W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear doors getting hung up when opening.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Rear doors getting hung up when opening.

Anybody have this issue before? I may pull the handle a couple times... then finally the door opens only to get hung up on the latch. Both sides.... rear doors. It gets pretty annoying.

Could that be the handles??

thanks.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
if you have aftermarket door lock pins that have a slightly to large of a diameter or there is dirt gumming up the movement of the stock ones it will prevent them from raising all the way when the actuator tries to unlock the door. this will cause the exact problem you are describing where the door can be partially opened but then catches on the latch.

you can unscrew and remove the door lock pins and then try to open the doors to see if that is in fact the problem.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
My driver's side rear door just did this the other day. The pin was stuck in the down position and had to be forcefully pulled up. Stock lock pins too... Weird.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
if you have aftermarket door lock pins that have a slightly to large of a diameter or there is dirt gumming up the movement of the stock ones it will prevent them from raising all the way when the actuator tries to unlock the door. this will cause the exact problem you are describing where the door can be partially opened but then catches on the latch.

you can unscrew and remove the door lock pins and then try to open the doors to see if that is in fact the problem.
Thank you! I just checked. They are Brabas pins... And yes. If I took them off the doors worked perfectly. So I put them back on... And they are snug for the opening. I only screwed them down half way and the doors work good.

Thanks!!