Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate the human race!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
Sorry about the scratch. I had a hit and run situation a little over a month ago while getting my hair cut. Someone was nice enough to back into my car, jam my trunk, and take out a piece of my rear bumper. Adding insult to injury, I had just picked up the car from the detailer .

Good luck sorting out the paint work.

Oscar
Old 09-02-2011, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
+1 on the Dr. Color chip. I just got done using it on my car. I was concerned about the match because my car is pewter like yours. It matches beautifully. The application is pretty straight forward and the directions are good. I found after a little practice, I got pretty good at the wiping technique which seems to be the real trick so the excess paint can be removed properly.

It looks to me like that scratch of yours could be built up pretty nicely with repeated applications. If you make an application and don't like it, you can wipe it right off and start over. The kit should last a very long time. I even did touch up repair on my ML (its peweter too) and still have tons of paint.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Originally Posted by e500slr
It was probably some hooligan kids who can't stand a person driving a nice car while they're on their skateboards. This is why I only park in CCTV monitored secure car parks, like you said, these days = NO TRUST
Im a skateboarder.... and i represent millions of them.. and i can tell you the majority of them don't give two ****s about a car parked in a parking lot.

The fact that you would use skateboarders as an example is extremely judgmental.. and shows that you probably hate doing what you do for a living.. and i would guess have a boss.. and no equity in any company... and you are bitter of anyone that expresses themselves because you are trapped in a world you don't like.(i can be judgemental as well)

idiot.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Im a skateboarder.... and i represent millions of them.. and i can tell you the majority of them don't give two ****s about a car parked in a parking lot.

The fact that you would use skateboarders as an example is extremely judgmental.. and shows that you probably hate doing what you do for a living.. and i would guess have a boss.. and no equity in any company... and you are bitter of anyone that expresses themselves because you are trapped in a world you don't like.(i can be judgemental as well)

idiot.
Calm down cowboy, there may be some "professional skaters" who don't behave like this but I've had one too many incidents with teenagers on skateboards. This isn't just me saying it, look around on the street and you'll notice LEOs usually stop and frisk skaters much more than other people because there is a culture of "weed" use amongst them, this isn't my opinion it's what I see near train stations and malls. Now you're probably one of the good guys but alot of them aren't. They see a nice car and decide to "unnice" it. Since most responsible skaters have a job and only skate at skate parks or competitions and not just cruise the streets at night vandalizing things, I'd think you wouldn't run into them anyway. Why would anyone who owns a car use a skateboard as transport. Next time you see a police officer stop a skater, be sure to call him an idiot like you did me and then see their reaction.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E320 CDI Bluetec
Take Your Time

Check with MB dealer, or MB body shop. Yes, the doors may be aluminum.... unless side impact requirement mandated stronger steel. The hood, front fenders, trunk lid and some structural members on W211's are Al. Then corrosion is less serious. This should be easy to check on.

Be careful with touch up paint kit ( from MB or anyone else ). Big chance is the paint WILL NOT match on platinum or medium - darker greys. I have a 2007 E 320 CDI, and the $25 Flint Gray touch up paint from MB I bought is MUCH darker. That'll look just as bad as a scratch. U might check with an MB body shop to see if they have any paint in your color .... or even see about buying a quart of it ,and have them color match it to your car. Then you can use it in the future.

Keep your blood pressure down, and take a little time on this.

Think Positive >> Maybe the mouthbreather that did this to you will die from **** syphillus.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
^^^ If you really want to know if the door is made of aluminum or mild steel, there is a rather high tech, but relatively easy device you can use to discern the difference. It is called a magnet. If the high tech device (magnet) adheres to the door, it is most likely mild steel and certainly not aluminum. You might want to put a piece of paper or some other protective film between the high tech device and your door as to insure no additional damage occurs during the testing procedure.

If you would like to see photos of the color match between the pewter metallic touch up paint I used from Dr. Color chip on one or both of my pewter metallic cars, I would be happy to oblige. Shoot me a pm.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cal1
^^^ If you really want to know if the door is made of aluminum or mild steel, there is a rather high tech, but relatively easy device you can use to discern the difference. It is called a magnet. If the high tech device (magnet) adheres to the door, it is most likely mild steel and certainly not aluminum. You might want to put a piece of paper or some other protective film between the high tech device and your door as to insure no additional damage occurs during the testing procedure.

If you would like to see photos of the color match between the pewter metallic touch up paint I used from Dr. Color chip on one or both of my pewter metallic cars, I would be happy to oblige. Shoot me a pm.
Yes please. Painting the whole side of the car will only cost me about $100 in materials since I do the paint work myself. It's just a HUGE pain in the **** to do for just a scratch. I may bite the bullet and buy the Dr.Color crap if you can convince me. PM Sent.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 PM

2007 E63
The pictures I posted were on an E63, the paint matches exactly, just like it did on all of the other kits I ordered from them, and I am very picky. Not saying it will work well for your scratch but it's worth a shot.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:03 AM

g55
Calm down cowboy, there may be some "professional skaters" who don't behave like this but I've had one too many incidents with teenagers on skateboards. This isn't just me saying it, look around on the street and you'll notice LEOs usually stop and frisk skaters much more than other people because there is a culture of "weed" use amongst them, this isn't my opinion it's what I see near train stations and malls. Now you're probably one of the good guys but alot of them aren't. They see a nice car and decide to "unnice" it. Since most responsible skaters have a job and only skate at skate parks or competitions and not just cruise the streets at night vandalizing things, I'd think you wouldn't run into them anyway. Why would anyone who owns a car use a skateboard as transport. Next time you see a police officer stop a skater, be sure to call him an idiot like you did me and then see their reaction.
Culture of "weed"?....lol. You must live under a rock... because weed is apart of most cultures. You are going to single out skaters though..lol.

You would probably **** a brick if you knew how many "normal" business folks, pro athletes, and gov officials smoke weed. I don't smoke... and barely drink.. but trust me.. 75% of the people you see everyday smoke weed.

I used to NOT be one of the good guys. A punk, hoodlum, late night vandalizer...you name it... i was that kid. And a skater. A gangster skater at that. But one thing skate kids don't give a **** about is a car parked in a parking lot. UNLESS the person driving that car was harassing them earlier.

But it wouldn't be a scratch under the window.. that looks like some one with a pen or pocket knife hangin on there pocket brushed up against the car. Not a key. Especially that it went deep enough... but didn't "chip" the paint.

And your comment about skaters cruising the streets at night vandalizing... well thats subjective... and i would bet there are very few skateboarders in the pen or county that are waiting trial to be sent away for "vandalizing". Far less than high school football, baseball, soccer..ect players. Its because your everyday skater is anti jock.. so they don't have a jock mentality. Your jocks are the beer bonging pranksters. But they arent considered out casts... like a skater.

Skaters typically cruise the streets at night to stay away from folks like yourself so they can get there skate on with less harassment from the bitter, nosey, neighbors that think property value is more important than physical activity, friendship, and self expression.

And before you say something about me not knowing what im talking about.. do some research... All i do to this day is travel the world and hang out with skateboarders all day.. and night. In every major city and suburb.. And the liability laws are what create the negative approach to skateboarders in the US. Not property damage. That comes second. But the lack of damage a skateboard "actually" creates is FAR less than what a BMX bike creates. Not to mention the damage vehicles, plastic waste, electronic waste,... you get where im going.

Go to Europe, Australia, Japan.. and because they don't have the corrupt *** liability laws there... you will see that skate boarders are treated equal and the city plaza's are shared with them. There aren't "no skateboarding" signs all over Tokyo, Barcelona, Paris, ect. Because it "really" isn't an issue.

Whatever.. sorry to hijack the thread... but i don't think the scratch was caused by skateboarders.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:14 AM

E-Class (W124)
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Sorry to hear that, I had a black car and got a big scratch and was so pissed off specially Black color. I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/Quixx-00070-US.../dp/B000UVUAFO

Once is done, few weeks later i couldn't even find the scratch myself.
I bought it in walmart and works really good.
me too, I bought it on amazon. It is really cheap, $11.99... really good with the result.

Old 09-04-2011, 02:42 AM

E55 AMG
So your doctors skateboard was chipped and you need to smoke weed to match the color without vandalizing the scratch in the material that the high tech device does or does not detect? Eeeeeeeee! Migraine.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I believe in the punk kid theory. I use to screw with cars all the time as punk kid throwing rocks breaking windows kicking antennas shooting bb guns at them egging etc. Luckily I have grown up since then. So I can see where the adults here would be judgmental, but I guess it's not too judgmental when it's true. I hate seeing threads like this now hopefully you can get it fixed cheap. I would just pay a body shop to fill/color sand it.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Sorry to hear about that man. I don't understand why these idiots mess with another persons car.
You should look into Dr. Colorchip, that thing works wonders.

Last edited by _AMG_; 09-04-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Damn, that sucks. I have no regard for the life of anyone who does sh** like this to other peoples stuff, or more so, other people. Hope you can get it resolved painlessly and cheaply.

BTW, my old W211 was Pewter, and I had the entire door, and surrounding portions of the front fender and rear door painted, and they matched it PERFECTLY. So, a 100% perfect match, even to a metallic Pewter, on a car that is not new, can very well be done.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by K-A
Damn, that sucks. I have no regard for the life of anyone who does sh** like this to other peoples stuff, or more so, other people. Hope you can get it resolved painlessly and cheaply.

BTW, my old W211 was Pewter, and I had the entire door, and surrounding portions of the front fender and rear door painted, and they matched it PERFECTLY. So, a 100% perfect match, even to a metallic Pewter, on a car that is not new, can very well be done.
I know it can be done...but it's a PITA.

I'm going to end up trying out that color chip stuff...I may as well deal with it.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
That SUUUUCKS. I am absolutely insane about where I park. Went to pick up a small table this weekend and I parked a solid 85 yards away from the nearest car in the lot. My girl looked at me like "not again" and I still hoofed that stupid table all the way back to my car. It's worth the walk.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM

2005 E55 AMG

First off, lol..... " 'weed' use amongst them" I mean really man? Most LEOs I've seen interact with skaters are usually asking them to leave private property and most skaters I know or have had run-ins with are for the most part polite and pretty respectful of other people.

Like dgkalis said, most skaters and I know quite a few, couldn't give a **** less about what car your driving. Other than being more cautious around more expensive performance cars because the owner might be some presumptuous douche who thinks hitting a car by accident while skating was really an intentional attack of jealousy...

Most "skaters" that don't have jobs and intentionally "unnice" cars as you describe are what everyone else calls "twelve year olds".

Off topic, but just wanted to get that in...
Old 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Various
Sorry to hear
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Angry CTS-V drivers!!! **** on 'em.