W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 week of ownership - things to get fixed already...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
1 week of ownership - things to get fixed already...

just want to be sure it's not just me.... (which of course probably could be!)
  1. I/C pump possibly failing - nothing new, just need to get it checked out...
  2. drivers door handle, doesn't unlock - but it locks; checked the 3 other doors and they work just fine - seems to be a bad sensor - should be replaced under warranty
  3. driver seat active cooling - not feeling it -heat works fine, just not getting (or hearing) the air like I can in the passenger seat
  4. seatbelt chime stays on after someone gets out of the passenger seat - really annoying, maybe a bad seat sensor? also, if I put my gymbag in the passenger seat and not buckle the belt the chime goes off
  5. every once in a while when I come to a stop, I hear a 'puff' from the front of the car, maybe airmatic leak?

anyhoo - most of you will probably just bash away, or say search of which I did - just sharing... probably 7 years too late.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Did you really think a used car would be perfect? Get used to it. There is more to come!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Did you really think a used car would be perfect? Get used to it. There is more to come!
nope - not worried about it - just goes to show how much can be missed in a PPI though...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Should've bought a Huyndai.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by Toadster
nope - not worried about it - just goes to show how much can be missed in a PPI though...
Toad, I'm curious, how you gonna mod that thing? I thought you were a troll at first, but since you finally got the car, I was wondering what your goals were with it? Are you tracking it? or are you doing a dyno queen?

Just wondering and not trying to bash you. You see what I do. My Youtube channel is Redbulljnky. All I want is a 10 sec run.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Toad, I'm curious, how you gonna mod that thing? I thought you were a troll at first, but since you finally got the car, I was wondering what your goals were with it? Are you tracking it? or are you doing a dyno queen?

Just wondering and not trying to bash you. You see what I do. My Youtube channel is Redbulljnky. All I want is a 10 sec run.
still trying to get a handle on what's next - most likely when I get used to the power, Stage 1 is all I'd do - it's stealth enough, and not too interested in making the E-car a drag monster - I would have gotten a Mustang for that

it's a DD, so I have to think about that as well... Shardul's pulley has me itchin though seems like the smartest pulley mod out there

gotta do the K&N still, just haven't had time and maybe pull the resonator and 2ndary cats now that I know it will smog just fine... just to add a little more noise, but not make it unbearable.

everyone that's gone for a ride is amazed at the power, but even more amazed at how tame it can be at the same time
Old 02-25-2012, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
still trying to get a handle on what's next - most likely when I get used to the power, Stage 1 is all I'd do - it's stealth enough, and not too interested in making the E-car a drag monster - I would have gotten a Mustang for that

it's a DD, so I have to think about that as well... Shardul's pulley has me itchin though seems like the smartest pulley mod out there

gotta do the K&N still, just haven't had time and maybe pull the resonator and 2ndary cats now that I know it will smog just fine... just to add a little more noise, but not make it unbearable.

everyone that's gone for a ride is amazed at the power, but even more amazed at how tame it can be at the same time
Stage one will do you right. You will be amazed. Make sure you cool that car off. It will get hot quick. Cooling is the best thing for these cars.

And yes mustangs are great for the track. I'm looking for one now. LOL

Get the 63 conversion and some wheels and your good to go.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
  2. drivers door handle, doesn't unlock - but it locks; checked the 3 other doors and they work just fine - seems to be a bad sensor - should be replaced under warranty
  3. driver seat active cooling - not feeling it -heat works fine, just not getting (or hearing) the air like I can in the passenger seat
  4. seatbelt chime stays on after someone gets out of the passenger seat - really annoying, maybe a bad seat sensor? also, if I put my gymbag in the passenger seat and not buckle the belt the chime goes off
  5. every once in a while when I come to a stop, I hear a 'puff' from the front of the car, maybe airmatic leak?

anyhoo - most of you will probably just bash away, or say search of which I did - just sharing... probably 7 years too late.
Replace the IC pump with the new bosch HD 010 pump

cooled seats, i can feel the fan on pushing air, but have never actually felt them making my *** cold... junk i think its normal, unless mine are ****ed up too haha
Old 02-25-2012, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo

Jeeez.... When will it STOP Why Lord? What'd we ALL do to deserve a "Toadster" 24/7/365
Old 02-25-2012, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 amg
Originally Posted by tbal
Replace the IC pump with the new bosch HD 010 pump

cooled seats, i can feel the fan on pushing air, but have never actually felt them making my *** cold... junk i think its normal, unless mine are ****ed up too haha

There has been a few threads about the cooled seats. The fans are reverse fans that are suppose to "suck" the air from you. They are so small they don't really do jack shiat except light up those blue LED's that look so cool haha. I think one of the members on the board here actually put larger fans in the seat and it performed up to his expectations after.

FWIW my cooled seats are worthless too so I am pretty sure it's all of our cars
Old 02-25-2012, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Not againnnn.. Whyyy... Should have kept the Mazda
Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
Originally Posted by SvtAmg
There has been a few threads about the cooled seats. The fans are reverse fans that are suppose to "suck" the air from you. They are so small they don't really do jack shiat except light up those blue LED's that look so cool haha. I think one of the members on the board here actually put larger fans in the seat and it performed up to his expectations after.

FWIW my cooled seats are worthless too so I am pretty sure it's all of our cars
Hahaha I figured... the blue leds do look cool lol
Old 02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
anyone else experience the passenger seat issue where the belt chimes go off if someone gets out and the belt is no longer buckled (yet nobody in the seat?)
Old 02-25-2012, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Step 4 I am pretty sure can be fixed with star das. Might be in developer mode though and dealers don't have it. Been a few years. Lemme hunt around for the fix this weekend.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Step 4 I am pretty sure can be fixed with star das. Might be in developer mode though and dealers don't have it. Been a few years. Lemme hunt around for the fix this weekend.
I figured it could be hacked out with STAR - I'm assuming the seats have pressure sensors to know if you're in the seat in order for the chime to go off?

at least when my gym bag is on the front seat, it chimes away

but if nothing is in the front seat when I start, it's quiet all day long...
Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
My ventilated seats keep me from getting swamp @ s s during summer...
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
I figured it could be hacked out with STAR - I'm assuming the seats have pressure sensors to know if you're in the seat in order for the chime to go off?

at least when my gym bag is on the front seat, it chimes away

but if nothing is in the front seat when I start, it's quiet all day long...
Might be a seat recognition module dealie.

I can scan it with the SDS when I get home to see what the computer is saying.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
[*] seatbelt chime stays on after someone gets out of the passenger seat - really annoying, maybe a bad seat sensor? also, if I put my gymbag in the passenger seat and not buckle the belt the chime goes off
Mine does this too, I just consider it normal and put things in the passenger floor. Probably a bit more safe this way so your items don't become flying objects in an emergency situation
Old 02-25-2012, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Item number 5 is completely normal. It's the airmatic auto-leveling. It does a faint knock noise and the a "pffftt" noise until it levels.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2006 E55, 2006 saab 93 aero, 2010 glk 4m
You guys need to recalibrate the seat sensor

Originally Posted by FASN8N
Mine does this too, I just consider it normal and put things in the passenger floor. Probably a bit more safe this way so your items don't become flying objects in an emergency situation
with star for this problem
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by Thericker
Jeeez.... When will it STOP Why Lord? What'd we ALL do to deserve a "Toadster" 24/7/365
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Not againnnn.. Whyyy... Should have kept the Mazda
This dip**** is gonna make a new thread daily about crap no one cares about. Get used to it. He is a true jerkoff.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nanayaw6
with star for this problem
Yep, my E55 did the same and I fixed it with STAR.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by emoving
This dip**** is gonna make a new thread daily about crap no one cares about. Get used to it. He is a true jerkoff.
I had two cups of coffee this morning and a bowl of cereal... Just thought I'd share with everyone. Maybe I should have started a new thread?

-G
Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by GregMB
I had two cups of coffee this morning and a bowl of cereal... Just thought I'd share with everyone. Maybe I should have started a new thread?

-G
My wife busted out the waffle maker and some chocolate chips! Bacon, eggs and the OJ to top it off! Mmmmmmmm!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Relatively minor things, hopefully your dealer will sort out a few of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1 week of ownership - things to get fixed already...