Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Lowprofiles car is legit.

Not in the cards for me today. Bunch of 11.0x but couldnt pop my cherry.
Clayton - it was nice meeting you man, your car is sick fast. I wish mine was lighter. Time for me to get a TCU flash!

Does that make the car shift faster and run faster or does it just remove the torque limiter with no other performance benefit? I could only feel it happen on one run today, all the others I was able to get past 3rd gear.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Isaac,

Everyone was in awe to see an S65 go down the track!!! Bruce from TTM Motorsports was the one that helped you out. Bruce sure put the smackdown and got the new 10.59 record for E55!!!! Good seeing you and def will meet up and stay in touch.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
What an awesome event! Thank you Ahmad for putting this together.
Nova, hope your wife is ok from the accident.
Great bunch of guys at the track, everyone helping eachother out in our quest for lower ET's. Videos are coming this weekend.
E55 baller, that was Bruce coaching you.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
What a day....

Records and PBs were going down like my ***** of an ex-girlfriend on prom night.

My bests 11.0x were all early. Once a V12TT gets soaked, your day is done regardless of air temp and ice. I'm still thrilled, but would have loved to brought home a 10sec slip.

Bukasa's car is very quick, and his PB was set with 11.26, I believe.

Dodger's car? What's left to be said? It defies logic and after 40 passes, seemed to get stronger. It's unreal...

Lowprofile? Um....yeah....wow. Talk about break yo neck quick! How fun was THAT?!

Once again, thanks to Ahmad for setting it all up. We're very lucky out here to have the group that we have. For those that haven't been party to one of our MIR rentals, it really is a brotherhood. Had a blast guys. The wife wanted to go xmas shopping when I got home, but I was in a celebratory mood and decided to pop a cork instead. Had I brought home a 10 second slip, we'd have gotten the expensive stuff.

Cheers boys.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Originally Posted by Bramage
I suspect it was a 109 race tune, but no data to support that. I can not imagine a 10.5 pass on 93.. Thats pushing it. Ill let the group out there provide the details, I heard through my VERY close source this has occurred, and is a new E55 (non-nitrous) world record!!!!

In fact, it beats any nitrous record as well.... holy ****
i didnt see any nitrous on any Mercedes that were running today
Old 12-10-2011, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Some videos
E55amg rocket 11.4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iNj...TDjTyw&lf=plcp

benzorama 11.3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6x-S...w&feature=plcp

11.11 run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N42eA...TDjTyw&lf=plcp

dodger63 10.745
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRH1...TDjTyw&lf=plcp

10.69 Ahmad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESha...TDjTyw&lf=plcp
Old 12-10-2011, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
lowprofile 10.75 pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0zW...w&feature=plcp

E55baller S65 pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2RH...w&feature=plcp
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
As everyone said - great guys, great time, great TIMES

Here's my contribution (Since everyone else was breaking records I'm going with "Fastest E55 with headers, tune, 168 pulley and HE"

Old 12-10-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by motorkas

Here's my contribution (Since everyone else was breaking records I'm going with "Fastest E55 with headers, tune, 168 pulley and HE"

Great run!

I had fun yesterday... I got to witness some overall and personal records go down.

Clayton...was a freakin colonic away (assuming he already hasn't had that mod done yet) from a 10 second run....especially on that 11.02 hot lap run.

Bruce and Lowprofile were great to talk to and watch....man that E55 was loud... it sounded like a big block American V8.

Ahmad was his usual helpful self....always looking to help and turn a wrench.

Dodgers C63 runs as wicked as it sounds.

Overall a great day. Maybe we can get one more track rental in before it snows...and I grow a sack and do a run using launch control.

Tom
Old 12-10-2011, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let's see if this works....

GoPro outside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1g_f_gBA0

GoPro inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTeniBLqgCY
Old 12-10-2011, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e55 baller
Clayton - it was nice meeting you man, your car is sick fast. I wish mine was lighter. Time for me to get a TCU flash!

Does that make the car shift faster and run faster or does it just remove the torque limiter with no other performance benefit? I could only feel it happen on one run today, all the others I was able to get past 3rd gear.
TCU tune speeds up shifts and removes the tq limiters. Its an absolute must on any tuned V12, IMO
Old 12-10-2011, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
F-250
I was about to ask: Who the hell is B.B. on Drag Times with a 10.790?? Then it came to me.. DOH!!! (TTM FTW)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Great bunch of guys at the track, everyone helping eachother out in our quest for lower ET's. Videos are coming this weekend.
Bruce - thank you bro!! Without you I would have gone home with my head hung low. Your coaching got me down from literally 13.8 with 2.6 60-foots to 11.9 with a 1.85 60 foot with street tires with full pressure. I think had I had drag radials and one of you guys was driving a high 1.6x would have been possible for a 11.6-11.7. not bad for a fat stock nearly 3 ton pig!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
TCU tune speeds up shifts and removes the tq limiters. Its an absolute must on any tuned V12, IMO

good to know, i am going to get my TCU flashed and also put on my heat exchanger. Between the two hoping it nets me another 2 tenths.

I also found a cat less exhaust and bigger downpipes. the exhaust system adds 40 whp and costs 2.5K. So hopefully this spring the pig will run an 11.5.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Great vids. And Congrats to everone!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
Wish I could have made it out ... looks like you guys had a blast.

BT - I hope we're still getting together next week!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can't forget about Motorkas nasty E55. One year ago that car was running 12.4, on Friday he piloted that bad mama jamma to a personal best, and must be record for his mods, 11.26. That is flat out flying. I couldn't better his time in that car either. Just goes to show that he's a great pupil, and is no longer in need of my services.

Great job, BT. And thanks again for schlepping my DRs down for me, yet again. And another big to Ahmad for taking them home for me. I have my own personal pack mule crew.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
good to know, i am going to get my TCU flashed and also put on my heat exchanger. Between the two hoping it nets me another 2 tenths.

I also found a cat less exhaust and bigger downpipes. the exhaust system adds 40 whp and costs 2.5K. So hopefully this spring the pig will run an 11.5.
Call me bud, on the cat/DwnPipes/exhst system, ANY competent muffler shop can fab up 3" pipes all way back for under $1k out the door... NO kit needed... Your Shifts wont really speed up (as the TCU mod is really AMG speedshift, which u already have) more importantly ENDS TQ neutering between ALL shifts
Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
What a day....

Records and PBs were going down like my ***** of an ex-girlfriend on prom night.

My bests 11.0x were all early. Once a V12TT gets soaked, your day is done regardless of air temp and ice. I'm still thrilled, but would have loved to brought home a 10sec slip.

Dodger's car? What's left to be said? It defies logic and after 40 passes, seemed to get stronger. It's unreal...

Lowprofile? Um....yeah....wow. Talk about break yo neck quick! How fun was THAT?!

Once again, thanks to Ahmad for setting it all up. We're very lucky out here to have the group that we have. For those that haven't been party to one of our MIR rentals, it really is a brotherhood. Had a blast guys. The wife wanted to go xmas shopping when I got home, but I was in a celebratory mood and decided to pop a cork instead. Had I brought home a 10 second slip, we'd have gotten the expensive stuff.

Cheers boys.

@ least you didn't bring home Cold Duck (for the non-drinkers out their it's equivilent of $2-buck chuck wine)
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Call me bud, on the cat/DwnPipes/exhst system, ANY competent muffler shop can fab up 3" pipes all way back for under $1k out the door... NO kit needed... Your Shifts wont really speed up (as the TCU mod is really AMG speedshift, which u already have) more importantly ENDS TQ neutering between ALL shifts
That's a good point, it'll only speed up the 600 trans.

Originally Posted by Thericker
@ least you didn't bring home Cold Duck (for the non-drinkers out their it's equivilent of $2-buck chuck wine)
$13.99 Korbel FTW!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Hopefully we can put one of these together febuary. I've got a few more thinks to get sorted out but i know the cars got the power to make it into the 10 second club and Ahmad can attest to it lol.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I have had several requests to put together another rental this year. I will be keeping an eye on the weather and if the stars align I will be doing a last second single lane rental (only cars with drag radials and slicks please) by private invite. So if you want to be informed about it let me know. If I don't have your cell # please pm it to me. Hopefully we can get one in but the weather will have to play nice for us.

Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Congrats to all what awesome times. You guys truly deserve it!!! For those who don't know, there were guys that made a 5hr trip in search of breaking records. MIR is not exactly in everyones backyard. I'm happy for all. Hope to see some celebratory pics and videos of the day. I think this event has only made it impossible to pass up the next. Mods.....What a sickness....
My drive is only about 2 hours give or take depnding on traffic but man do I hate it! lol, But it was worth it. I don't know where you are located but you should definitely come next time.
Originally Posted by novae500
Great day of runs and PBs, meeting new people, putting faces with members on here. I did get a several vids of dodger and lowprofiles runs, but not their BEST TIME. Left early, since wife called and said the E55 got rear ended while stopped at a red light by a tahoe.
Man when you told me that your car got rear ended I felt bad. Hopefully insurance takes care of it and its back better than ever.
One more record was shattered...well not really but kind of. There are ZERO times for the W221 S65 AMG (2007+)in dragtimes other than the 12.4@118 from the magazines back in Dec 2006.

I was able to muster a 11.97@117.17 with a 1.85 60 foot on crappy street tires at 30psi and with dyno mode on. I had to really ease into it otherwise my 60 foots where 2.2-2.4 sec.

I kept hitting what I believe was the torque limiter as sometimes the car would not come out of 3rd at the 1/8 mi mark and i was stuck at 75mph...the car would go into limp mode and i would have to restart it.

I also measured the IATs and while it was 47 degrees out when I staged I was at 90F for IATs and when I crossed the 1/4 mile mark the IATs were fricken 204F! So there you have it...a cooling problem, whats new??!!

Also this fat pig with a full tank of gas and me in it tipped the scales at 5,602 lbs. Thank you Ahmad for the helmet and for the dude that coached me down from a 2.4 60-foot to a 1.85 -- I don't believe I ever caught your name but thank you!!!!
Congrats!!! 11s on street tires is in a land yacht is very impressive And no problem on the helmet, any time.
No problem. Glad you could make it and congrats again
What a day....

Cheers boys.
Well put! Congrats again on those times and I'm sure you will be cracking tens in no time without even making any changes. Just swapping wheels/tires will have you running solid tens. Great driving as always! And I agree with everything you said.
Originally Posted by motorkas

Awesome runs! Told ya you would get it into the 11.2s, 11.1s are next! Or maybe just skip it and go straight to tens with skinnies!
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Great run!

I had fun yesterday... I got to witness some overall and personal records go down.

Clayton...was a freakin colonic away (assuming he already hasn't had that mod done yet) from a 10 second run....especially on that 11.02 hot lap run.

Bruce and Lowprofile were great to talk to and watch....man that E55 was loud... it sounded like a big block American V8.

Ahmad was his usual helpful self....always looking to help and turn a wrench.

Dodgers C63 runs as wicked as it sounds.

Overall a great day. Maybe we can get one more track rental in before it snows...and I grow a sack and do a run using launch control.

Tom
Your car was running great! Those GTRs are so quick with minimal mods! Good seeing you and thanks for coming. Yea I'm going to try to get onemore in but it will be short notice and I know it will be difficult for people to make it but its the only way to guarantee the weather
Great job, BT. And thanks again for schlepping my DRs down for me, yet again. And another big to Ahmad for taking them home for me. I have my own personal pack mule crew.
Lol no problem. I had a punding headache that night from the tire smell after all the burnouts lol
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Hopefully we can put one of these together febuary. I've got a few more thinks to get sorted out but i know the cars got the power to make it into the 10 second club and Ahmad can attest to it lol.
Maybe even sooner! Yea once you get it sorted it out it has tens written all over it! Usually in an automatic car with drag radials once you get traction in first you are fine. So it surprised the crap out of me when I hit second gear in your car and lit up the tires so hard!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Can't forget about Motorkas nasty E55. One year ago that car was running 12.4, on Friday he piloted that bad mama jamma to a personal best, and must be record for his mods, 11.26. That is flat out flying. I couldn't better his time in that car either. Just goes to show that he's a great pupil, and is no longer in need of my services.

BT
With your mods, that car is moving!!!! Credit has to go to the driver too!!! Funny that me/e55baller ran into you in Tysons heading home from MIR.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
Thumbs up

Anyone who is on the fence, please take my word, "make the trip!"

Everyone who attend the last event was a stand up guy. Great track, populated by awesome people= win !!!

On a quick side note, Saturday morning I wake up like a 12 yr old kid on X-mas morning, ready to marvel at his new toys. My wife was already up with our girls, relaxing in the kitchen and she has the slips in her hand. I look at her and smile, and she sends a big smile back. My girls have now run over, trying to climb up my legs. Her first comment of the day, "you do realize that the car is titled in my name???" Me, "uhh".(with my smile turning into a smirk) Her, "I now have the record and I did it while I was out shopping...how's that for multitasking?"

Damn it....she got me yet AGAIN !!!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Anyone who is on the fence, please take my word, "make the trip!"

Everyone who attend the last event was a stand up guy. Great track, populated by awesome people= win !!!

On a quick side note, Saturday morning I wake up like a 12 yr old kid on X-mas morning, ready to marvel at his new toys. My wife was already up with our girls, relaxing in the kitchen and she has the slips in her hand. I look at her and smile, and she sends a big smile back. My girls have now run over, trying to climb up my legs. Her first comment of the day, "you do realize that the car is titled in my name???" Me, "uhh".(with my smile turning into a smirk) Her, "I now have the record and I did it while I was out shopping...how's that for multitasking?"

Damn it....she got me yet AGAIN !!!
Nice one BK, my wife hates my car as it takes away from "our time" together. When I mention going to the track or racing, I get the same reaction as if I was planning a guys only trip to Vegas

On friday I spent the time sanding and spraying my intake boxes and engine bay cover, she came out and saw the red dust from the offspray on the garage floor. Immediate bad mood there, and when I asked if she wanted to see the end result, it was greated with, not now busy cleaning the house. That dust just sweeps right up but the deed was already done, lol.

It is nice to have support from your significant other, no doubt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental 12/9/11