Sponsored by:

Calling all E55's in Charlotte and surrounding areas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 SL65 AMG, 2014 E350, 2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by AWH3
Any Charlotte / Lake Norman area E55 / E63 guys want to meet up this weekend (Saturday Dec 28th)? Would be great to see other AMGs and talk mods, performance, maintenance, and where the Highway Patrolmen like to hide on I-77

Adrian
I hate I just saw this, but my wife and I have been sharing some sort of virus for the past week, I'm hoping to soon be over this fever crap...
Old 12-29-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
does this event still take place?
sounds fun and it's close by to me
Yeah, and that weekend has grown to be a huge thing over the past few years... I just sold my 350Z a few weeks ago to make way for my E55
Old 12-29-2013, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I'm down for a meetup anytime!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 PM

Black 2005 E55
In need of a AMG experienced Indie in the Lake Norman area

Gentlemen,
I have had some unfortunate luck with finding a quality AMG experienced independent shop in the Lake Norman area. My E55 is not modded, other than an OE Tune, but what basic maintenance I have had done has resulted in other random issues resulting in the dreaded Check Engine light. Any suggestions would be helpful for some Lake Norman/Charlotte garage options.
Thanks!
Adrian
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55, 2010 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Gentlemen,
I have had some unfortunate luck with finding a quality AMG experienced independent shop in the Lake Norman area. My E55 is not modded, other than an OE Tune, but what basic maintenance I have had done has resulted in other random issues resulting in the dreaded Check Engine light. Any suggestions would be helpful for some Lake Norman/Charlotte garage options.
Thanks!
Adrian
I normally handle most of my issues with my car. I've recently purchased the Star C4, so I can read all of the computers. What is the code on your cel? I've also taken my car to eurowise. They are in Charlotte off Old Pineville rd.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 PM

Black 2005 E55
Originally Posted by WHIRLINFIST
I normally handle most of my issues with my car. I've recently purchased the Star C4, so I can read all of the computers. What is the code on your cel? I've also taken my car to eurowise. They are in Charlotte off Old Pineville rd.
Thanks Whirlin... Coincidentally, I ordered the DashCommand app along with the KIWI 2 OBD2 reader to help troubleshoot. I have had one hell of a time with my valve cover gaskets. Initially took my ride to a MB shop in Hickory that came recommended by several people and had vacuum leaks as a result and had to take it back to them because the valves were leaking 2 weeks later. I'm not sure they familiar with the E55 specifications for bolt torque, etc. So I get my ride back today and just as before, the check CEL comes back on... has to be the exact same thing and that is after I had explained to them in detail what they needed to look out for during the repair work.
Thanks for the heads up on the Eurowise shop, good to know they are there, but ideally hoping there are some closer options.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 AM

Thanks Whirlin... Coincidentally, I ordered the DashCommand app along with the KIWI 2 OBD2 reader to help troubleshoot. I have had one hell of a time with my valve cover gaskets. Initially took my ride to a MB shop in Hickory that came recommended by several people and had vacuum leaks as a result and had to take it back to them because the valves were leaking 2 weeks later. I'm not sure they familiar with the E55 specifications for bolt torque, etc. So I get my ride back today and just as before, the check CEL comes back on... has to be the exact same thing and that is after I had explained to them in detail what they needed to look out for during the repair work.
Thanks for the heads up on the Eurowise shop, good to know they are there, but ideally hoping there are some closer options.
I just changed my valve cover gaskets too. I did it myself and had a vaccuum leak. I could not find the leak to save my life. I kept going back and quadrople checking things. I would spray brake cleaner everywhere. I did it one last time and sprayed it at my injectors. 3 of my injectors had lost their o-ring gaskets. Got some from mercdes, installed them and she purred like a kitten. Check metal hose that is on the driver side of the supercharger. It connects in the rear almost on the bottom side. That hose gets left out sometimes and will cause vaccuum leak and cel. I probably could help you out, but I live in Fort Mill.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 AM

You might try Taylor Sport and Import in Mooresville, NC. I pass it everyday on my way to work and I've seen some AMG's parked in front of there before, although I haven't tried them out myself. I haven't had my '06 E55 for very long... I think they have an AWD dyno in there too.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:10 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Andrew @ Neighborhood Garage in Charlotte is my go to guy. He will take care of anything you need and do so at a very reasonable price. Highly Recommended, check out their reviews on yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/neighborhood...te?nb=1http://

They also have FREE estimates....nobody offers that anymore.

Second choice would be MB Mercedes in Huntersville...talk to Tony.

Last edited by tiremanstick; 01-28-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Just a quick question...does anyone know of any shop/person that will do the STAR lowering? Or if anyone has any recommendations for getting that done I'd appreciate it.

I had a wacky problem last weekend where I got the "Display Faulty - Visit Workshop" error and half of the instrument cluster didn't work, along with turn signals, windows, or Keyless Go. After driving it for about 30 minutes and coming back to it later in the afternoon, the problem went away and hasn't happened again since. I'd like to get it plugged in to star diagnostic to see what it may have been, but don't want to go to the dealer for that kind of price shock just yet. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by tiremanstick
Andrew @ Neighborhood Garage in Charlotte is my go to guy. He will take care of anything you need and do so at a very reasonable price. Highly Recommended, check out their reviews on yelp. http://www.yelp.com/biz/neighborhood...te?nb=1http://

They also have FREE estimates....nobody offers that anymore.

Second choice would be MB Mercedes in Huntersville...talk to Tony.
I'll have to check out the place in Huntersville...guess I should have fully read your post before posting mine above
Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by wes459
Just a quick question...does anyone know of any shop/person that will do the STAR lowering? Or if anyone has any recommendations for getting that done I'd appreciate it.

I had a wacky problem last weekend where I got the "Display Faulty - Visit Workshop" error and half of the instrument cluster didn't work, along with turn signals, windows, or Keyless Go. After driving it for about 30 minutes and coming back to it later in the afternoon, the problem went away and hasn't happened again since. I'd like to get it plugged in to star diagnostic to see what it may have been, but don't want to go to the dealer for that kind of price shock just yet. Thanks!
I have a star c4. You should probably check your battery. Our cars will do some weird stuff when the battery is low
Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by WHIRLINFIST
I have a star c4. You should probably check your battery. Our cars will do some weird stuff when the battery is low
Cool, I'll have to check the voltage on both. May I ask where you got your star from? I looked online yesterday (amazon and everyone's favorite auction site) but don't know whether I should trust some of the vendors or not.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Black 2005 E55
Wes -

MB in Huntersville is a solid shop. They fixed a EVAP issues on my E55. I dont think they have STAR, but their techs (Big john and JP) are AMG savvy. Tony is the owner and a good guy. Good luck. Post back and let us know how it worked out. I'm always interested in gathering feedback from service centers. Personally, I am still a little skeptical about the level of AMG expertise in the CLT market. Our cars are built like a tank and on the very popular M113 engine platform, but the AMG custom nuances and low tolerances makes me nervous when I have to take it into the shop.
Good luck, Wes.

Last edited by AWH3; 04-04-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-07-2014, 11:14 AM

Thanks, and good to know!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM

Figured I would update you guys on my progress since I was out in AZ over the summer. I replaced my air pump, and finally went for the Eurocharged Stage 1 kit and BWK and couldn't be happier! I was very fortunate to have the help from Denroll and Thunderclap while out there, without them I wouldn't have done any of the work.

I replaced my voltage regulator last night after some weird issues on the drive home, and hopefully that takes care of it.

I want to see what the car will run on the 1/4 mile, but does anyone know if Zmax does test and tune nights anymore? Otherwise I'll just have to run the 1/8th mile here in Mooresville.

Cheers!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:45 PM

Black 2005 E55
I think ZMax has closed it's TnT for the summer. Mooresville is always an option. Glad to you made it back to NC. Let me know if you head out to Mooresville, would be nice to meet other E55 enthusiasts, regardless of the event. I live in Mooresville, so it's easy for me. Adrian
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 PM

Yeah Zmax didn't do too much this year. I'm planning on going to Rockingham November 9th to the strip there. It's 1 1/2 hour away, but they have the quarter mile. Let me know if you wanna roll down.