Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 vs Porsche 996 Turbo vs 360 Modena

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Same on the new 600,it breaks traction even faster then E55.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Bilal

RC, you have to admit ESP is for safety, I mean a wet road on a dark day, loss of control, ESP really gives the normal driver some confidence. It also makes MB the safest cars in the world.

Your right about 911 turbo owners, I mean even changing ECU and different exhaust, some tuners have tuned porsche engines to 500-600HP plus, if you keep everything else stock, then NOBODY could tell apart form the owners, who wont tell!

i read somewhere that you can't grow to like your Merc emotionally, well I bet you do! Just wait til it goes away for a couple of days, and you get a courtesy car! an Opel!

AMG should have installed an LSD, but one of the factors would have been weight, and compliance with other systems of the car, factors like space, etc. (I don't know much about technical stuff so I won't comment on this area on detail.)

AMG cars are probably never driven on tracks, just on long stretches of road, due to fuel prices, everyone is going diesel, or 200K style. I blame bad marketing on the part of DC for their "lack" of handling ability.

But anyways, I have read numerous posts of yours, on rennteam.com and here, and I must say I am impressed with your knowledge, and you have good secret information sources that can tell us what is going on in the future for MB cars!

If the german car industry keeps going on mad, (sorry that should have only been Mercedes), by the time I get to own an AMG car, 800HP will be the MINIMUM

ps, if its so easy to tune Porsche TT engines, then you just wait for an SL65 A M G !