Member R&D / Small Volume Product Sales

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Member R&D / Small Volume Product Sales

I think we are all aware of what happens when someone comes up with an idea, and makes it available to the community. They get disciplined / banned.

The purpose of the forum is to provide a location for enthusiast to discuss our passion. I understand vendor support, and realize it is required for the forum(s) to exist.

With that said, there should be some method for allowing normal members to share personal R&D and make available to the community- short runs of individually developed product.

It is a shame that community R&D cannot be made available, and more unfortunate that it cannot even be discussed.

It would be great if this forum could adopt a policy that allows individual development products to be offered without “Supporting Vendor” status. There are a few ways this might work:

· Option#1 -Members are allowed to discuss and market products on limited run basis (Less that 100 units)
· Option#2 -Members are allowed to discuss and market products on limited run basis (Small fee applies)
· Option#3 -Members are allowed to openly discuss individual R&D, as long as pricing / marketing is not performed in the public forum.

Personal R&D has resulted in a lot of great enhancements, and in some cases, have moved into the big leagues (TMC). I would ask the forum administrators to seriously consider finding a solution.

Although supporting vendors may see some competition, it brings more people into the forum, thus a larger addressable market. This is good business for all involved.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
please lets do this. but i dont think so it is going to happen
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by Bramage
I think we are all aware of what happens when someone comes up with an idea, and makes it available to the community. They get disciplined / banned.

The purpose of the forum is to provide a location for enthusiast to discuss our passion. I understand vendor support, and realize it is required for the forum(s) to exist.

With that said, there should be some method for allowing normal members to share personal R&D and make available to the community- short runs of individually developed product.

It is a shame that community R&D cannot be made available, and more unfortunate that it cannot even be discussed.

It would be great if this forum could adopt a policy that allows individual development products to be offered without “Supporting Vendor” status. There are a few ways this might work:

· Option#1 -Members are allowed to discuss and market products on limited run basis (Less that 100 units)
· Option#2 -Members are allowed to discuss and market products on limited run basis (Small fee applies)
· Option#3 -Members are allowed to openly discuss individual R&D, as long as pricing / marketing is not performed in the public forum.

Personal R&D has resulted in a lot of great enhancements, and in some cases, have moved into the big leagues (TMC). I would ask the forum administrators to seriously consider finding a solution.

Although supporting vendors may see some competition, it brings more people into the forum, thus a larger addressable market. This is good business for all involved.
Very reasonable. It should atleast be considered.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
If not, I am sure everyone could go to or start a new forum fairly easily.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
MB Junkies is really low key...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
In my pyrotechnic forum, when we want to "trade" things we just message our phone number or e-mail address to the member who may have an item of interest. Of course you would never respond to a new member because normally it is just a forum babysitter or angry sponsor trying to catch you. Or worse, it could be CPSC or ATF trying to bust a hobbyist.