Sponsored by:

New Member from Vegas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
New Member from Vegas

hello, i just picked up a black 06 E55 with 47k miles on it and all i have to say is WOW , especially coming from a 2007 Altima 2.5s with 51k miles. this car is a blast to drive and i cant believe i was able to find one in my area. I was looking into getting a Lexus IS-F but was planning on doing so in about 6 months, till my friend mentioned to me that i should look at the E55 instead. so i did and as luck were to have it there was only 1 in town. i again wasnt planning on getting a new car and at first i was told by the dealer that the car was already sold, i just wanted to test drive it, a few days later i get a call saying he made a mistake and that the car was still on the lot. so i went in Sat to look at it and test drive it, told him what my budget was and i knew i wasnt going to get it because my credit wasnt good, but after he ran my credit he came back saying i got approved and the rest was history.

i guess this car was meant to be mine, i came back Monday to pick it up. the car has a clean carfax report and only had 2 owners before me, first person leased it and drove it till 43k miles, then the second owner only had it for another 4k before trading it in for an Escalade.

any tips or suggestions that you guys can recommend that i should check out on the car? this is my first luxury/powerful car, and i plan on keeping the car till im old and gray, or until the car dies on me. and the best part about this car is that if i get bored of the current power, i know i can increase it without doing too much work.

-Josh
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
Congrats on the new car! love to see some pictures! Thats a good find, thats how my car was, found it at a used car dealer about five minutes from where i live. The car is truly an animal stock, just wait till you want to modify it
Old 07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
Welcome and enjoy your new beast in good health.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Enjoy your new beast but make sure you got it covered with a warranty. These are awesome cars but when something breaks it gets expensive very fast.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I cant imagine what its like to come from a four cylinder Altima to this.
I can tell you maintenance is a priority with these cars.
It's not a PITA but these arent the type of cars where you gas it up can drive it into the ground.
For example poke under the hood and you'll notice there is no dipstick.
Anyways take the time to read the FAQs which will cover all the nuances with your car.
Unless you are handy with a wrench, i suggest maaking freinds with a local indi shop.
The board is full of resources
Old 07-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats on pickin up the beast! Let the modding begin!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Congrats!! Enjoy it.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:17 AM

2006 E55 AMG
thanks for the greetings, yea my first car was an 03 mitsu eclipse gt and after i had a lot of problems with that car i traded it in for the altima, then i wanted a car to keep forever so i got this e55,

a few things ive noticed after having the car for a couple of days, the driver side keyless unlock feature doesnt work, i dont know if it is an issue with a sensor or if the battery in the fob is weak, pushing the button on the door will lock the car but i have to unlock the car using the fob, does anyone know what to do about this? the car will unlock when i grab the handle on the front and rear of the passenger side, where as the driver side front and rear doors wont do this. also the previous owner had a parrot bluetooth system installed and it looks so cheap that i want to remove it. is there a module that i can install a bluetooth to work with the whole car so that i can use the phone buttons on the wheel? and where is the AUX jack, i cant seem to find in and it gives me an option for one. i will try to post pictures tomorrow, my first official mod was changing the NAV start up screen to the AMG logo, my next will be deleting one of the resonators so that the car has a nicer/louder roar.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
Talking Welcome to the club and to answer a few of your questions..

Originally Posted by JOSHE55
.....the driver side keyless unlock feature doesnt work, i dont know if it is an issue with a sensor or if the battery in the fob is weak, pushing the button on the door will lock the car but i have to unlock the car using the fob, does anyone know what to do about this? the car will unlock when i grab the handle on the front and rear of the passenger side, where as the driver side front and rear doors wont do this. ........................................
.........and where is the AUX jack, i cant seem to find in and it gives me an option for one........

The driver's side door handle is notorious for failing first since it is used the most. A simple replacement of the door handle (which comes painted) will fix that. I knocked that out on mine when i first got it and it took all of 5 minutes to remove the old one and fit the new one in. Search on here and you should find further info on that .

Aux jack is located in the glove box so you might want to lengthen it with another cable (that's what I did so it now sits in the center console).

There's a wealth of info on this board pertaining to our cars and believe it or not no matter how weird an issue might appear to be 95% of the time someone has a post on here about the same issue.
Enjoy the beast.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nanayaw6
The driver's side door handle is notorious for failing first since it is used the most. A simple replacement of the door handle (which comes painted) will fix that. I knocked that out on mine when i first got it and it took all of 5 minutes to remove the old one and fit the new one in. Search on here and you should find further info on that .

Aux jack is located in the glove box so you might want to lengthen it with another cable (that's what I did so it now sits in the center console).

There's a wealth of info on this board pertaining to our cars and believe it or not no matter how weird an issue might appear to be 95% of the time someone has a post on here about the same issue.
Enjoy the beast.

thanks for the tip, i will look in the glove for the aux when i get off work and see how long of a cable i need for it to work, i tried the aftermarket parrot bluetooth that came with the car and the mic doesnt work, plus the sound isnt coming to the normal speaker, there is an extra speaker under the glove that it is hooked up to, i may have to take it to an audio shop to get it removed, can a different bluetooth be added to make it run using the NAV and run the sound through the speakers?

thanks again
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
OP you came to the right place for ANYTHING E55 related. Sometimes someone even posts something informative about an E63 (far less exciting as our motors tend to blow fewer #8 cylinders).
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nstanford99
Congrats on the new car! love to see some pictures! Thats a good find, thats how my car was, found it at a used car dealer about five minutes from where i live. The car is truly an animal stock, just wait till you want to modify it
thanks, i had an issue the other day when the car wouldnt start, i tried 3 times with the push button start and used the key for the 4th attempt and it worked, then the check engine light stayed on. i took it to my friends house and he checked it out and said its possible that the dealer when filling up the tank didnt put the premium, he also said it could be a loose gas cap which was the problem, so after filling the car up with 91, and making sure the gas cap is on right, the check engine light never went back on.

here are some pics from my cell, i will try to get better pictures with a great view of the Vegas Strip.
Attached Thumbnails New Member from Vegas-front.jpg   New Member from Vegas-dside.jpg   New Member from Vegas-pside.jpg   New Member from Vegas-back.jpg  
Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 GLS63 AMG Diamond White
Congrats on the new whip! I got mine with 47k on it. It was an awesome experience for the first couple weeks and then I started modding the damn thing. I wanted more power and I am sure you will want more power in a little bit. They make an array of parts for our cars that just about adds 100whp. Enjoy the BEAST in good health!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
thanks, i had an issue the other day when the car wouldnt start, i tried 3 times with the push button start and used the key for the 4th attempt and it worked, then the check engine light stayed on. i took it to my friends house and he checked it out and said its possible that the dealer when filling up the tank didnt put the premium, he also said it could be a loose gas cap which was the problem, so after filling the car up with 91, and making sure the gas cap is on right, the check engine light never went back on.

here are some pics from my cell, i will try to get better pictures with a great view of the Vegas Strip.
Yeah ive had some keyless go issues too, nothing with it starting though. just on the individual door handles. I do know a lot of problems come from not putting premium gas in so that could be an issue too. Your car looks great!! love black AMG's, especially with tint
Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 AM

2006 E55 AMG
here are some new pictures i took

Old 07-22-2011, 12:48 AM

2006 E55 AMG --old cars -- E39 M5, 2.7tt Audi S4, E36 M3 **Ducati 996, 748
good pick -- now watch out for the cops -- and for us other Vegas guys.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by guysandiego
good pick -- now watch out for the cops -- and for us other Vegas guys.

will do. what part of town do you live at? there is another black e55 in my complex but i rarely see them on the road
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 AM

currently up in Cent. Hills --- NW Vegas -- almost near Mt. Charleston exit
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
any tips or suggestions that you guys can recommend that i should check out on the car? this is my first luxury/powerful car, and i plan on keeping the car till im old and gray, or until the car dies on me. and the best part about this car is that if i get bored of the current power, i know i can increase it without doing too much work.
That just ruined it for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by slownrusty
That just ruined it for me.
what did?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:43 AM

2008 E63AMGP30
Josh,

Congrats and welcome.

The only big advice is to keep the maintenance up on the car. As people will probably tell you here, when things break it can get really expensive.

Excellent pics !!!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:42 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Lycan
Josh,

Congrats and welcome.

The only big advice is to keep the maintenance up on the car. As people will probably tell you here, when things break it can get really expensive.

Excellent pics !!!
thanks , i will be purchasing an extended warranty in a few weeks, then i will be able to enjoy the car even more with out having to worry if i will break something.

when replacing brakes, will it be cheaper or better to go after market or sticking to OEM AMG parts be the better choice?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Dont buy a warranty -- its too late for this car -- it seems all the good companies stopped covering this car -- any other company will be full of crap when it come time to pay for repairs. save your money for mods and repairs.

So - You live near Green Valley?
Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
thanks , i will be purchasing an extended warranty in a few weeks, then i will be able to enjoy the car even more with out having to worry if i will break something.

when replacing brakes, will it be cheaper or better to go after market or sticking to OEM AMG parts be the better choice?
I would stick to using Akebono's. OEM is not always better (like the OEM IC pump for example).
Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
She's a beauty! Also love the GVR parking lot pics, I just stayed there with the wife a couple months ago. It's a breath of fresh air form the strip madness..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Member from Vegas