AMG sport package.. wtf

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by danlnyc
Why are you getting so butthurt? Relax. There is no need to start attacking people because we disagree with you.

I fail to see how dealing with your SM a couple times and calling a couple places = actual facts and statistics.
You're "attacking" the local franchise MB dealerships and accusing them of fraud. Like bigben320e suggests, all you have to do is tell me the name of the dealerships. I'll do the rest. I've contacted the GM of MB BH and relayed these accusations on to him. I want to get to the bottom of this since I've done lots of business with MB BH in the past. So call it a "consumer protection crusade." But don't BS me, and just give me the facts. Fraud is fraud and MBUSA wants to know which dealers are being fraudulent with their product. And as a MB owners in SoCal, we all need to know.

So which dealership sold this guy a non-AMG as an AMG?

Exactly like I said in my post, I'll listen if you have the proof. And I never once said my speaking with them directly meant I had the facts, but that I'll believe them first until you can prove it to me otherwise. So give me the proof. I'm in the film industry and have many colleagues who purchased from MB BH and if MB BH and other SoCal franchised dealers are dealing fraudulently, everybody needs to know it. Without the details, it remains just internet car forum babble and exaggeration.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
p.s., to add to my post above:

This is no different then when people come on here and post about vendors and tuners misrepresenting their goods and services. There is finger pointing and accusations going on with both sides. As a consumer of the goods and services, I want to know for certain if the MB dealerships here are misrepresenting their products. And so do others I know who are customers of these dealerships. It's as simple as that.

If MB BH is misrepresenting their inventory as AMGs, then who knows what else they are doing. And I'm not interested in being a customer of theirs any longer if this is in fact, true.

Hyperlite, you have a cell phone. Since you see "a minimum of three non-AMGs badges as AMGs coming from MB BH's inventory" then it will be easy for you to gather the evidence. Just post the pics and I'll do the rest (by confronting MB BH directly, since I've done business with them.)

In the meantime I have to believe what the dealership tells me (since I already have a customer relationship with them) until it can be proven otherwise. And then the dealerships (MB BH and all the other MB franchise dealers), will have to answer.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi s5
Hi..I am new to this forum..do you have any experience with how the winter tires handle snow/ice?..i live in NJ and am considering the CLS 63 this May 2012, but want that to be my winter car too...the concern is I live on a hill that has a double S bend approach and am not sure if it will make it up my road in the winter months..basically, I am asking how good winter tires would be on this car..thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by dfz
It feels like a waste of rubber and money when I have to replace them as well as loss of safety.
OP. Sorry but if you have a problem with waste of rubber and money because of the waste of rubber...

AMG is not 4 U.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM

N/A\
i have the AMG Package on my car and according to my dealer theres no mechanical difference only appearance changes. Such as wheels, tips, door sills, body mouldings ...............etc.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by KINGB
i have the AMG Package on my car and according to my dealer theres no mechanical difference only appearance changes. Such as wheels, tips, door sills, body mouldings ...............etc.
+1 only the body kit and rims. Everything else is the same if E320 or E500. Looks much better.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Originally Posted by MDNJ
Hi..I am new to this forum..do you have any experience with how the winter tires handle snow/ice?..i live in NJ and am considering the CLS 63 this May 2012, but want that to be my winter car too...the concern is I live on a hill that has a double S bend approach and am not sure if it will make it up my road in the winter months..basically, I am asking how good winter tires would be on this car..thanks
I live in Iowa and have a steep driveway. I park my E55 wagon in the winter. Even with snow tires, I didn't feel it was that safe. It certainly wouldn't get up my driveway.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 PM

audi s5
winter tires for cls 63 amg 2012

thanks for the info!..i have heard from a lot of the forums that maybe with winter tires it becomes "acceptable" ( not great obviously) to drive in snow and ice..hmm, may have to rethink my decision!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM

N/A\
Originally Posted by MDNJ
If you live on a steep windy incline i probably wouldnt, but then again you could probably somewhat get by so wont know until you try
Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 PM

audi s5
cool..thanks for the advise!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1969 280S, 1991 300E
I am an MB dealer.

No non-AMG car has ever come from factory with an AMG badge, except 1 stupid car. It was a 2009 CLK "AMG Edition" and came in the 350/550 version car. It was available in Canada for sure...not sure about other countries.

They actually put the AMG badge on the trunk. I remember this because at the time, i thought it was both stupid and ridiculous at the same time.

That being said, every time i see s C230 AMG, SL500 AMG, E500 AMG, I walk towards one of my co-workers & we begin to chat about what a douche this person must be, to think he must be fooling someone. Maybe it's rude to make fun of people behind their backs...but whatever...you're bringing it upon yourself. "You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end, it's still a pig".

I actually saw a W220 S430 AMG yesterday. It was really cool. It didn't even have the AMG bodystyling, nor were it's 16" alloys made by AMG...a true sleeper! If it didn't have the AMG badge, i would've never known it was an AMG!