Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Dealer flashed ECU - now CEL - 07 E63

My superwagon hasn't been so super.

Since I bought it, it was sluggish off the line. To the point where you had to try to spin the tires from a dig. Took it to the track and it only ran high 12s in ~80 deg temps with a best around 12.7@110 with a 2.1 short. It also rarely selected 1st gear when stopped in sport mode.

Took it to the dealer and they reflashed the ECU. Car ran much better - it hit the tires a lot harder from a dig, hazing the tires all the way through first with the outside temp in mid-high 90s. And now it always starts in 1st gear. Good times.

About 5 miles from the dealer, I got a CEL. I cleared it, thinking it was just an artifact of the flash. It came back after about a 1000 mile road trip. Took a pic of the codes this time:

Did the dealer **** up something during the "B" service and flash or is this just a coincidence? I'm going to schedule another trip there this week, once the CEL comes back on.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
You took a MB wagon on the track? Get outta here! That's the coolest thing ever. Did other people look at you funny? Haha.

But I'd go back to dealer and see what the heck happened. It could be a coincidence, but seeing how it happened shortly after the dealer messed with it, it's probably their fault.