W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well after searching for years, most simple cheap Ipod/Iphn/Samsung 10.1 Tab & older

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Exactly
Originally Posted by E55Dimon
Well here's my review:

The FM transmitter is total junk. I've had $4 ones work better. Tried many stations with no cigar. Tossed it in the back seat.
Cool design, looks like it works and can charge the iPhone with yur USB.

I guess it's good if you want to run a dyno app and trust it. Otherwise junk had much higher expectations.
Sounds like you Tried ALL stations in between Frequencys they reco'd I Found Crystal Clear Reception on exactly 107.9 FM... You're too hasty bit of patience & it works 100%

Last edited by Thericker; 02-12-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I have had a different experience, it works great! It comes on crystal clear, my texts and phone calls come through the device and it charges my iPhone. I think for 12 bucks, it is awsome.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
E63S
Just took the car to a carwash and tried the 107's there. Definitely an improvement.
Also new maxima tried to run me right after and V1 started going off - saved our a$ses))

I guess its not so bad after all. Problem is 107.9 is Bostons #1 or #2 station.
For 12 bucks, its a cool unit. I was just aggrovated taking 10min to set it up perfect and running late for work cause of it and it just giving me static in the 90's. I'll edit my review.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I could've used mine today, but it's still in transit. I was using my Slingbox at home, to pump the final round of Pebble Beach (Tiger vs. Phil), to my iPhone as I was driving the one hour to the mall today. I had to listen to it using the stupid iPhone speaker. Would've been nice to have been able to actually hear the damn thing through the car's speakers.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
first impression, looks nice only rear speakers pumped out music on the iphone on 88.1 Will try 107.9 and see if i get better reception! But at least it can charge my phone
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Current 2014 Maserati Quattroporte and 2017 GLE 63 AMG retired 2007 E63 AMG
iphone fix

So, not sure if anyone else has done this or talked about it, but here is my fix to the problem of not having factory installed ipod connector provided you have an AUX jack in your glove box. ('07 e63 its on the interior roof of the glove box)

Using a plain old 1/4 inch bit I cut a channel in the plastic inside the glove box in the back left corner. You would never know unless you shined a flashilght in there and even then it doesnt look the least bit mangled (just dont drill through to the outside and mess your interior). I just shaved away the plastic with a drill to cut a channel large enough for a cord to layin, and fit through the back without being pinched. My iphone plugs directly into the AUX jack inside the glove box and the box stays closed. The wire falls right out the back corner. I also tucked the wire under center console trim and it comes out under the ashtray. So you have maybe 1.5 foot of "ugly" wire from there to your iphone/ipod sitting in your hand or the center console. Id rather have the controls on the iphone than through the steering wheel anyway.

The sound quality is great. In fact, its impeccable in relation to the $10 it costs for the cord. And, i recently found a super thin graphite color cord that will blend in much better (and allow for a smaller hole). I have tried all the different FM transmitters and conclude they are a total waste. This fix works flawlessy ALL time, not just sometimes or when you are away from a city. No more changing stations or static ... ever. Oh and your phone is freed from the confines of the glove box should you want to read or respond to a text/email (at a stoplight of course).
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by emoving
I have had a different experience, it works great! It comes on crystal clear, my texts and phone calls come through the device and it charges my iPhone. I think for 12 bucks, it is awsome.
Mine came in today, I agree you can't beat it for $12
Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
2nd unit w/remote control came in & it's better & worse, BETTER: is Blue back lighting & charging phn wiring @ bottom...

WORSE: Driving under ANY serious acceleration causes Cig/Power-Plug to come loose Phone calls - sound is for ***** & Remote cntrl is absolutely worthless..

Buy the 1st unit I listed in my original post for some reason it is a superior product, even though BOTH units appear to be made by same company