Sponsored by:

Sag on driver side rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Sag on driver side rear

Excuse if this subject has been covered (I read this post - https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ging-side.html) but don't know if it's the same problem. Car was parked in garage for some time, with steering sharply pointed to the right (due to angle to get into garage). Driver side rear noticeably sagged, with the tire stuffed all the way up into the wheel well on my 20" wheels. I started the car, straightened the steering, and it rose back up. But still 1/2" lower than the passenger side. Is this likely a failure, or is it a computer adjustment that can be made in order to compensate?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Unplug the battery to reset

Restart the car and put it on a level ground, then raise it, if still the same problem, could be the airmatic...had this prob with a cl500 with abc and was the rear strut
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
I think it's normal. I park in a garage across the street from my workplace. Steering turned to the right parked on an angle. Rear driver side low. That's the only time I have witnessed this. I dont think you should be concerned if that's the only time that happens.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by EdoubleNickel
I think it's normal. I park in a garage across the street from my workplace. Steering turned to the right parked on an angle. Rear driver side low. That's the only time I have witnessed this. I dont think you should be concerned if that's the only time that happens.

Usually if your car is not dropping while sitting (beyond a SLIGHT settling) your airmatic is fine.
I find that with my car it gets a little "off" from time to time, after changing from sport 2 to comfort and obstacle and back, parking on different uneven surfaces, etc. The rear will lbe lower on one side, fronts look higher than normal. (I am lowered on links) I just find a nice flat area, parking lot, my garage, whatever-and run the suspension back and forth from obstacle to sport 2 a couple times. It def resets everything.