six kids who are now fatherless.

That is a sweet bike!!
Thank you

Haaaa....2 years actually.
The true testament to the greatness of this bike. . . you KEPT it for TWO YEARS
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Very nice bike!! As much as I love the RC51 and speed in general, there's no motorcycle in my future. I would kill myself in no time. Enjoy it and be safe.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by motorkas
I love busas and you are absolutely right - crazy fast. . . and you can tour on them!!!! It's got Sato Racing Bonzai pipes on it and it's CRAZY loud (even with ear plugs in - I'm about to get one of those custom molded sets). Still looking for good back road twisties around here. Maybe one day you can show me some hidden jewls

I can't wait to hear it.

I live around the corner from Sugarloaf Mtn, we have great roads around here. I have been doing more long distance riding lately, but also enjoy some sane railing on our back roads.

Thanks man, no swinging. . .SHE BOUGHT IT FOR ME(I forgot to put that in the title). The deal when we got engaged was simple - she gets the ring she wants and I pay for it; I get a motorcycle, a ridgeback and the promise that the words "you have too many guns; you have to stop riding motorcycles; you can't scuba dive anymore" never comes out of her mouth. Four and half years later, she finally made good on the motorcycle

Been with my wife for nearly 20yrs. She supports my hobbies, I support hers. That's the way it should be in a partnership. If you're asking "permission" or feel as if you have to hide something, you have to question why that's the case.

Insurance for both bikes (full coverage) is 500.00 a year (the E55 is 850.00). I have pretty strict rules about riding that have helped with the other two.
I rarely ride on highways (cuts down on high speed testing)
I mostly ride during off peak hours and almost exclusively on two lane country back roads (almost impossible for police to hide and most days I can count on one hand how many cars I see)
I usually am full leathered up with an additional spine, chest protector
I don't ride at night, dusk or dawn
I truly pretend I'm invisible
I rarely ride in groups (almost always the dumbest **** I pull is when I'm riding with good riders in a group)
When I do ride in a groups, I now always choose to be the last rider in the group.

Track days help to slow you down on the street, too.

I wear hi viz gear on the street. If I'm wearing my black Vansons, I wear a reflective vest over the leathers. I just grabbed this JR jacket recently because it was the brightest I could find and it matches my helmet.

Riding with my high beam on and wearing my reflective vest, I only had 2 people pull out in front of me yesterday.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Use to have a fun little 06 F4i till my buddy wrecked it looking for a GSXR or R6 now.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Why would a cop chase someone on a bike if he is in a car, he will never catch him. The cop should realize that unless he is on a bike himself.

If I had a bike and was doing WAY over the speed limit, there is no way I would stop. Alot of them nowdays think because there are law inforcement, they can do as they please, whether that means breaking the law themselves.

There are way too many in my area of town and I get harassed all the time for stupid things, like tint, tail light tint, exhaust, common man, go and catch the real criminals why don't you!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WayneE
I can't wait to hear it.

I live around the corner from Sugarloaf Mtn, we have great roads around here. I have been doing more long distance riding lately, but also enjoy some sane railing on our back roads.

Been with my wife for nearly 20yrs. She supports my hobbies, I support hers. That's the way it should be in a partnership. If you're asking "permission" or feel as if you have to hide something, you have to question why that's the case.

Track days help to slow you down on the street, too.

I wear hi viz gear on the street. If I'm wearing my black Vansons, I wear a reflective vest over the leathers. I just grabbed this JR jacket recently because it was the brightest I could find and it matches my helmet.

Riding with my high beam on and wearing my reflective vest, I only had 2 people pull out in front of me yesterday.
Key word being "sane"!!!!! When I ride, I don't focus on speed but on always getting better technically. I figure that the speed comes when you're technique is good. I'm planning on getting out to Summit this summer a couple of times, it's super convenient when you have a track less than an hour away.

I hear ya on the "high vis". When I got my new set of leathers (old set was black) my wife said I looked like a "Power Ranger" I told her "I don't care as long as it helps people see me". LOVE the Rossi Helmet! Would get one but I can't find a local dealer that stocks AGV so I can get sized correctly.

Very nice bike!! As much as I love the RC51 and speed in general, there's no motorcycle in my future. I would kill myself in no time. Enjoy it and be safe

Thanks!!!!

Use to have a fun little 06 F4i till my buddy wrecked it looking for a GSXR or R6 now.
Great bikes! - trying to convince my brother to get an F4i as his first bike.

Why would a cop chase someone on a bike if he is in a car, he will never catch him. The cop should realize that unless he is on a bike himself.

If I had a bike and was doing WAY over the speed limit, there is no way I would stop. Alot of them nowdays think because there are law inforcement, they can do as they please, whether that means breaking the law themselves.

There are way too many in my area of town and I get harassed all the time for stupid things, like tint, tail light tint, exhaust, common man, go and catch the real criminals why don't you!!!
I agree and disagree with you. First, a bike driving at those speeds constitutes a danger to EVERYONE and it's the officers job to help with our safety. Would he catch him? No, but he can keep him in his sights to radio locations to his support and get him off the road.

Are there officers who shouldn't be officers because of what you've said: Absolutely. Want a simple solution to weed out the one's you described? Quadruple their salaries (I'm actually in favor of going higher) and have more stringent criteria to become an officer. Without getting political, until we pony up more money to those who teach and protect us, I don't think we can really complain about what we get.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chawkins2001

Bro, that may be the most pathetic post you have ever made. You do realize that it is a "cops" job to stop aholes from doing 100MPH on a motorcycle that could easily kill a family of 4 in a mini van. You also realize it is unfortunate but they have to speed to catch speeders so speeding is not breaking the law when they are within their duties. Oh and FYI, most speeding bikes that run in our area are tailed by the eye in the sky until the dumbass pulls into a gas station or something and then get swopped in on! LOL Morons!

The best part about someone running is when they run and crash and hurt or kill only themselves. That my friend is "sweet justice".
Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by emoving
Bro, that may be the most pathetic post you have ever made. You do realize that it is a "cops" job to stop aholes from doing 100MPH on a motorcycle that could easily kill a family of 4 in a mini van. You also realize it is unfortunate but they have to speed to catch speeders so speeding is not breaking the law when they are within their duties. Oh and FYI, most speeding bikes that run in our area are tailed by the eye in the sky until the dumbass pulls into a gas station or something and then get swopped in on! LOL Morons!

The best part about someone running is when they run and crash and hurt or kill only themselves. That my friend is "sweet justice".
Seriously. If you don't want to get harassed, don't commit the crime. Don't blame the officer for doing his/her job.

When he/she saves your life one day or catches the guy who broke into your house are you going to blame him/her then?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
emoving are you a cop?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
LOVE the Rossi Helmet! Would get one but I can't find a local dealer that stocks AGV so I can get sized correctly.

Indy MotoGP

I rode to it last year with my Shoei and came home with that one. Being fitted properly at the AGV tent was what sold me. Most comfortable helmet I've owned.

I'm riding out again this year... it's something that you should try to do at least once

If you show up on a bike, they let you park inside the track. This was parking for qualifying.

Race day

Anyone else going this year?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wsybert
Nice looking bike.
I miss my ZX12R. I am glad I sold it though... was trouble from the beginning. No tickets, however, it was only a matter of time...171 WHP. What a beast on two wheels.

I miss mine too. Had it for about a year before I decided I didn't want to die or at the very least go to jail. That bike had the deepest 4 cylinder exhaust note ever with the muzzy Ti system on it, it thumped like a twin.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bobgodd
Seriously. If you don't want to get harassed, don't commit the crime. Don't blame the officer for doing his/her job.

When he/she saves your life one day or catches the guy who broke into your house are you going to blame him/her then?
-That is what guns and watch dogs are for. Anyone breaking into my house whether I am there or not, will be pleasantly surprised, I have two of these, she is in the lower left corner by the blue swing

Marcus and Bobgodd, the law in my area are a bunch of tools. You honestly think I am not going to run tint, exhaust etc on my cars because of them, loll Everytime I have gotten tickets for that rediculousness, I have gotten them thrown out infront of a judge.

They think they are a bunch on loan rangers with an attitude, and is continuously on the local news. I had one cop say to me, quote," What do you think this is son, a car is not an extention of your personality or fad, it gets you from point a to point b, and your are dangering others on the street with it been like this."

FWIW, I was in my e55, and he was talking about the tint, exhaust and how low it is, I just let him blab his mouth, and get taken care of infront of someone with brains.

Sorry to the OP, your bike is sick man
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
. . not the lightest, fastest or most powerful, but damn if it isn't the best I've ever ridden.
it may not be the lightest or fastest, etc...but it is one of the best sounding! sound is one of the reasons i bought my twin, and one of the reasons i'll probably never sell it!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
All this v-twin talk and no one's brought up having a Duc'? I've got a 749 Dark (matte black), and got to say I completely agree regarding the sound of a v-twin sport bike. It's intoxicating.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WayneE
Indy MotoGP

I rode to it last year with my Shoei and came home with that one. Being fitted properly at the AGV tent was what sold me. Most comfortable helmet I've owned.

I'm riding out again this year... it's something that you should try to do at least once

If you show up on a bike, they let you park inside the track. This was parking for qualifying.

Race day

Anyone else going this year?
Looks like a sick time!!!!!!! Can't go this year (been traveling way too much as it is but maybe next year - which will give me yet another excuse to get a sport-tourer. Some of my Nephew's first words were "Ducati" "Rossi" and "MotoGP"

Sorry to the OP, your bike is sick man
no need - I personally love OP. . .and Mastiffs

it may not be the lightest or fastest, etc...but it is one of the best sounding! sound is one of the reasons i bought my twin, and one of the reasons i'll probably never sell it!!!
Amen. . .and usable power. . .and making Harley riders go "WTF was that". . .and. . .

All this v-twin talk and no one's brought up having a Duc'? I've got a 749 Dark (matte black), and got to say I completely agree regarding the sound of a v-twin sport bike. It's intoxicating.
Duc's are for pu$$ies Seriously, alot of guys on this board either own or have owned Ducs. Have not had one mechanical problem with mine (although it is a little annoying that a "spirited" ride can have the gas light go on in 65 miles. . .yes, seriously, 65 miles). It still is the only bike I've owned where police have done a "fly bye" and given me the thumbs up, and that women come up and say "that is one pretty bike"

Got her out of the crate

Old 05-26-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Oh BT she's a beauty! I want so badly to get another bike but the good lord and I only know it's playing with fire. Maybe a cruiser a couple years down the road.

Stay safe brother!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hated my 996 and loved my RC! ****ing stupid timing belt was a pain in the as to clean on that crap bag.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 PM

e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOVE THE REPSOLS!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Looks like a sick time!!!!!!! Can't go this year (been traveling way too much as it is but maybe next year - which will give me yet another excuse to get a sport-tourer. Some of my Nephew's first words were "Ducati" "Rossi" and "MotoGP"

no need - I personally love OP. . .and Mastiffs

Amen. . .and usable power. . .and making Harley riders go "WTF was that". . .and. . .

Duc's are for pu$$ies Seriously, alot of guys on this board either own or have owned Ducs. Have not had one mechanical problem with mine (although it is a little annoying that a "spirited" ride can have the gas light go on in 65 miles. . .yes, seriously, 65 miles). It still is the only bike I've owned where police have done a "fly bye" and given me the thumbs up, and that women come up and say "that is one pretty bike"

Got her out of the crate

Who ever had it before sure had good taste in mods and didnt overkill it or ghettof it out...JUST RIGHT if thats how it came .. tastefully done even the decals look good .
Like it was setup just for you ..lol Ride SaFE!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Gorgeous bike! Just be safe out there.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by s4treg
All this v-twin talk and no one's brought up having a Duc'?
maybe that's because ducs are L-twins...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: As if the E55 wasn't trouble enough. . .