E55 with 800+ rwhp and 830 rwtq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I saw those numbers posted by EC on their fb page, that is all it is, numbers. Who cares, 800rwhp and running 11.3 is average. I would rather make 450rwhp and run10.99
While I agree with you that track times are ultimately the real test Craig dyno numbers are also important under one condition, both cars are run on the dyno in the same gear and the same way and the same dyno and they're setup the same. If that is the case then you just can't ignore a higher HP and TQ figure but yes, in the real world dyno figures are rarely unbiased.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55
Originally Posted by urbamworm
Have any videos of your Camero running on the streets, like against other cars or actually doing a pull? I have seen videos a while back playing in front of a shop but I am talking more exciting ones
There was videos... but they have been taken down. I got a call from a fella at my insurance company advising me to pull them. It has some pretty heavy insurance on it.. but is relatively cheap. With how well known the car is... it wasn't wise to have the races on line.

It was a pain finding good insurance for it. Haggerty wouldn't even insure it. Only if it was parked or trailered. Not allowed to drive it. My current insurance allows me to drive it.

She comes out all the time in SoCal though.... but video never hits the net if i can help it.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Numbers don't mean anything to me either. I've seen sooooo many cars that put down huge numbers on a dyno not perform at the track. I'd much rather have a 500hp car that performed like a 800hp car than the opposite.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
There is a huge difference from making a one gear pull on a dyno as opposed to the heat created from making a full pass.
I'll take the low dyno with the stronger 1320 any day of the week too.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by dgkalis
There was videos... but they have been taken down. I got a call from a fella at my insurance company advising me to pull them. It has some pretty heavy insurance on it.. but is relatively cheap. With how well known the car is... it wasn't wise to have the races on line.

It was a pain finding good insurance for it. Haggerty wouldn't even insure it. Only if it was parked or trailered. Not allowed to drive it. My current insurance allows me to drive it.

She comes out all the time in SoCal though.... but video never hits the net if i can help it.
Ahh I see. Well that sucks haha
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 AM

g55
Have any videos of your Camero running on the streets, like against other cars or actually doing a pull? I have seen videos a while back playing in front of a shop but I am talking more exciting ones
There is this one. My buddy threw it together. We were doing a photo shoot... and he threw the video clips together. Its mainly just a bunch of noise.... But fun none the less.
Car was on the wastegates. 8 psi 850rwhp/860rwtq on 91.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by chawkins2001
I saw those numbers posted by EC on their fb page, that is all it is, numbers. Who cares, 800rwhp and running 11.3 is average. I would rather make 450rwhp and run10.99
+1
Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nice A friend of mine is in the process of restoring and modding the hell out of a "Roadrunner." Can't wait for him to get that thing done. He is a welder by trade so he is doing it all himself. He is putting a lot of aluminum fabrication in the car from tubbing the rear, to a built in huge fuel tank in the trunk that doubles as the bottom pan of the car, and a full undertray all in aluminum. He works on it every Saturday.

His father purchased the car new then a hurricane flooded it down in the Keys, he was gonna toss it but then gave it to his son instead for a project. He cut the body off the chassis and bought a Viper chassis with engine and had planned on twin turboing that engine but is going to scrap it since he would rather have a V8 than the V10 and it will be cheaper and make more power at the same time. He is actually putting a Chevy engine in it from what he said last time I talked to him at least. Going with a Nelson Racing 427 twin turbo daily driver series. It uses 72mm turbos and does 850whp at 8psi and 1250whp at around 22psi. Definitely gonna poop myself when I make it down there for a ride when he gets it all done.

This is a professional rendering he had done of how it will look.

And some in process pics

Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 AM

g55
Real sick!!

If he doesn't know already.. Lateral-g.net is a real good forum for finding or asking about tips and build ideas. Lots of very reputable people there.

I just realized he went full tub. Crazy! i just mini tubbed mine... 345s on the back.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
There is this one. My buddy threw it together. We were doing a photo shoot... and he threw the video clips together. Its mainly just a bunch of noise.... But fun none the less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeYid6Jd_aQ
SO SICK
Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
I wish I could get my "much less than 850 rwhp" turbo truck to hook that well on regular radial tires. On big drag radials I have to be going faster than 60 mph to get it to hook on the street. I won't even drive the truck on regular radials.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM

g55
Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
I wish I could get my "much less than 850 rwhp" turbo truck to hook that well on regular radial tires. On big drag radials I have to be going faster than 60 mph to get it to hook on the street. I won't even drive the truck on regular radials.
Crazy...
I have my 4 Link set up real soft in the back.. plus the gas tank is back there..I never run less than 1/2 tank. and the NT05's do pretty good when there is some heat in the tires.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
How much does the car weigh and what is the % front to back. What weight springs?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real sick!!

If he doesn't know already.. Lateral-g.net is a real good forum for finding or asking about tips and build ideas. Lots of very reputable people there.

I just realized he went full tub. Crazy! i just mini tubbed mine... 345s on the back.
Talked to my friend, he said he has been on that site but just lurked around, doesn't actually have a screenname but may sign up.

Thinks he is changing his mind about engine now too and is looking to get the Nelson Racing Mopar 572 twin turbo instead to keep the engine Mopar like the car. Gonna run 29" tall 18" wide tires on 20s and the car is not a race car, it is gonna have a 6 speed manual and be a "daily driver" type car.

Last edited by urbamworm; 03-18-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
To get things back on topic and within this MERCEDES forum, would like to see hard numbers for the car as posted by the OP.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My bad for talking about something else, some of us are car enthusiests and like everything not just Mercedes, relax a little. It was already said the numbers spoke of were crank numbers by Jerry the man who tuned it and also raced it, what more do you want?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My bad for talking about something else, some of us are car enthusiests and like everything not just Mercedes, relax a little. It was already said the numbers spoke of were crank numbers by Jerry the man who tuned it and also raced it, what more do you want?
Little defensive there? Words are not the same as looking at a dyno sheet. Problem is so many claims on this board from folks, just no hard numbers. Hey I have 1200RWHP. Get it? Additionally, 'IF' someone is pushing hard HP/TQ, I would like to see from an 'enthusiast' point of view, HOW? Simple as that.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 PM

g55
Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
How much does the car weigh and what is the % front to back. What weight springs?
It weighs roughly 3800 with me and a full tank.
Its a bit front heavy.. but not much as long as there is at least 1/2 full gas back there.
I can't remember the weight of the springs. Its been a few years since i went through all that. But here is a second gear hit on the street.. you can see it hooks pretty good. Again this is only 8 psi.

Talked to my friend, he said he has been on that site but just lurked around, doesn't actually have a screenname but may sign up.

Thinks he is changing his mind about engine now too and is looking to get the Nelson Racing Mopar 572 twin turbo instead to keep the engine Mopar like the car. Gonna run 29" tall 18" wide tires on 20s and the car is not a race car, it is gonna have a 6 speed manual and be a "daily driver" type car.
I really like the Rockland Standard "Son of Trazilla" T56 Magnum. Nelson makes some bad *** motors.

Originally Posted by pearlpower
To get things back on topic and within this MERCEDES forum, would like to see hard numbers for the car as posted by the OP.
I don't have the print out... i just saw it from an email on his phone. Thats all. I was just sharing the info. It looked like it was a rear wheel print out... Never the less... the car was fast.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Little defensive there? Words are not the same as looking at a dyno sheet. Problem is so many claims on this board from folks, just no hard numbers. Hey I have 1200RWHP. Get it? Additionally, 'IF' someone is pushing hard HP/TQ, I would like to see from an 'enthusiast' point of view, HOW? Simple as that.
I am sorry but some people don't read and it was cleared up that the dyno numbers of "800+rwhp" were actually crank numbers. Now since we have a few cars that have dynoed at right around or just over 600whp then that is believable as compared to 800+.

You were asking for hard numbers like you were in disbelief and still thinking it had 800whp (like someone who doesn't read the thread and just posts after reading the first post). Not saying you didn't read the thread, just that it seemed like you didn't see that Jerry said the car made more like 600 at the wheels not 800 (that was a crank number). That is all.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Very kool!! Thanks for sharing, I'm 1 of those "Enthusiasts" that enjoys ALL Brands/Makes/Models etc basically anything big CID N/A or & SuperCharged/TwinTurbo etc (though I appreciate the pure speed huge power aspect of Nitrous, it's use isn't in the same league period.. You can add Nitrous to ANY application to walk amongst giants for few fleeting seconds till bottle runs out or motor pops )
Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Absolutely Love it! Marriage of Classic Design & Modern Engineering

Nice A friend of mine is in the process of restoring and modding the hell out of a "Roadrunner." Can't wait for him to get that thing done. He is a welder by trade so he is doing it all himself. He is putting a lot of aluminum fabrication in the car from tubbing the rear, to a built in huge fuel tank in the trunk that doubles as the bottom pan of the car, and a full undertray all in aluminum. He works on it every Saturday.

His father purchased the car new then a hurricane flooded it down in the Keys, he was gonna toss it but then gave it to his son instead for a project. He cut the body off the chassis and bought a Viper chassis with engine and had planned on twin turboing that engine but is going to scrap it since he would rather have a V8 than the V10 and it will be cheaper and make more power at the same time. He is actually putting a Chevy engine in it from what he said last time I talked to him at least. Going with a Nelson Racing 427 twin turbo daily driver series. It uses 72mm turbos and does 850whp at 8psi and 1250whp at around 22psi. Definitely gonna poop myself when I make it down there for a ride when he gets it all done.

This is a professional rendering he had done of how it will look.

And some in process pics

Awesome project & rendering The CF hood vents look vaguely familar to my MishaDesigns WideBody SL's hood.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am sorry but some people don't read and it was cleared up that the dyno numbers of "800+rwhp" were actually crank numbers. Now since we have a few cars that have dynoed at right around or just over 600whp then that is believable as compared to 800+.

You were asking for hard numbers like you were in disbelief and still thinking it had 800whp (like someone who doesn't read the thread and just posts after reading the first post). Not saying you didn't read the thread, just that it seemed like you didn't see that Jerry said the car made more like 600 at the wheels not 800 (that was a crank number). That is all.
Hey no harm man, I was a little touchy from the standpoint that this forum has Mod opportunities , so many insecure folks here, then you have so called 'experts' making claims that never back them up, etc, etc, etc.

Nothing to do with other makes, hell I have a Ford Diesel that will kill any Mercedes on his forum (see what I mean about claims), just if someone is going to post up some claims, I would like to know how they did it is all. Then reading through the thread hoping to find the 'magical' post that explains everything in detail I come across 'WTF is this' and nothing I was looking for. LOL.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM

g55
Hey no harm man, I was a little touchy from the standpoint that this forum has Mod opportunities , so many insecure folks here, then you have so called 'experts' making claims that never back them up, etc, etc, etc.

Nothing to do with other makes, hell I have a Ford Diesel that will kill any Mercedes on his forum (see what I mean about claims), just if someone is going to post up some claims, I would like to know how they did it is all. Then reading through the thread hoping to find the 'magical' post that explains everything in detail I come across 'WTF is this' and nothing I was looking for. LOL.
Well.. what i was told is.. the E55 has a built bottom end, heads ported, polished and upgraded, huge lower pulley, i saw the custom tensioner, i saw the funky looking intercooler replacement, saw the meth tank, also was told the sc'r is over spinning by 30%.... It sounded mean... and it felt about 150-200 hp faster than mine.

Mine is a 180 mill car that Charlie ran 11.xx @ 129 on the 100 oct tune. back on tract??
Old 03-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Rainman's car?

Yes guys, it's very fast. I wasn't present for any dyno runs, but I have seen it roll.

Owner most certianty does not, and I'll venture to say, never ever ever will post here. Trust me on that one...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Well.. what i was told is.. the E55 has a built bottom end, heads ported, polished and upgraded, huge lower pulley, i saw the custom tensioner, i saw the funky looking intercooler replacement, saw the meth tank, also was told the sc'r is over spinning by 30%.... It sounded mean... and it felt about 150-200 hp faster than mine.

Mine is a 180 mill car that Charlie ran 11.xx @ 129 on the 100 oct tune. back on tract??
How was the bottom end built? Did he change the crank and rods and if so I thought we already have forged crank and rods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E55 with 800+ rwhp and 830 rwtq