W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW HERE - where to start with mods? Is there power loss with primary delete?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55
NEW HERE - where to start with mods? Is there power loss with primary delete?

Hi all,
Just picked up my black 06 E55 - LOVE THIS CAR already.

I want to begin with some modding, and from what I've read as a guest, it seems headers is a perfect place to start (after cooling mods), followed by a slightly bigger pulley and a tune to bring it together.

Had some questions:

1) Do you lose a significant amount of torque deleting the primaries? How about doing shortys and keeping stock cats?

2) Does anybody have Kleemanns? Do you have to delete the primaries in order to install? Or can you just do the headers with the stock primaries?

3) How about adding a pulley? Does this bring back the torque loss from down low that you originally lose from the headers?

Any advice would be appreciated...GREAT FORUM GUYS!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
2006 E55
There will be a loss of low end torque with aftermarket headers if you delete the primaries.

If I'm not mistaken, there's an option with the Kleemann either to get rid of the your primaries and replace with their downpipes or install their header and keep your factory primaries in place.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I just received my Kleemann headers and the downpipes are included, and I've been debating on whether I want to get rid of my primaries or not - the main reason being that I don't want to sacrifice that low end torque loss. Granted, that is made up mid-range and up top, but nobody wants a loss! If you delete your primaries and get the Klees, make sure you send your ECU to Cory so he can take care of your tuning.

Also, you could always throw a larger pulley and get a tune, then all that loss goes away anyway
Old 12-05-2011, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Originally Posted by ArmoE55
There will be a loss of low end torque with aftermarket headers if you delete the primaries.

If I'm not mistaken, there's an option with the Kleemann either to get rid of the your primaries and replace with their downpipes or install their header and keep your factory primaries in place.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I just received my Kleemann headers and the downpipes are included, and I've been debating on whether I want to get rid of my primaries or not - the main reason being that I don't want to sacrifice that low end torque loss. Granted, that is made up mid-range and up top, but nobody wants a loss! If you delete your primaries and get the Klees, make sure you send your ECU to Cory so he can take care of your tuning.

Also, you could always throw a larger pulley and get a tune, then all that loss goes away anyway
This. . .
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTS-V 2013 Wagon
Great post after using the search function. You should fit in nicely on this forum.
Congrats on the car. Post photos when you get a chance.
Thanks,
Warren
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
Awesome info.....

thanks guys