Sponsored by:

SIDE MIRROR RUBBER REPLACEMENT??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 (FST N OC)
SIDE MIRROR RUBBER REPLACEMENT??

Gents: I need to replace the rubber that keeps the side mirror motor assembly from rubbing on the door. I am finding that alot of my weatherstripping is dry rot and falling apart especially around all the glass. My MB mechanic and factory MB tells me I have to order the side mirror motor ($500 each side) in order to get the rubber weatherstripping. I am on the list for most MB junkyards to have them call me if they get a totalled 05 E55 AMG. Will any E-Class have the same fittment depending on the year? That might open up some more opportunites for me.....

Will anything else work besides the junkyards, dealerships for this particular piece?

Thanks Gents!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
chances are if you get the assembly from a junk yard the rubber weather striping is probably not going to be in any better condition than the one on your car.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
Screw the mirror man. Now that is what I call an avatar!

J/K. You can use a standard e-class mirror. They are the same. Try Potomac german auto (pgauto dot com) since I'm sure they will have a clean one in stock. Call them since they seem to respond better that way...

Originally Posted by DGSU4EA70
Gents: I need to replace the rubber that keeps the side mirror motor assembly from rubbing on the door. I am finding that alot of my weatherstripping is dry rot and falling apart especially around all the glass. My MB mechanic and factory MB tells me I have to order the side mirror motor ($500 each side) in order to get the rubber weatherstripping. I am on the list for most MB junkyards to have them call me if they get a totalled 05 E55 AMG. Will any E-Class have the same fittment depending on the year? That might open up some more opportunites for me.....

Will anything else work besides the junkyards, dealerships for this particular piece?

Thanks Gents!