Sponsored by:

Help from Denver area owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Help from Denver area owners...

Hey Guys,

To make a long story short, I recently relocated to Denver from the West Texas area. Last night during my 700 mile drive up to Colorado I had the unfortunate experience of left front wheel bearing failure at 85mph outside of Trinidad (roughly 500miles into the trip). I was able to drive another 160miles until I was forced to pull over in Castle Rock at 1230 am and request a tow. Not only was i pissed about MB USA taking 3hrs to arrange a tow truck into Denver, but also highly annoyed that the were only willing to tow the vehicle to MB of Littleton not Murray Imports which is closer to my new house. So I get a call from the SA today from the dealership confirming my suspicions of bearing failure, but as well he stated that my caliper and rotor where damaged and needed to be replaced as well. Any one have any experience dealing with MB of Littleton, it kinda feels like they are price gouging. The can understand the rotor replacement but not the need for a new caliper.

Btw, are there any good shops here in town to paint match the new caliper if indeed it gets replaced?

Thanks for listening to my rant,
Courtney
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
When I lived and worked in Denver, I used to service my car at MB Westminster so I have no experience with MB of Littleton. I also have had excellent service from MB of Colorado Springs, which is unfortunately way too far for you.

Ironically I moved from Colorado Springs to Houston. Good luck with getting your car repaired and back-up and running. At least Kleeman is only 45-minutes from you.
Enjoy CO, I did!
Yasin
Old 06-30-2011, 03:32 PM

2008 CLS63 AMG
Through experience and reviews I'd stay away from Murray and Littleton. By far the worst dealerships in Colorado. Westminster of Glauser is by far the best. That's where I go to get my car serviced.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Never take your car to MB of Littleton... PM me if you want horror stories.

Westminister is where I have my car serviced as well.

As far as the brakes I had my painted @ Peak Eurosport. They did a very nice job.

Welcome to CO!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Thanks Guys,

Unfortunately the car was towed to the nearest MB dealer which was MB Littleton. As of this afternoon, Chrysler Maxcare has denied the rotor and caliper repair claims which amount to about $4000 as per the SA, they will pay for the wheel bearing repair however.

Sigh.... I love my E but these random part failures and prolonged repair times is starting to wear on my patience.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two 957 Cayenne GTS's (black and silver), Duc749 (dark), departed '03 E55
Don't have a ton of experience with all the dealerships here in Denver as we've just come back to MB. But we just bought two cars from MB Westminster and the service has been impeccable thus far. They've given me no reason to doubt them. Good luck.