Sponsored by:

Eurocharged blown engine CLS55.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
You are totally right! you are not on that thread, but somehow i know you are one of their C..K RIDERS...
LOL, I'd love to see you say that to his face, I rekon you would last about as long as it takes your car to go down the 1/4

Last edited by AUS-E55; 07-14-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I have always been a EC fan, but it just looks like they might have dropped the ball. It happens in any business though. I can't see how anyone could explain why his car has over-spray other than the fact that it happened with them while getting the bumper fixed. I had my bumper redone by one of those companies that just do touch ups just weeks ago and they ended up installing my bumper back wrong over-sprayed on my headlights left sand paper in my bumper and installed my under-shields wrong and it flew off on the freeway. I can see his claims as being true. EC admitted to the engine problems as well. The only thing that I can see being out of their hands was the damage that was done by the transportation company. I don't know if everyone read his tread before calling him an idiot or crybaby. I think his complaints might be legit.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I have always been a EC fan, but it just looks like they might have dropped the ball. It happens in any business though. I can't see how anyone could explain why his car has over-spray other than the fact that it happened with them while getting the bumper fixed. I had my bumper redone by one of those companies that just do touch ups just weeks ago and they ended up installing my bumper back wrong over-sprayed on my headlights left sand paper in my bumper and installed my under-shields wrong and it flew off on the freeway. I can see his claims as being true. EC admitted to the engine problems as well. The only thing that I can see being out of their hands was the damage that was done by the transportation company. I don't know if everyone read his tread before calling him an idiot or crybaby. I think his complaints might be legit.
I am 100% positive his claims are legit...Maybe he did bashed a little bit to much (not sure about that though) but he had every right to do so. I mean they ruined his car. I honestly would not want to own that car.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
20-30k spent on mods with one vendor you'd think he'd get better service.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
Some of you mother Theresas have very stupid comments. So what if he went back to them? Is that an excuse to ruin his car. And I dont think really matters if they did all the damage or just some of it. If a tuner blew my engine or even damaged it in any way...believe me he would have to buy me a brand new c63 even if mine was 3 years old. I don't know why but I never had any issues with anyone screwing around with my car. But if I got a seat like that or fff up engine, back from the tuner he would have to not only repair the seat, but pay me twice as much. This can not happen. This can happen only to 10 year old kids. I would take that as personally as I would if someone was banging my girlfriend.

I would have no understating for anyone if they returned the car with any minor defect. I would be even more pissed if this happened to me... I mean the tuner clearly saw the seat before he returned the car, but he still didn't bother. Well if this happened to me, where I am from this would lead to owners hospitalization very shortly.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
Some of you mother Theresas have very stupid comments. So what if he went back to them? Is that an excuse to ruin his car. And I dont think really matters if they did all the damage or just some of it. If a tuner blew my engine or even damaged it in any way...believe me he would have to buy me a brand new c63 even if mine was 3 years old. I don't know why but I never had any issues with anyone screwing around with my car. But if I got a seat like that or fff up engine, back from the tuner he would have to not only repair the seat, but pay me twice as much. This can not happen. This can happen only to 10 year old kids. I would take that as personally as I would if someone was banging my girlfriend.

I would have no understating for anyone if they returned the car with any minor defect. I would be even more pissed if this happened to me... I mean the tuner clearly saw the seat before he returned the car, but he still didn't bother. Well if this happened to me, where I am from this would lead to owners hospitalization very shortly.
Thats pretty gangster.

But on the whole its true, end of the day the customer is always right, even if this guy went about resolving it the wrong way, ultimately EC business will be effected if this service continues.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Problem wiht this thread so far:

1. People who enjoy mocking others and gloating over their misery (trust me when it happens to you you wont be laughing). What's the point in your posts, if all you are doing is laughing at some one when they are down...how sad do you have to be, if this is your form of amusment ?

2. The people who are just relentlessly backing up their tuner and act like they know it all, when in fact they really have no mechanical, or software tuning expertise...

3. Facts, they are several blown engines by said tuner, but another fact they have allot of happy customers. The trend is there for both, you can not deny either.

Last edited by Zod; 07-14-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Thread closing in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6. . .
Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
^^^
Just a matter of time.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Just wants to get my $.02.

$.02.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by LOCO 05' E55
You are totally right! you are not on that thread, but somehow i know you are one of their C..K RIDERS...

Im Done here!
Why did you even get started? You just once again ended up looking like a d1ck!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG

LMAO...seriously? They have to buy you a new C63? Good luck with that in court..lol. And then you threaten them? Hahahaha...what a joke.

Wait...I'm sorry for making fun at your post...please don't threaten to kill me.

Gangsta
Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
The whole story sounds strange. If he was not happy from the beginning, why go back and get more work done and allow EC to use the car for the mile run...
I have been dealing with EC personally and can only say he has been top notch and an outstanding guy. I had a standard tune and then met his team for a custom one in Miami.
I did not have to ship my car and have them do engine work and this usually involves dealing with other companies. It is difficult to also assess if the OP dealt with a branch of EC or if the work was performed by Jerry and his team.
If Jerry truly installed a new engine in this car, then I would say he came thru because that is a major bill.
Sometimes things do not go your way but the blame is rarely on one company only especially when the car was handled by so many companies.
Jacob502: just because you have deep pockets and you are willing the pay the MB tax does not mean that EC is low class. He is low cost but his service is up there with the other tuners.

Last edited by emericr; 07-14-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by GT-ER
LMAO...seriously? They have to buy you a new C63? Good luck with that in court..lol. And then you threaten them? Hahahaha...what a joke.

Wait...I'm sorry for making fun at your post...please don't threaten to kill me.

Gangsta
watch out bro, he's seems to be a european transplant to miami- they're dangerous dont ya know ,,,all sitting in south beach sipping on some espresso and momossa's while telling everyone their "305 dade county" while never acutally crossing the causeway to the real miami
Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
I got my car STAR lowered right the week after Timmyfest by EC when they came to town. Boy did the EC look like they hated life/recovering. Yes Jerry almost cancelled this due to near death of a family member, but didnt and even was going to NYC and Miami next.

Jerry was more than helpful and asked several times if i am happy and want to make sure i am happy with the height. Must admit the other EC employee really didnt know how to and luckily the DIY from Alexsander1099 i ingrained in my head helped him step by step. Even though my car is OE tuned, Jerry provided service that i expected.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63

Gangsta
Actually I think he's right, if the tuner wrecks your car, he has to reimburse you, I saw the photos of the damage to that guys car, that was significant. It's not about being "gangsta", it's about a fair outcome for everyone, if the tuner does damage to the car then I'm sorry but that's their sole responsibility.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
1. Jerry did in fact have a death in the family on that day I was with him and he was devistated. The guy is bloody human and everybody can have a bad day but this was a bad day on top of a bad week.

2. The EC dyno was having alot of problems after a DD software update.

3. All of the wrenching work was done by another shop who has a great reputation here in town, go figure !!

4. I spoke to all the guys who I know personally at the shop where the car was picked up from said the car looked clean when it got put on the transporter (they couldnt say what the interior looked like though) they have no reason to lie about it they are not employed by EC,

5. Complaining about missing tow hook covers, a broken fog light, a dirty car, and some water stains on a rear tank seem to be really bloody petty to me considering all of the work that was done to the car.
1. Thats unfortunate, but if you're responsible for customer service, you better put on your happy face and treat your customer right. If you can't handle that, you find someone who can. Simple "customer xyz, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't pleased with our work. I'm dealing with the death of a friend/family member/pet, etc right now, but lets talk on such and such date and get your issues sorted out"

2. That's not the customers fault. Get it fixed.

3. When you as a shop outsource to another shop, you are responsible for their work, as the end customer doesn't care, nor should he. If you are doing the final delivery of the vehicle, you need to make sure its right, regardless of who you've outsourced the work to. You become a gen. contractor in that instance.

4. & 5. Don't know, don't care.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e500slr
Actually I think he's right, if the tuner wrecks your car, he has to reimburse you, I saw the photos of the damage to that guys car, that was significant. It's not about being "gangsta", it's about a fair outcome for everyone, if the tuner does damage to the car then I'm sorry but that's their sole responsibility.
I don't know if you read what he said, but you are dead wrong if you did. He stated that if they blew his engine or damaged the vehicle in any way, they would have to give him a brand new C63. Such a claim is down right absurd. They would have to fix what they broke, or give him a cash value of the damage they caused...but even if they total his C63 in an accident they still would not have to buy him a brand new C63...they would just have to give him what his C63 is worth at the time.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oliverk
1. Thats unfortunate, but if you're responsible for customer service, you better put on your happy face and treat your customer right. If you can't handle that, you find someone who can. Simple "customer xyz, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't pleased with our work. I'm dealing with the death of a friend/family member/pet, etc right now, but lets talk on such and such date and get your issues sorted out"

2. That's not the customers fault. Get it fixed.

3. When you as a shop outsource to another shop, you are responsible for their work, as the end customer doesn't care, nor should he. If you are doing the final delivery of the vehicle, you need to make sure its right, regardless of who you've outsourced the work to. You become a gen. contractor in that instance.

4. & 5. Don't know, don't care.
I do actually have to agree with OliverK...the above mentioned really isn't the customers fault or problem. While it would be stupid to expect a shop to NEVER make a mistake, their mistake is not my problem.