W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why people some times end up getting hurt!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Unbelievable, my favorite wheels.
IF you do find who did it, make them collect their knocked out teeth with broken arms. No sympathy. Glad your insurance paid off, maybe a few bucks more than the wheels were worth..
I had very expensive wheels on my evo and had tilt sensors installed on each wheel with the compustar alarm, if car got raised more than 3 degrees, I had the alarm plus 2 airhorns go off. Something to consider?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
IF you do find who did it, make them collect their knocked out teeth with broken arms. No sympathy. Glad your insurance paid off, maybe a few bucks more than the wheels were worth..
I had very expensive wheels on my evo and had tilt sensors installed on each wheel with the compustar alarm, if car got raised more than 3 degrees, I had the alarm plus 2 airhorns go off. Something to consider?
That sounds interesting.....link?

P.S. Where is a good place to get wheel locks?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E63

Holy wake ups!!! That must be amazing to see the thirds face when it goes off lol
Definitely considering, and if you can guide us to the right place for the parts
Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Gus83
Holy wake ups!!! That must be amazing to see the thirds face when it goes off lol
Definitely considering, and if you can guide us to the right place for the parts
Talk to an alarm shop, if they don't know what you're talking about, they're not worth of your business lol. You certainly sleep better at night with those sensors in..(car parked across from me at the condominium had its wheels stolen, mine were untouched..then another a few spots down several weeks later).
Those airhorns were nothing compared to the train horns I have in the E. Got a giant airtank behind my JL setup in the trunk, compressor and all there too. Wakes up people in the tunnel very well

I love those CV3's...make sure you get another set. If we didnt have a pothole every 5 feet I'd be rocking them too. My 20's lasted 9days here.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM

2009 E63
Talk to an alarm shop, if they don't know what you're talking about, they're not worth of your business lol. You certainly sleep better at night with those sensors in..(car parked across from me at the condominium had its wheels stolen, mine were untouched..then another a few spots down several weeks later).
Those airhorns were nothing compared to the train horns I have in the E. Got a giant airtank behind my JL setup in the trunk, compressor and all there too. Wakes up people in the tunnel very well

I love those CV3's...make sure you get another set. If we didnt have a pothole every 5 feet I'd be rocking them too. My 20's lasted 9days here.

OMG!!! train horns!!!

that is epic!!!
i will definitely do the talk to the alarm shop i know, and im sure they will know what im asking for as they are one of the big companies down here.
thanks for the info.

PS: we will see what i can work out with VOSSEN again, im sure that something will happen, i love the wheels and love to brag about them
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Use punks like this to contribute something to the rest of society with medical experiments. Leave the innocent monkeys alone, use crooks!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Had the same experience with a Vette I owned. Came out in the morning and it was sitting on blocks not 20 feet from my bedroom window.

Hope you get some justice.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Where is Batman when you need him
Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Damn bro, no need to tell you how bad this sucks but post up a pic or two so we know what we are looking for
Old 12-01-2011, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I posted this in the other wheel stolen thread by mistake. It was meant for you Gus.

Glad you got paid. Still keeping fingers crossed for no undercarriage damage.....bumper from tow/drag cable etc. Check your exhaust tips as well. Had to make contact with it being that low.

Keep us updated and glad to hear things are doing better for you. You were the talk of the family yesterday with the highlight of me yelling "They towed his flipping car....can you believe that!!???"

My kids even asked how you were doing this AM

What a day!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM

2009 E63
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Damn bro, no need to tell you how bad this sucks but post up a pic or two so we know what we are looking for

thats easy, even tho everyone here knows how my car looked like

before

after

Old 12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Those are stone pavers, look like they're from someone's pathway to/from their door. I'd stake out whoever you think did this.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:46 PM

2009 E63
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I posted this in the other wheel stolen thread by mistake. It was meant for you Gus.

Glad you got paid. Still keeping fingers crossed for no undercarriage damage.....bumper from tow/drag cable etc. Check your exhaust tips as well. Had to make contact with it being that low.

Keep us updated and glad to hear things are doing better for you. You were the talk of the family yesterday with the highlight of me yelling "They towed his flipping car....can you believe that!!???"

My kids even asked how you were doing this AM

What a day!

oh man thanks for keeping me in the fam

well today the car was checked and all they found was 4 panels under the car that will be replace by the insurance, most likely caused by the thiefs and then by the towing, other then that rotors, links and suspension parts seem to be fine, you know the dealer would try to get something out of it if they could so i know that the parts are fine.

definitely was a heck of a day and i was exhausted but i could not let that stop me, still went to the gym and carry on with what i had to do.

all i need to do now is do a major clean up of the car and get some wheels back on it, but definitely will keep everyone posted as the days go by.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:49 PM

2009 E63
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Those are stone pavers, look like they're from someone's pathway to/from their door. I'd stake out whoever you think did this.

thats exactly what we deducted and what we are doing, if is not a hate job, it was just people that were out there to do harm to others
Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
Gus,

Dude-- this sucks. I've been away from the site for a few days and was SHOCKED to see the photos. I've literally being sitting here reading, feeling sick trying to get through all the posts before responding.

As you know, I have the exact same rims. The nightmare that you are living is the nightmare that I have experienced every night since I brought the car home with the new rims two weeks ago. The CV3s get noticed - by everyone. I'm sure that you are right that someone was following you for awhile, waiting for their shot.

Looking at the job they did, do you think wheel locks would have stopped them? That looks like a job of a professional criminal (and more than one of them, at that). I don't know if locks would have stopped them or slowed them down.

Thinking about it from this perspective, it's probably a good idea that you didn't happen upon them while they were doing this. I think I would have gone Wayne Brady on whoever it was and tried to choke a b*tch. But in the end, it's your safety that's most important. The wheels will be replaced -- I understand the inconvenience and violation associated with this.

Keep your head up! New CV3s are on the way.

Marc
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Gus
We missed you at the track yesterday. Elliot an I had a blast. Get rims on that car so we can go next week.
Ive got my feelers out for your rims. I must have texted like 10 wheel shop owners your story.

Secondly on the towing, if its a community, by state law a representative of the community has to authorize the tow. A tow truck cannot come onto private property and start towing. They have to directed by a condo representative. Find out who signed off on it and why? Then ask why a warning sticker was not put on your car? Failing that take them to small claims court.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
It's wrong what they did but I'm glad to hear that insurance is covering the damage and loss. These mfs should die..yes die! They will be committing violent crimes in no time anyway. I don't think it was a hate crime though, because if it were your car would have been sitting on the ground and not on pavers.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Ouch. Sorry to see that man. At least they didn't smash out windows etc. Hope you get fully reimbursed and find those ****ers. Good luck.

Aaron
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
When you get new rims back on......PARK IT IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT......and time to do a secret camp out in the parking lot with Mr 9mm and a couple of his friends.

So sorry buddy!!
^ this...

I assume there are a coupe of guys. Shoot one in the head, the other in the *****. The guy that lives will tell his freinds, and the crime wave will stop in that neighborhood.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:32 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Gus83
Hey perry I was on miramar and Douglas rd
ok..my sister lives in miramar...ill be looking...
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
So this is how you get your calipers looking so clean

Kidding.. Hopefully they wrote you a nice big check
Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by djrabbi
That sounds interesting.....link?

P.S. Where is a good place to get wheel locks?
from these guys: http://rimloxinc.com/ tell them i sent you
Old 12-02-2011, 03:12 AM

2007 E63, 2007 BMW 335i Coupe & 1991 Honda Accord
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Gus
We missed you at the track yesterday. Elliot an I had a blast. Get rims on that car so we can go next week.
Ive got my feelers out for your rims. I must have texted like 10 wheel shop owners your story.

Secondly on the towing, if its a community, by state law a representative of the community has to authorize the tow. A tow truck cannot come onto private property and start towing. They have to directed by a condo representative. Find out who signed off on it and why? Then ask why a warning sticker was not put on your car? Failing that take them to small claims court.
The complex management was flat out wrong and inconsiderate. They towed because they wanted to hide any evidence of what could be perceived as a security problem. I doubt they would have towed if you left your car there with a flat tire. Are there businesses in the area and if so, could any of them have had cameras rolling? I am still very upset over what you had to go through.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
from these guys: http://rimloxinc.com/ tell them i sent you
This I must have...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:10 PM

2004 E55
Every set of wheels that I put on, I type this out in 9 point font, then put tape on both sides so it doesn't get damaged, or I supposed you could laminate it....

I put this inside each tire/wheel when they are mounting/balancing them.

My name is......My cell phone number is....If you are reading this right now, these wheels may be stolen. Please call the police immediately. I will personally give you 500.00 in cash for getting these back to me.

It doesn't cost anything, and it proves you are the owner in the event of having to prove they are yours and not some degenerate douchenozzle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: This is why people some times end up getting hurt!