W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th gear dyno pull to simulate larger loads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
Some very good points Steve. Does the pressure drop at 5k occur to make it easier on the pump, or to flow more fuel? Not sure if fuel pressure is inversely proportional to volume.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Well we calc fuel delivery from IDC <-> Injector capacity <-> fuel line PSI.

Ideally you want pressure to remain static regardless of flow to get good fuel delivery linearity. If pressure drops off as flow increases, tells me we not pumping enough fuel... and pump cant keep up... the more I think about this the more I think we need dual pumps, but this is useless if the regulators are not matched accordingly - unless the one we have is ok? I am more concerned in having balanced pressure left/right and looking at SLR setup they seemed to have located the 2 FPR's at interesting locations. SLR has pressure valves for both banks keeping them balanced perfectly...

Does not look like our single Fuel Pressure Regulator valve is linked to manifold presure either as the SLR's are....cant recall now. I priced up a SLR fuel ring here and its £1100... but it wont fit anyway.

I wonder if our problem is the location of our FPR valve's location in the fuel ring?