Sponsored by:

05 e55 pulley issue..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
05 e55 pulley issue..

Hey everyone, heard a ticking sound coming from the engine a couple of days ago and it got progressively louder today. Took it to a shop and they said to stop driving...what is the name of the part that this guy in the vid is touching? Thats the pulley that is loose on my car. Cant I get it tightened? The shop said I should replace that whole pulley set and thats pretty expensive...anyone here fill me in with some info to go back to the shop with? I dont want to get ripped off...any place I can look online for a replacement part?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMh9c...eature=related
Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SL55 AMG
The part that you are wobbling around is the idler pulley and it's a two piece unit. It's a $400 part from Mercedes. You can get a replacement pulley set from ASP that will replace both with aluminum which will last longer, wear better and have better bearings in them. My rear plastic pulley actually split in two last week. I replaced both of those and I also bought their supercharger idler pulley too. I also recommend replacing both belts too while you are at it. The pulleys are $125 each and are available from a member on this board at ACG. Hope this helps

James@ACG
858-633-1018

He has replacements in stock.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Could you aslo just replace the bearing instead of the whole pulley??