W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Need your Guys's Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2003 | 09:39 AM

488 GTB
Need your Guys's Help

I made a post a couple days ago questioning are Xenons standard on the 211 e55. As expected my car arrived at the dealer without Zenons. I am going to see the car tomorrow. My question is should I take the car without Zenons or should I wait and try to find another car? I found out Zenons can be retrofitted, but even getting the parts at cost its about $3500. What are guys thoughts?
Old 05-30-2003 | 10:10 AM

I've had 3 cars with xenons and wouldn't buy another car without them.
Old 05-30-2003 | 10:46 AM

W211 E55s are out there and available now, so you have some flexibility. I'm willing to bet you can find a car that's on the ground with Xenons that you can negotiate down to $3,500 over MSRP or possibly even lower. That way you're at parity with what you would've spent but you have a car that was produced with the option from the factory. IMO, buying the car with them installed from the factory is preferable to having the dealer performing the work and possibly botching the job. As far as taking the car without Xenons... after two months with an E500 that had halogens I just traded my wife's car back in and took a $5k hit (well, perhaps not that bad, the new car had Xenons and heated seats which the old car didn't) to get one with Xenons. The halogens were good but the Xenons are in a completely different league. I'll never own another car without 'em!

Last edited by kaneman; 05-30-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2003 | 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

I'll echo their sentiment. I will never own another car without Xenon lights. My first car with them was a '95 BMW 750iL and I then realized how good they were. Don't retrofit!!!
Old 05-30-2003 | 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Re: Need your Guys's Help

Originally posted by Duane
I made a post a couple days ago questioning are Xenons standard on the 211 e55. As expected my car arrived at the dealer without Zenons. I am going to see the car tomorrow. My question is should I take the car without Zenons or should I wait and try to find another car? I found out Zenons can be retrofitted, but even getting the parts at cost its about $3500. What are guys thoughts?

Not to be an ***.....but how can you spell Xenon's in the first sentence correctly...then butcher it "Zenons" after that???/
Very confusing