Sponsored by:

Oil Leak from Passanger side of engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Oil Leak from Passanger side of engine

I was sitting at the bank drive through this morning and noticed a slight puff of smoke coming from my right front fender when I was sitting for about 15 minutes or so. I noticed when I last had the hood open a slight leak from the drivers side where the oil cap goes on, I am guessing the gasket for the tube for the cap has gone bad. It is a very slight leak and really did not concern me. When I got to work after seeing the smoke from the passanger fender I noticed that my passanger side plugs and coils have a lot of grim and oil residue built up on them. I also saw a good amount of fresh oil coming from the back of the valve cover. So I am 90% sure that I have a bad valve cover leak and need to get it taken care of ASAP. I am the service manager at a large Toyota store and have confindence that I can get one fo my techs to take care of a valve cover gasket as long as no special service tools are needed and nothing major has to come off in order to replace the gasket. It looks like it is just a gasket for the valve cover but I also saw a little bit of fibgi around the back side of the valve cover. Has anyone done the passanger valve cover before on their own? Does it take a gasket from the dealer and fibgi or is it just the gasket? I appreciate any input and hope that I can take care of this myself without having to take it in to my MB dealer. Thanks!

Nino
Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
very common for the gaskets to go on the valve covers on this model. Had both of my E have leaky valve cover gaskets replaced. Since both were under warranty, dealer covered it. Parts were gasket and rtv sealant.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by novae500
very common for the gaskets to go on the valve covers on this model. Had both of my E have leaky valve cover gaskets replaced. Since both were under warranty, dealer covered it. Parts were gasket and rtv sealant.
thanks! what part of NOVA are you in and what MB dealer do you use?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Here,
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...lug-wires.html
Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Originally Posted by Nino S
thanks! what part of NOVA are you in and what MB dealer do you use?
Nino S,

If you don't wish to tackle this job yourself, I suggest that you take your car to either Emile or Eddie at;

Benz Elite Automotive
4556 Eisenhower Ave
Alexandria, VA 22304
703-370-1221
http://benzeliteautomotive.com

They will take good care of you.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 PM

2005 E55 AMG
thanks for all your help guys. this forum is awesome when it comes to helping out other members unlike a couple Mustang forums I am on. I got a set of valve cover gaskets for $18 from my local MB dealer, the oil cap housing had a slight leak so I picked up the housing for $16 and I have a tech that came from a indy shop that is only going to charge me $150 in labor to do both valve covers with me helping clean up and hold the flash light haha. So less then $200 to have both my valve covers done, I cant complain!!!
I have heard of Benz Elite in alexandria, it is actuallly where my father has his CL55 AMG serviced and they just did all of his ABC shocks and struts, plugs/tunes up with great turn around time and pricing./ Emile is actually going to be the one that installs my pulley and heat exhanger with the new IC pump when I get it done this winter. I am noe just stuck as far as which size SC pulley to go with!! Thanks again guys!!!!