Sponsored by:

E63 - Broken Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
E63 - Broken Engine Mounts

Just got my E63 back from annual "A" service. Went with the MB dealer this time, as my drivers side air intake tube, the one that snaps on to the air filter box, had popped off the last 3 times I looked under the hood. The car did also exhibit more vibration at idle, most noticably in park/neutral, than in the past. I did the hood up, simultaneously press the brake pedal/gas pedal with tranny in drive test, and the engine was moving much more than I remember, also noticed that the gear shifter was visibly moving forward/upward at WOT.

Turns out both motor mounts were broken, "cracked at top", and they also replaced the tranny mount as it had "excessive play" and was "sagging". Vibrations are gone, the intake tube again stays snapped on like it used to, and gear shifter is rock solid again. Aside from the cost of the "A Service", all of this cost me absolutely nothing, thank goodness for CPO warranty.

I recall several folks posting about idle vibration, as FYI I was told that idle vibration is a sign that the engine mounts have likely seen better days and warrant further inspection.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by NCE500
Just got my E63 back from annual "A" service. Went with the MB dealer this time, as my drivers side air intake tube, the one that snaps on to the air filter box, had popped off the last 3 times I looked under the hood. The car did also exhibit more vibration at idle, most noticably in park/neutral, than in the past. I did the hood up, simultaneously press the brake pedal/gas pedal with tranny in drive test, and the engine was moving much more than I remember, also noticed that the gear shifter was visibly moving forward/upward at WOT.

Turns out both motor mounts were broken, "cracked at top", and they also replaced the tranny mount as it had "excessive play" and was "sagging". Vibrations are gone, the intake tube again stays snapped on like it used to, and gear shifter is rock solid again. Aside from the cost of the "A Service", all of this cost me absolutely nothing, thank goodness for CPO warranty.

I recall several folks posting about idle vibration, as FYI I was told that idle vibration is a sign that the engine mounts have likely seen better days and warrant further inspection.
i replaced mounts 3 times before 35k miles . last time i was getting bad vibration over 70 . But i do not have these problems anymore
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I had vibrations at idle and figured it was my mounts. When I swapped my pulley and headers and what not...I replaced the mounts. The vibration at idle was still there and the old mounts were actually in great shape. I just live with it....it's really not that bad anyways.