Sponsored by:

E63 rear axle leaking!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
E63 rear axle leaking!

Think it's time to replace, nearly 65k on the odo, and my rear left axle shaft wants to leak out some grease.

Wear and tear item, so my CPO warranty doesn't cover it, but it did cover my measly $200 idler pulley going out, isn't that how it always works out?

Anyways, dealer wants $1800 installed and all plus tax i'm guessing.

But I have a big question and I have tried searching, found that BS axles don't work due to size. But is there anything I can replace that's going to be a lot STRONGER than the OEM ones? I couldn't find anything aftermarket as well as my service tech.

I can do the service myself as I have access to a lift and a bunch of tools and a good friend who's a tech/mechanic. Is there anything that will fit? I'll be looking at info on all data soon. But I plan on keeping this car for a while, so I don't mind going to a better/stronger set up, as I do love to "enjoy" this car.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
I found a shop that my friend uses to repair boots, It's just the outer boot, but they will redo the outer and inner boot for a fraction of that.

And I really don't think that a 65k mile axle is going to be bad, isn't it pretty much solid nice metal? Just the boot is ripped flinging grease slightly.