E63 - resonator delete to X-pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
E63 - resonator delete to X-pipe

Hi everyone,

I just did a resonator delete on my 07 E63 with 3" straight pipes. I don't really like the sound it produces in the cabin... Sort of a muffled and drone sound, a bit loud for my taste. I would appreciate your opinions please:

1.) Switch to 3" Magnaflow Tru- x pipe
2.) Switch to Magnaflow X pipe with bullet resonators
3.) Switch to VRP X pipe
4.) Put the original resonator back on.

My attempt is to preserve the AMG sound, just a bit louder than stock.

Thank you in advance,

Brian
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
X pipe will really bring the noise down and it'll lose that AMG bark. If anything I would replace the 2ndary cats with an X pipe.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:57 AM

2007 E63
Is there any difference between the VRP X- Pipe and the Magnaflow?.. Anything to do to keep that AMG bark?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
should keep at least the resonators , wouldve helped with the cabin drone
Old 08-31-2011, 09:06 AM

94/95 Supra,07 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
X pipe will really bring the noise down and it'll lose that AMG bark. If anything I would replace the 2ndary cats with an X pipe.
+1
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by DAGREEKNYC
should keep at least the resonators , wouldve helped with the cabin drone
I think Iight try putting the X-pipe in place of the straight pipes.. If that doesn't work, back to the stock resonators.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:44 PM

2001 ML55
Originally Posted by BMCINSD
Hi everyone,

I just did a resonator delete on my 07 E63 with 3" straight pipes. I don't really like the sound it produces in the cabin... Sort of a muffled and drone sound, a bit loud for my taste. I would appreciate your opinions please:

1.) Switch to 3" Magnaflow Tru- x pipe
2.) Switch to Magnaflow X pipe with bullet resonators
3.) Switch to VRP X pipe
4.) Put the original resonator back on.

My attempt is to preserve the AMG sound, just a bit louder than stock.

Thank you in advance,

Brian
What did it run to do the res delete and add straight pipe? How does the X pipe work?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
remove your post cats to an x pipe and remove your resonators with straight pipe (as mentioned).... best bet for sound and cost effective.

This pic is not for your car but it gives you an idea of what the x pipe does in replacement of the post cats...

Old 11-23-2011, 08:30 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by nelsonlaptop
What did it run to do the res delete and add straight pipe? How does the X pipe work?
It ran me $150 to remove the resonator and an additional $250 to put it back.. I was a bit impulsive (only had the car for a week before I was chopping off the exhaust).

I'm back to stock but I have my eye on the Gintani header back exhaust.. They did a "one-off" for a CLS63 and it sounds amazing.

The cost for the set-up is pricey but the sound is amazing.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
09E350, 07E63, 13CLS63
Just got the resonator removed yesterday. The sound is exactly what I want, not too loud, no drone at cruising. Just the deep sound when start or step on the gas. I am happy with the outcomes.

I have problem with the way the pipes look. I think exhaust tips are a little low but they said that's how they're supposed to be and cannot be adjusted. May be they just want more money to to get the job done? Please take a look at the picture at let me know what you think? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:29 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
mine are also a little low...haven't really looked under to see how stretched the rubber is down there holding the mufflers.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 04-28-2016, 05:11 PM

09E350, 07E63, 13CLS63
Originally Posted by hachiroku
mine are also a little low...haven't really looked under to see how stretched the rubber is down there holding the mufflers.
What rubber do you talking about. I didnt see any noticeable rubber when looking under the car.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:21 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Originally Posted by dustinN
Just got the resonator removed yesterday. The sound is exactly what I want, not too loud, no drone at cruising. Just the deep sound when start or step on the gas. I am happy with the outcomes.

I have problem with the way the pipes look. I think exhaust tips are a little low but they said that's how they're supposed to be and cannot be adjusted. May be they just want more money to to get the job done? Please take a look at the picture at let me know what you think? Thanks.
Mine was removed when I bought the car or the inside of the resonator if the resonators are the ones at the front straight after the headers has been open so they are empty inside gives a nice raw sound when cruising but as soon as open / floor it you really can hear it. Even when changed to manual the sound really changes but I'm not sure if those are the resonators is so long time I been fiddling with exhausts
Here is a picture of mine note left side exhaust tip.

Maybe we are to detailed but we see it I'm not sure others see it
Still is how we are detailed haha.

Anyway still I'm bed can't frk walk so will be a while before I'm able to work / drive my car again it sucks big time now summer came to Sweden and here I am with a broken back longing sitting behind the steering wheel buuh huuh but good news today I'm 1 steep better can now sit that is awesome.
Imagine from day to day u can't walk made 1 wrong movement and bam by back is stuck not sure what is called in English but the disk in the spine blown and touching the nerve in my spine so contestable pain in my right leg the leg I need to floor the pedal Grrrr

Old 05-21-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
E63 AMG 2007
Sorry to hear...wish you a speedy recovery
Old 05-21-2016, 12:02 PM

09E350, 07E63, 13CLS63
Originally Posted by SuperChargerE55
Mine was removed when I bought the car or the inside of the resonator if the resonators are the ones at the front straight after the headers has been open so they are empty inside gives a nice raw sound when cruising but as soon as open / floor it you really can hear it. Even when changed to manual the sound really changes but I'm not sure if those are the resonators is so long time I been fiddling with exhausts
Here is a picture of mine note left side exhaust tip.

Maybe we are to detailed but we see it I'm not sure others see it
Still is how we are detailed haha.

Anyway still I'm bed can't frk walk so will be a while before I'm able to work / drive my car again it sucks big time now summer came to Sweden and here I am with a broken back longing sitting behind the steering wheel buuh huuh but good news today I'm 1 steep better can now sit that is awesome.
Imagine from day to day u can't walk made 1 wrong movement and bam by back is stuck not sure what is called in English but the disk in the spine blown and touching the nerve in my spine so contestable pain in my right leg the leg I need to floor the pedal Grrrr

Its hard to see in the picture. It looks like the left side is a little lower. I will have my car lifted up to take another look. I will let you know.

Btw, hope you will get better soon.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:53 PM

E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
Originally Posted by Dublinoh
Sorry to hear...wish you a speedy recovery
Thanks brother
Old 05-21-2016, 02:59 PM

Its hard to see in the picture. It looks like the left side is a little lower. I will have my car lifted up to take another look. I will let you know.

Btw, hope you will get better soon.
Sorry yes the picture is to dark but your right left side is a bit lower.
Will have it looked at as soon as I'm able to.
I been outside today walking around with my cripple sticks
And actually noticed even brand new cars audi, Volvo ect parked here their exhaust also aren't straight equal as we want ours to be still I'm sure ours should be better leveled and was when bought the car.

I will be waiting to hear the result Dustin hope for pretty simple solution despite I doubt one exist lol is rare that is the case with our cars
By the way thanks brother feeling a bit better today was able to walk 200 m forth and back yesterday I couldn't even sit but only lie down so something good is happening
Old 05-23-2016, 11:18 AM

09E350, 07E63, 13CLS63
Originally Posted by SuperChargerE55
Sorry yes the picture is to dark but your right left side is a bit lower.
Will have it looked at as soon as I'm able to.
I been outside today walking around with my cripple sticks
And actually noticed even brand new cars audi, Volvo ect parked here their exhaust also aren't straight equal as we want ours to be still I'm sure ours should be better leveled and was when bought the car.

I will be waiting to hear the result Dustin hope for pretty simple solution despite I doubt one exist lol is rare that is the case with our cars
By the way thanks brother feeling a bit better today was able to walk 200 m forth and back yesterday I couldn't even sit but only lie down so something good is happening
Nothing they can do, they said its manufacture set, nothing wrong. I will wait to see what you can do for your car.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:04 PM

Nothing they can do, they said its manufacture set, nothing wrong. I will wait to see what you can do for your car.
thanks brother that is ok at least you get answer, I looked mine and also cant find any problems all looks pretty new and there is no slak not feeling weaker left side than right side so I believe them still I got time next week at my my local exhaust shop he is a dude who can do magic check my old CLK what he did actually doesnt fit but he got it managed despite and must add all tig welded stainless steel no 2 hand joints

LOL was happy for this car haha

Stil got nice isn't it, puuha project money lol