My E55 got rear ended. Whats the damage $$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
CAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R500
Originally Posted by BBBSS
I just try to make sure people know their options and what to expect as I've heard about plenty of people that have ended up on the losing end of a situation involving a car accident. hanging around a bunch of car enthusiasts all the time I see and hear of many stories both good and bad. I wish there were more insurance guys that try to be as open and honest as you have been on here.
Thanks, I really appreciate that.

To the OP, sounds like you got a decent adjuster, hope your repairs turn out great and exceed your expectations.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I quote quotes from several shops for 3-3.5k to just fix a dent in my rear door. Your damage will probably cost much more.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
mchapparone- thanks for your personal experience regarding my whole situation. Looks like i found a good shop and seems honest. Family owned and operated 26yrs in the area. They do alot of high end cars as well as the regular ones. In the lot pulling in saw a murcielago, aston, several lexus, mbs, bimmers, muscle cars.

Rest of the guys- thanks for the support. Next is dealing with my wife's injuries and the next steps to take to get her back to pre accident health.

To lighten the mood, it was funny to see my rear end blue taped on the sides to hold down the trunk, with pink twine wrapped a couple times to tie the lid down to the locking mechanis/latch. Passed two homeland SUV K9s near the airport on the way to the bodyshop and they had the look like WTF.

Last edited by novae500; 12-15-2011 at 07:05 PM.