W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A run in with one of my favorite BMW's. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
A run in with one of my favorite BMW's. . .

This happened two weeks ago and am only now getting around to posting about it . . .

So driving home from visiting my brother in CT and on the NJ turnpike I spy a murdered e38 7 series. As the title states, this is one of my favorite BMW's ever made (especially the short wheel base model) and to see one tastefully modded was a treat. Beautiful car, Black, de-badged, black old school BBS wire mesh wheels, lowered, exhaust work and in gunmetal decals, not to large or small, the name of the performance shop that did the work to the car. Tints looked to be 35%. Very nicely done all the way around.

In my car was my wife, father and cousin. As we were driving and I spotted it, I pointed it out to everyone and fortunately, as he was merging, it brought me along side of him without me having to alter my speed to look like I was trying to play. As I'm passing him, our speeds have me settling into a spot just in front of him (he's in the center lane, I'm in the left) my wife says to me "did you see his plate?". I said "no...what did it say?", she pauses, and then "it said AMG-LOL". AS SHE'S SAYING THIS, HE DOES A FLY BY.

My cousin "you're not going to let that stand?"
Me "He saw the badge, my plate says 'VTRZANE', he's got to be out of his F@#king mind"
My wife "uh oh"
My dad "What does AMG LOL mean?"

He moves to the right lane because it opens up, I move right behind him. Tale tell black smoke from the exhaust. I giggle, pedal to the floor. This is not an exaggeration: My father thrusted both hands out toward the dash and while not exactly screaming, said in a voice that denoted urgency "BRAKE, BRAKE, BRAKE!!!!". He literally thought we were going to run into the back of the car.

I personally take more enjoyment out of the knowledge that someone is looking in their rear mirror seeing me getting BIGGER when they thought Iwould be getting smaller, than I do passing someone at mid triple digits...Needless to say, he IMMEDIATELY got off at the next exit and all I could think about was this scene from one of the great movies of the last decade (watch until the 2:48 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdkpaP2Z7fg

Here's the scary part. Full tank of gas, four people in the car, Loaded trunk with all individuals luggage, and the A/C was on...I still don't know what he was thinking

Last edited by motorkas; 06-05-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 amg
haha I love ******
Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
I f**king love that movie....Classic!I didn't even have to watch, I already new. Bullet Tooth Tony and his (Big Di**) Dessert Eagle .50 LMAO!!!
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is my other favorite.

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 06-05-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
I f**king love that movie....Classic!I didn't even have to watch, I already new. Bullet Tooth Tony and his (Big Di**) Dessert Eagle .50 LMAO!!!
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is my other favorite.
I love all Guy Ritchies's movies (with the exception of the one he did with Madonna - didn't watch that one on principle). If you haven't seen it yet - check out "rock-n-rolla" - the scene with the Russians is off the hook
Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'20 GLE350, '21 F150 Raptor, '03 BMW M3, '22 KTM 890 ADV, '23 Triumph Trident 660
I have never seen ******... must rent asap. Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels is fantastic! My brother bought that and "V" for Vendetta for me for xmas several years ago. V is good too, although not a related movie or director.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Rock n Rolla is cool too. Me and my wife love those movies.Funny thing is, my wife is a natural mimic. She can imitate anything. BTW you should check out "Fear and Laothing in Las Vegas". That one will have you on the floor. (you would never know that that was Jonny Depp and Benicio Del Toro)

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 06-05-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
DADDY WAS A BANK ROBBER!!! I LOVE ROCK 'n ROLLA one of the best movies EVER!!!, waiting for the sequel...

P.S. Great story