W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

STAR to adjust the change of feul injectors (from stock to 550cc) until the tune day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2011 | 07:13 AM

Brabus K8 E55 05
STAR to adjust the change of feul injectors (from stock to 550cc) until the tune day?

I have raised this question earlier but now, i am specifying this thread for this issue.

In STAR, you can control fuel delivery (in general) in three modes:

1- lean it.
2- Normal.
3- Rich it.

I am replacing the fuel injectors from stock to 550 cc and it is clearly will be rich and maybe so rich, in addition to that, I will inject water/methanol and I read somewhere that if you used water/methanol it will help in making the car rich.

Is it possible to choose the option of fuel delivery in the STAR to be "lean it" to compensate the extra rich I will get from the 550cc and drive the car normally without pushing until the tune day?
Old 06-20-2011 | 11:09 AM

Bicycle
I'm not sure but If there is that option you would need to be able to read German because its going to be in the developer section

Originally Posted by ahmad0658
I have raised this question earlier but now, i am specifying this thread for this issue.

1- lean it.
2- Normal.
3- Rich it.

I am replacing the fuel injectors from stock to 550 cc and it is clearly will be rich and maybe so rich, in addition to that, I will inject water/methanol and I read somewhere that if you used water/methanol it will help in making the car rich.

Is it possible to choose the option of fuel delivery in the STAR to be "lean it" to compensate the extra rich I will get from the 550cc and drive the car normally without pushing until the tune day?
Old 06-20-2011 | 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by ahmad0658

1- lean it.
2- Normal.
3- Rich it.

Yes but it is temporary from what I understand. Car is always relearning and will eventually revert back to stock.
Old 06-20-2011 | 02:45 PM

Brabus K8 E55 05
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Yes but it is temporary from what I understand. Car is always relearning and will eventually revert back to stock.
How long does it take the car to go back to stock ? So, that would not do anything?
Old 06-20-2011 | 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Wish I had more concrete information for ya. Just don't.

They certainly wouldn't put it in Star if she didn't work I guess.

I just know that with ever time you turn on your car, it is relearning and testing/adjusting conditions. Thus the "granny settings" most of us run into on the tranny... making us clear the tranny adaptations with sneaky ECU reset.
Old 06-21-2011 | 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
I think u would be ok in closed loop mode temporarily - not sure how much leeway the system has to adjust to the larger injectors but it will lean you out as much as it can. Perhaps it may even adjust 100%, really dunno.

Off the WOT maps you will be way too rich.... so avoid WOT...