W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Managed to get pulled over twice in 3 days..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
Exact reason why I cannot stand bacon, they are just an annoyance to me. I let them know it, no yes sir, thanks sir, kiss my fanboy *** sir.

Give them as little respect as possible without getting getting arrested or written up for aggressive behavoir. Effing douches, sorry Dima, but someone has to pay for their salary and it just happens to be the lucky tax payer
I'm the complete polar opposite of you, when I get pulled over. Even if I believe I've done nothing wrong, I'm over the top respectful. Usually works for me and 99% of time, I deserved to pulled over. I believe the officer decides if you're getting a ticket, within the first 30 seconds of speaking to you.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
I have only got two speeding tickets since 1995, so most of the time I get pulled over it is for cosmetic or profiling, so it is BS. I will keep quiet for the 1st minute Clayton, but it never helps.

If they pull you over for something other than speeding, you will get a ticket from my experience.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Exact reason why I cannot stand bacon, they are just an annoyance to me. I let them know it, no yes sir, thanks sir, kiss my fanboy *** sir.

Give them as little respect as possible without getting getting arrested or written up for aggressive behavoir. Effing douches, sorry Dima, but someone has to pay for their salary and it just happens to be the lucky tax payer
that is such ....
I'm sure you feel that way, UNTIL you need help from one
Old 01-24-2012, 07:59 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
I'm the complete polar opposite of you, when I get pulled over. Even if I believe I've done nothing wrong, I'm over the top respectful. Usually works for me and 99% of time, I deserved to pulled over. I believe the officer decides if you're getting a ticket, within the first 30 seconds of speaking to you.
more like 20 seconds......
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I have only got two speeding tickets since 1995, so most of the time I get pulled over it is for cosmetic or profiling, so it is BS. I will keep quiet for the 1st minute Clayton, but it never helps.

If they pull you over for something other than speeding, you will get a ticket from my experience.
I suppose everyone's got their own method of dealing with a traffic stop.

Another thing I do, is take a completely physical defensive position. I'll roll down all windows, place my wrists on the steering wheel with my palms facing up, and keep my seatbelt on. I'll even go as far sometimes, as taking the keys out of the car, (or out of my pocket if it's a keyless-go car) and placing them on the roof of the car.

I know only a few State Troopers and they all say the same thing. "Would you want to walk up to a car, by yourself, at night, that's got tint so dark you can't see inside of it"? Makes sense when they put it that way. I always try to make the officer feel as safe and in-charge as possible. You'd be surprised of the things that I should've gotten a ticket for, or even arrested for, but didn't. I'm embarrassed to say it all here, but suffice to say, it wasn't my prouder moments. Of course, I was much younger then....

Many of these police officers are car guys, at the core. I've had more than a few chat me up about the car I'm driving, after the initial stop.

But sure, some of them are going to do, what they're going to do regardless of how you act. I can honestly say, that I've never gotten a ticket I didn't deserve, legally. Sure he could've let me slide, but looking at the big picture, I've gotten away with WAY more stuff, than I didn't.

YMMV
Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab

Ignorant comments like these
make me hope you DON'T come to Timmayfest.

Dima, those are cheap tickets, but then again it is the law.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
Cigar masters sometime?
I'm a member over at Stanzi

Many of these police officers are car guys, at the core. I've had more than a few chat me up about the car I'm driving, after the stop
that's how my sig pic happened. Me and the silver car were in a photoshoot near Fort Devens on a back country road when a trooper rolled through. After we spoke to him a bit he started blocking traffic for us!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
Ignorant comments like these
make me hope you DON'T come to Timmayfest.

Dima, those are cheap tickets, but then again it is the law.
We are coming alright

I could careless what some people think or their opinions are on the subject, that is just my take on it On a side note, not everyone is coming to TimmayFest to see you homey
Old 01-24-2012, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I hope you don't act and drive like you talk when your here. Actually I hope you do, and you will get to see Ohios finest and their finest facilities. LOL
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Sheet, I hate the feeling of expecting to get pulled. Makes me want to drive the beast less :/ but again don't want to change anything about it.. Tough tough

I wish the cops around here calmed the f down about stupid stuff. I have a lot of respect for cops and they are there if I or my family will need them. But I CAN'T stand the ones that go after stupid car stuff and religiously write tickets. Go to the hood and do some real work.

Next time I get asked for my license, I'm going to respond with "what license?"..let's see how that's gonna go.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Dimon
Sheet, I hate the feeling of expecting to get pulled. Makes me want to drive the beast less :/ but again don't want to change anything about it.. Tough tough

I wish the cops around here calmed the f down about stupid stuff. I have a lot of respect for cops and they are there if I or my family will need them. But I CAN'T stand the ones that go after stupid car stuff and religiously write tickets. Go to the hood and do some real work.

Next time I get asked for my license, I'm going to respond with "what license?"..let's see how that's gonna go.
Every field has its aholez, but that last comment problem won't help with any of them.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy

I agree, sometimes your just asking for it that's your own stupidity.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Every field has its aholez, but that last comment problem won't help with any of them.
In high hopes that it'd make them smile, but would probably land me a night in the big house

Originally Posted by tbal
Yea, sometimes you gotta suck up your pride with those guys and be real nice and respectful, I think they thrive on that 'ish.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
About 90% of the time, the local PD is cool, but there is that 10% where I am sure they are on a power trip. CHPs seem to be pretty cool and level headed about BS tickets (plates, tints, etc)

I did have a very cool PD pull me over once... He thought Keyless Go was the coolest thing in the world.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haters crazy

Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 PM

2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
I've been stopped more times in 50 years of driving hot rods than I can begin to remember. Sometimes I deserved it, other times the cops were just being a--holes like usual. I never react or answer questions and I'm always polite. Remember, when you're pulled over, the cop is not your friend. It's his job to get you to talk and incriminate yourself. Sometimes I got the ticket...sometimes I didn't.

My worse brain fart took place on I-95 in Florida where I got caught by the airplane headed south to Lauderdale and then got another ticket later that day heading home by the same plane and the same officer. Needless to say, he was not amused and failed to see the humor in the situation.

Btw, I beat both those tickets in court.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
So I wake up this morning and read this thread while drinking my morning coffee reminiscing about my run-ins w/ the law...

So I drive to work this morning and pull up to a intersection. Need to make a left so I get into the left turn lane waiting for oncoming traffic to pass before making my turn. Of course there is a cop stopped at the signal about to head in the same direction as I am. So the oncoming cars pass and I make a left and drive on all while checking my rear view mirror. The light is still red for the cop and I get about 2 blocks away with no cop in sight. Then I hear the sirens and lights blazing again 2 blocks behind me. Start thinking about this stinking post as the cop gets closer and closer. I pull over to the right like a good citizen to allow the cop to pass and he zooms past me...

Again thinking about this stinking post, as grateful as I am for the services the fine men in blue do, I still can't stand them...

No flames please...
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I've definitely had my share of run-ins with "Catch-Em". Most recently Nov 2010, that ticket cost me $1250, including a lawyer, advance & defensive driving courses, (2) speedometer calibrations and a trip to see the judge along with 5 points.

Last edited by Yuille36; 01-24-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
For the times that I have been ticketed for speeding, cant dispute it and pay the fine. Few times got let off with warning, other times, mph reduced by 10. But thousands of times that i did speed and didnt get caught, priceless.

But the one time going 132mph in my 20s, was heartstopping outrunning the Statie on 95 and last second exiting, hiding behind a gas station (1/2 mile from exit) for 30min before deciding to get back on the on ramp for 95. Figured the Statie was waiting for me to get back onto 95 and get me then.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
It's all in the greeting and the first 5 seconds of interaction. Your Face/Your Clothes. Your making a sale to the officer as to why he shouldn't **** you.

I suppose everyone's got their own method of dealing with a traffic stop.

Another thing I do, is take a completely physical defensive position. I'll roll down all windows, place my wrists on the steering wheel with my palms facing up, and keep my seatbelt on. I'll even go as far sometimes, as taking the keys out of the car, (or out of my pocket if it's a keyless-go car) and placing them on the roof of the car.

I know only a few State Troopers and they all say the same thing. "Would you want to walk up to a car, by yourself, at night, that's got tint so dark you can't see inside of it"? Makes sense when they put it that way. I always try to make the officer feel as safe and in-charge as possible. You'd be surprised of the things that I should've gotten a ticket for, or even arrested for, but didn't. I'm embarrassed to say it all here, but suffice to say, it wasn't my prouder moments. Of course, I was much younger then....

Many of these police officers are car guys, at the core. I've had more than a few chat me up about the car I'm driving, after the initial stop.

But sure, some of them are going to do, what they're going to do regardless of how you act. I can honestly say, that I've never gotten a ticket I didn't deserve, legally. Sure he could've let me slide, but looking at the big picture, I've gotten away with WAY more stuff, than I didn't.

YMMV
Yeap, It's instinct I roll my front windows down instantly. But I'm thinking all 4 should be the style now.

Yeap, the highway patrol job is speeding

The undercover Narcs are who you want, they will let you go for 1xx in a 50 and reckless driving as long as your not carrying any drugs or have warrants or prior drug arrests. They simply put don't give a fuc.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
I dont get tickets Marcus, had two speeding tickets in 17 years. I am very careful and totally obey the speeding laws, BUT if some clown pulls me over for my tint, which is all that my car can get hit for, unless I open the electric cutouts, which I never do on the street, I would not be happy. I may even pull the limo tint off by then for a cleaner look, so that wont be a problem.

Go catch real criminals, not some guy minding his own business, and then gets pulled over because they are profiling, and I fit the bill or some lame *** tint excuse.

If you are street racing, speeding or driving under the influence, then I totally agree you need to get hit hard by law enforcement. I would hate any of my family to be affected by the above metioned law breakers.

Case and point, a very good friend of mine who owns his own valet company, and works all day and night to provide for his family, got profiled and pulled over.

Why, because he drives a new Denali with rims on it, and the bacon saw him making several stops, and exchanging money. Little do they know, he was driving to his different lots that day, and paying his employees.

Well they felt the need to swarm his car, turn it upside down, throw him on the hood of his car and cuff him. They held him there for a couple hours while they went through all his belongings, cash, guns he had in the car because he has a cash business. Yes, he has a permit for the weapon too.

His business partner had to come down and explain to the bacon, how all that money was accounted for as they thought he was lying, and could not believe a valet company should be making that kind of coin.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
You would be surprised at how many people think Cash=criminal. My family is almost entirely in cash businesses and use it often, we get the worst looks and comments.

I dont get tickets Marcus, had two speeding tickets in 17 years. I am very careful and totally obey the speeding laws, BUT if some clown pulls me over for my tint, which is all that my car can get hit for, unless I open the electric cutouts, which I never do on the street, I would not be happy. I may even pull the limo tint off by then for a cleaner look, so that wont be a problem.

Go catch real criminals, not some guy minding his own business, and then gets pulled over because they are profiling, and I fit the bill or some lame *** tint excuse.

If you are street racing, speeding or driving under the influence, then I totally agree you need to get hit hard by law enforcement. I would hate any of my family to be affected by the above metioned law breakers.

Case and point, a very good friend of mine who owns his own valet company, and works all day and night to provide for his family, got profiled and pulled over.

Why, because he drives a new Denali with rims on it, and the bacon saw him making several stops, and exchanging money. Little do they know, he was driving to his different lots that day, and paying his employees.

Well they felt the need to swarm his car, turn it upside down, throw him on the hood of his car and cuff him. They held him there for a couple hours while they went through all his belongings, cash, guns he had in the car because he has a cash business. Yes, he has a permit for the weapon too.

His business partner had to come down and explain to the bacon, how all that money was accounted for as they thought he was lying, and could not believe a valet company should be making that kind of coin.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know what bro, this post right here shows what a complete jackass you are! Stick to what ever business you are in because you are a complete idiot. I want to make sure you understand that if you do come to Timmayfest, you are not invited to the Police escorted ride. My friends are doing the escort and I will be damed if they are going to escort your dumbass. Your lack of knowledge and respect is pathetic.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (wifey) SC'd E39 M5 (me)

Wow, you REALLY won't like the folks at Timmayfest then. SEVERAL of the core group, my GOOD friends, are officers. The police escort we are getting for our parade route is being set up by one of the "founding fathers" of the event, ALSO an officer.

Not very respectful dude.......
Old 01-24-2012, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
You know what bro, this post right here shows what a complete jackass you are! Stick to what ever business you are in because you are a complete idiot. I want to make sure you understand that if you do come to Timmayfest, you are not invited to the Police escorted ride. My friends are doing the escort and I will be damed if they are going to escort your dumbass. Your lack of knowledge and respect is pathetic.
Go F**k yourself..... I could careless what you think, and the more you post on here, the more I realize you are an *** clown. Not once did I disrespect you with immature name calling, and relate any of this towards TimmayFest. You brought it upon yourself to do that, what I would like for you today do, is man up and call me those names to MY FACE when I get up there!!! I WOULD LOVE SO SEE IT!!!

Everyone is big behind a computer BIG GUY, and what little respect I had for you before you went into a high school name calling frenzy, is now gone. What a dumb f**k

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Managed to get pulled over twice in 3 days..