Sponsored by:

Heat bubble in vinyl on the center console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, C32 AMG
Heat bubble in vinyl on the center console

Has anyone experienced a bubble in their vinyl on the center console, where the right elbow normally rests? I inquired about the part and it is 436 for the entire lid.

Are there any other ways to get it fixed? It just seems as if the glue has given in, but the vinyl is in great shape. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 amg
There is information on this topic posted, if you search you will find some pretty detailed information on what people have done to correct it. I haven't had the problem happen to my car but I did do some reading on it when I was looking for my car and I too was curious how to get rid of it. I think the most effective treatment had something to do with cutting and a hair dryer. But don't quote me on that just pull up the old threads. Good luck
Old 07-21-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2004 E55
Yes, there are a few detailed threads on this.

The best non-invasive treatment appears to be a blow dryer or heat-gun and gently heating the area up to let the adhesive reapply itself. The other option is to take a tiny syringe and inject some more adhesive into the bubble and then press it down until it bonds.