W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does mods void ur aftermarket warranty ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
I love MBWorld gives me something to do when i don't want to work haha. But anyway this thread sucks, and turdster act as if hes been here for years when the freakin guy does'nt even have a car yet to give any type of input on a E55 lol seriously this is a ****in joke im getting sick of these type of threads.

Last edited by bnzuovr; 02-14-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Toadster
STFF? LOL what does that mean

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stff

We understand that it gets old, but a little brevity never hurts...

I too may be an E55 codger in a year, who knows
With any luck Vic will perma ban you and we will never have to hear from you again. Just a matter of time.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
LMFAO!!! NO BIG DEAL I UNDERSTAND WHERE THERE COMING FROM BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHERE OTHER PEOPLE R COMING FROM MEANING EVERYONE IS NOT AN E55 AMG GURU THAT KNOWS ALL. IM STILL LEARNING HOW TO USE THE FORUM I TRY TO SEARCH BEFORE I ASK BUT I DONT ALWAYS FIND SO I POST END OF STORY
I was in the same position as you when I first joined. Completely new to the forum world, excited about my new car, millions of questions. In fact, I didn't even know forums had a search function until this same exact incident happened to me. I learned a lot after that, so instead of being defensive, just try to take in the advice and read up on these topics that have been discussed extensively before. If you still can't find what you're looking for, it might be good to start off with a, "I have tried to use the search function and I still can't find what I'm looking for". People will probably be a lot nicer IMO...
Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
I love MBWorld gives me something to do when i don't want to work haha. But anyway this thread sucks, and turdster act as if hes been here for years when the freakin guy does'nt even have a car yet to give any type of input on a E55 lol seriously this is a ****in joke.
admittedly, most of the stuff I've dealt with is related to how new users are treated on the forum and the travesty of data in this forum alone.

I'd be willing to bet a few key members just search for my posts just to off-topic the threads... I have purchased a warranty, I've sent the OP a PM about it - and I wasn't rude about it either.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Guys the search function is a good thing and those who say "if you dont like my post dont read it" dont realize that you are cluttering the forums with repeat dialogue that is not necessary.

Obviously there are times when the search function does not work because of the lack of specifics in a post/question or single keyword seaches. This is not one of those times. I do see that some of our members responses are harsh but I think they grow frustrated with the repetitive nature of such threads.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
@DANLNYC thanks for the advice will do
Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by danlnyc
I was in the same position as you when I first joined. Completely new to the forum world, excited about my new car, millions of questions. In fact, I didn't even know forums had a search function until this same exact incident happened to me. I learned a lot after that, so instead of being defensive, just try to take in the advice and read up on these topics that have been discussed extensively before. If you still can't find what you're looking for, it might be good to start off with a, "I have tried to use the search function and I still can't find what I'm looking for". People will probably be a lot nicer IMO...
+1
Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Guys the search function is a good thing and those who say "if you dont like my post dont read it" dont realize that you are cluttering the forums with repeat dialogue that is not necessary.

Obviously there are times when the search function does not work because of the lack of specifics in a post/question or single keyword seaches. This is not one of those times. I do see that some of our members responses are harsh but I think they grow frustrated with the repetitive nature of such threads.
Damn, God finally spoke! Turdster did you hear!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
admittedly, most of the stuff I've dealt with is related to how new users are treated on the forum and the travesty of data in this forum alone.

I'd be willing to bet a few key members just search for my posts just to off-topic the threads... I have purchased a warranty, I've sent the OP a PM about it - and I wasn't rude about it either.
Yeah bro but you have to admit you have been getting under peoples skin. I don't know if you enjoy doing it or, if thats just your Human nature and your always like that.

Ohh and to anser the O.P original question i guess "MODS" voiding your warranty i would say IMO is pure luck and also depends on mods,S.A at dealer and also Exteneded warranty inspecter and how much of a Ahole they want to be. My experiance i got screwed with mods and had to pay out the *** to get my car fixed.

Last edited by bnzuovr; 02-14-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
So i did a search for "Mods Void Warranty?" and in less than 15 seconds i came up with at least five threads with above in the title....... While repetitive posting/banter may be acceptable on sites such as www.Flammin'OdysseyForums.net, it's not here. I just spent 20 minutes of my busy day trying to teach you N00bs the use of the Search function. It works, dont be afraid to use it.

This is seriously getting out of hand, i don't have a problem with anyone new buying a E55, contemplating a E55, or someone driving a regular W211 and lurking on our boards. But as the cars get older, it seems we're getting the Camry/Mazda6/Minivan people that see these cars at a price-point they can finally afford and at the same time we're being constantly bombarded with questions because they need the reassurance these cars will not break their piggy bank.

The AMG E55/E63 should not be your first car if you have not owned a MB before. Sorry if your feelings are hurt...........But your not MB's target audeince!

If you n00bs were really smart, you would have started out with a cheaper model. Ever heard of a C32? Then as you build on your ownership experience you move up?
Maybe i should put on my captains hat and jacket and start tirekicking some Fedships at the next Ft Laud Boat show
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Just because someone buys this car and has questions about it doesn't mean they came from a Mazda6 lmao
Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Just because someone buys this car and has questions about it doesn't mean they came from a Mazda6 lmao
I think you hurt the turdstar's feelings
BTW Did you try the search function, i think you may find answers to your original question?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Yes I used it thanks for asking ! I got mix answers ppl saying depends on dealership then some say certain ecu were undectecable then some would disagree... Btw who is turdster and did he have a Mazda6 for real lol sry didn't mean to be rude if he did
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Yes I used it thanks for asking ! I got mix answers ppl saying depends on dealership then some say certain ecu were undectecable then some would disagree... Btw who is turdster and did he have a Mazda6 for real lol sry didn't mean to be rude if he did
That is true......
And yes Turdstar did own a Mazda 6 and he also currently owns a VW Cabriolet. Should make for a interesting conversation when the beast pulls up next to the VW.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
LMFAO!!! NO BIG DEAL I UNDERSTAND WHERE THERE COMING FROM BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHERE OTHER PEOPLE R COMING FROM MEANING EVERYONE IS NOT AN E55 AMG GURU THAT KNOWS ALL. IM STILL LEARNING HOW TO USE THE FORUM I TRY TO SEARCH BEFORE I ASK BUT I DONT ALWAYS FIND SO I POST END OF STORY
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Lol hell ya... Moose jaw does that guy u speak of even have a Benz JW
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moosejaw
So i did a search for "Mods Void Warranty?" and in less than 15 seconds i came up with at least five threads with above in the title....... While repetitive posting/banter may be acceptable on sites such as www.Flammin'OdysseyForums.net, it's not here. I just spent 20 minutes of my busy day trying to teach you N00bs the use of the Search function. It works, dont be afraid to use it.

This is seriously getting out of hand, i don't have a problem with anyone new buying a E55, contemplating a E55, or someone driving a regular W211 and lurking on our boards. But as the cars get older, it seems we're getting the Camry/Mazda6/Minivan people that see these cars at a price-point they can finally afford and at the same time we're being constantly bombarded with questions because they need the reassurance these cars will not break their piggy bank.

The AMG E55/E63 should not be your first car if you have not owned a MB before. Sorry if your feelings are hurt...........But your not MB's target audeince!

If you n00bs were really smart, you would have started out with a cheaper model. Ever heard of a C32? Then as you build on your ownership experience you move up?
Maybe i should put on my captains hat and jacket and start tirekicking some Fedships at the next Ft Laud Boat show
Honestly, this is the most retarded and ignorant post I have EVER read from you. I don't even know where to begin wow...

Getting frustrated/angry on the internet over random peoples stupid questions?...lol...don't you have anything better to do than waste "20 minutes of my busy day trying to teach you N00bs the use of the Search function"?

I have not owned a MB before. In fact, it almost seems like you're referring to me. I came from a 98 Camry and hopped straight into the CL55 at 22 with my own money, and more than enough $ to pay for any issue that might come my way. Are you saying people who came from cheaper cars who are interested in purchasing an AMG should not buy one because you think they ALL need reassurance? Sorry, but I don't know anybody (wealthy or not) who likes to blow their money on something just because "they can". IMercedes is nice, but it's not some kind of holy, exclusive car that only rich people should drive. Generalizing a group of people to add evidence to your baseless judgement.. If you're so rich, why don't you just buy something super expensive so nobody bothers you anymore?

What makes you say that the E55/63 or any AMG shouldn't be our first cars if we haven't owned one before? Another one of your baseless judgements?

"If you n00bs were really smart, you would have started out with a cheaper model. Ever heard of a C32? Then as you build on your ownership experience you move up?"

I'm not even gonna comment on this one. This one is just stupid.

Last edited by danlnyc; 02-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Danlnyc, your posting in the wrong section. You own a CL not a E55!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I think you hurt the turdstar's feelings
no hurt feelings - it's an internet forum, not a barfight

That is true......
And yes Turdstar did own a Mazda 6 and he also currently owns a VW Cabriolet. Should make for a interesting conversation when the beast pulls up next to the VW.
the Mazda was my previous DD, the Cabriolet is my daughters car, the Denali is my wife's ride... trying to be transparent and 'real' as many of you think I was totally blowing smoke...

I had an SVT before I had a standard Ford... why? because I wanted to

Last edited by Toadster; 02-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emoving
Hey Danlnyc, your posting in the wrong section. You own a CL not a E55!
I like to hit "new posts" to see what's new with the community....the CL part of the forums are dead....so I'm forced to stray
Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
no hurt feelings - it's an internet forum, not a barfight

the Mazda was my previous DD, the Cabriolet is my daughters car, the Denali is my wife's ride... trying to be transparent and 'real' as many of you think I was totally blowing smoke...

I had an SVT before I had a standard Ford... why? because I wanted to

Wow you've mastered the multi-quote!!!! Baby Steps
Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
If you have a rod hanging out of the side of the block and they see a huge pulley, your warranty claim may get denied. lol
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate

Old 02-14-2012, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
dont plan on taking your car to the stealer if you are lowered. It will be a big VOID to any suspension issues you may have (ie failed airmatic, bushings, tie ends, etc). If you have a electronic lowering module, i would suggest setting it back to stock when taking it to the dealer. Even if you have aftermarket wheels, slap the stockers back on as well. Dont give the dealer any chance to void your warranty
Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
About time

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: does mods void ur aftermarket warranty ?