W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

E500 SRS, ESP electrical problems. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c class w203
Exclamation E500 SRS, ESP electrical problems. Please Help!

I am having a number of problems with my 2006 E500 base and have found no similar combination of problems previously posted (but I definitely could have overlooked something). They including the following:

(1) front heated/vented seats not coming on or lighting up on the dash
-> narrowed it down to the the front passenger side SAM: I have found a used SAM from an 2003 would that be a direct plug and play? or would it have to be programed using star? Could an Independent repair shop do the reprogramming?

(2) SRS malfunction: The backseat seatbelts both driver & passenger sides have locked in place (ie can not be pulled out & constantly under tension), but the middle one works normally. Could this be another SAM unit or possibly a sensor?

(3) ESP/cruise control: Steering angle sensor ordered and will be replaced following a DIY I found on here. I was assuming this would be just a plug and play unit. Can anyone verify?

(4) Other random issues: When head lights are on auto they stay on constantly regardless of light level. When locking/unlocking the car via remote key you must get very very close & direct to the driver side door sensor for it to work, will not work from any other angle.

Known history of the car: ~55k miles, wreck on front driver side (referred to as minor) quarter panel, fender, bumber replaced ect.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
seat belt assembly will need to be replaced in order to get rid of the SRS light.