W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's OFFICIAL, the tranny IS broken........FAWK!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
TCU had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Thanks every one! I appreciate all the help and advice!

But I have a trick up my sleeve.

Guess what? My car is still under warranty. And I have a certain MANAGER at the dealership that I deal with. He knows all my mods also. He works hard to get everythhing covered for me. So we are putting everything back on the car to make it seem as stock as we can. Hopefully I can get a whole new tranny and only pay my $50 deductable.
Holy sh*t FTW !!! So glad to hear that is it an aftermarket one ? I unfortunately don't have a warranty and you probably seen my airmatic failed today
Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Originally Posted by urbamworm
I am curious what exactly is wrong. I had some shavings in my pan when I had a shifting problem making it get stuck in 3rd gear. I am not completely sure but I wonder if some shavings that were in your system is causing a valve to stick that just doesn't allow the car to even go in gear. I am not sure if that is possible or not, but it is pretty easy to take the valve body out and then split it in half and clean it out real good with carb cleaner. It has to be stupid clean or valves will stick.

I suppose if you can some how get a new tranny then you will be good to go, but it could be worth taking the valve body out and taking everything out and cleaning it real real good.
Very possible my friend. But Ima try to get the dealer to fix it first. If not Nemo is very good at what he does. And we are in contact with Paramount to modify the tranny and valve body.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sorry to hear about the tranny but I hope everything works out for the best and you get your beast back up running quick!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Damn, I was gonna ask if your car is fixed since you were talking about racing it this Sunday. Hope the warranty will come thru for you.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
TCU had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Thanks every one! I appreciate all the help and advice!

But I have a trick up my sleeve.

Guess what? My car is still under warranty. And I have a certain MANAGER at the dealership that I deal with. He knows all my mods also. He works hard to get everythhing covered for me. So we are putting everything back on the car to make it seem as stock as we can. Hopefully I can get a whole new tranny and only pay my $50 deductable.
You realize that this is openly, publicly admitting to an attempt to defraud your warranty company? And, for good measure, boasting that your MB dealership manager buddy is complicit in such activities.

To each his own, but man that just doesn't seem like the smart play, for either of you. Regardless, good luck with your repairs.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
Holy sh*t FTW !!! So glad to hear that is it an aftermarket one ? I unfortunately don't have a warranty and you probably seen my airmatic failed today
It's a GMPP and yes I saw. I feel for you brotha.
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Sorry to hear about the tranny but I hope everything works out for the best and you get your beast back up running quick!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Damn, I was gonna ask if your car is fixed since you were talking about racing it this Sunday. Hope the warranty will come thru for you.
I hope so to. Thanks!
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You realize that this is openly, publicly admitting to an attempt to defraud your warranty company? And, for good measure, boasting that your MB dealership manager buddy is complicit in such activities.

To each his own, but man that just doesn't seem like the smart play, for either of you. Regardless, good luck with your repairs.
Holy sh*t! did you really just write all that. Don't ever post on my thread again. That was dumb as fawk!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
I think normally we would balk at this a bit. Seeing as how Mercedes is running and hiding from fuel system and sub frame bolt problems I say stick it to em and don't think twice.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by BBBSS
I think normally we would balk at this a bit. Seeing as how Mercedes is running and hiding from fuel system and sub frame bolt problems I say stick it to em and don't think twice.
oh yah!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BBBSS
He's not sticking it to Mercedes... he's (allegedly) sticking it to GMPP, his aftermarket warranty/service contract company.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
He's not sticking it to Mercedes... he's (allegedly) sticking it to GMPP, his aftermarket warranty/service contract company.
He will b fine unless ur a rat !!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Holy sh*t! did you really just write all that. Don't ever post on my thread again. That was dumb as fawk!
Yes, I did write all that, four sentences and all... amazing as it may seem.

Equally surprising (this time, to me) is that you're apparently offended by my prior post - which was intended as advice, albeit subtle perhaps. Here's it more clearly:

Publicly bragging about defrauding a warranty company is idiotic on many levels.

If the light-bulb still hasn't gone off for you, that's fine.

Oh - by the way: as long as I maintain my membership in good standing and in accordance with the TOU, I'll post where I like, thanks. If you have a problem with my posts, you can add me to your ignore list, which won't hurt my feelings one bit. Thanks and have a good evening.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG E Power
He will b fine unless ur a rat !!!!
You guys are really too much. I don't know RedBullJnky from Adam, and don't have any interest in ever changing that.

I am not employed by MB, nor by any MB dealer, nor by any third-party warranty company - but that doesn't mean that folks who are aren't also on MBW and read threads like this one.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Dude, what's your purpose? Did I offend you or something? I could have swore uou wrote in your first dumb azz post " good luck ". But the way you are going it seems to me that you don't want anything positive from my misfortune. it don't matter who pays for it. Me or the warranty. It's gonna get done. Thanks for your kind words! Jack azz!

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 05-03-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
You guys are really too much. I don't know RedBullJnky from Adam, and don't have any interest in ever changing that.

I am not employed by MB, nor by any MB dealer, nor by any third-party warranty company - but that doesn't mean that folks who are aren't also on MBW and read threads like this one.
Ill give you the chance to get to know me.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 crossfire w/SL55 drivetrain installed by Rudy Compart Intake/Needswings best et-10.76 @ 129
are you going to have it ready by Sunday?,,, are you going to be there?
yes and yes so we will see you there. ,,maybe you want to drive a slow crossfire LOL not really but maybe. . jim

Last edited by amx1397; 05-03-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K

Oh - by the way: as long as I maintain my membership in good standing and in accordance with the TOU, I'll post where I like, thanks. If you have a problem with my posts, you can add me to your ignore list, which won't hurt my feelings one bit. Thanks and have a good evening.
What are you going to say next? "It's a free country I can do whatever I want"
Old 05-03-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by amx1397
are you going to have it ready by Sunday?,,, are you going to be there?
yes and yes so we will see you there. ,,maybe you can drive a slow crossfire. jim
I'll still be there but only to video. My car is not running.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dude, what's your purpose? Did I offend you or something? I could have swore uou wrote in your first dumb azz post " good luck ". But the way you are going it seems to me that you don't want anything positive from my misfortune. it don't matter who pays for it. Me or the warranty. It's gonna get done. Thanks for your kind words! Jack azz!
My purpose was to offer you a heads-up. It appears that's hopeless, so I'll just wish you well and leave it at that.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
My purpose was to offer you a heads-up. It appears that's hopeless, so I'll just wish you well and leave it at that.
Perhaps his warranty’s exclusionary clauses don’t specifically decline coverage owing to failures ostensibly caused by abuse and/or aftermarket modifications.

Learned how to fix and upgrade my own pulped hardware simply because I’ve an uncanny knack for being able to break it. No flame.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you to Hate
Originally Posted by splinter
Perhaps his warranty’s exclusionary clauses don’t specifically decline coverage owing to failures ostensibly caused by abuse and/or aftermarket modifications.

Learned how to fix and upgrade my own pulped hardware simply because I’ve an uncanny knack for being able to break it. No flame.
one of the guys at Rage-Tek said " congrats, your making enough power to brake things". It was funny and a compliment at the same time.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bout fuc*king time! Haul azz bro! Go back to the C32 section and don't play wit the big boys. You might not like it.

A heads up? WTF! If I wanted a life coach I wouldn't have shot mine and served 5 years in 3 different maximum security's. But what ever man!
Sorry, didn't realize the cost of admission to the big boy's club is an aging $22k E class. Really takes the shine off of that membership card, when you think about it.

Since you still don't get what I've been trying to tell you: I don't care if you attempt to get your transmission replaced under your GMPP warranty. If it gets approved, I'm sincerely happy for you to not have to come out of pocket. However, since the warranty repair would likely be denied by GMPP as falling outside of their coverage parameters if they knew of your full and accurate mods and usage history, the smart move would be to keep this entire matter between you and your dealership service contact... before, during, and after the repairs. By the way, you could still salvage that somewhat, by requesting that a mod/admin delete this thread for you (I'm pretty sure they still accommodate that sort of thing).

Going online and boasting about this (put the car back to stock and try to get one by on the warranty company), on the largest and most heavily trafficked Mercedes forum, can't help you in any way whatsoever, but it can hurt if the wrong person/people come across your posts, do a little digging and put two and two together for who you are, which E55 this is, what corresponding warranty request was submitted, etc. Plenty of guys have inadvertently, willingly provided all the rope needed to hang themselves on issues like these, which is what I was trying to clue you in on - if you're planning on doing this, you might want to reconsider posting about it.

Last post, promise. I'll go scurry off to 6speed and leave you big boys alone.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 amg
Sorry, didn't realize the cost of admission to the big boy's club is an aging $22k E class. Really takes the shine off of that membership card, when you think about it.

Since you still don't get what I've been trying to tell you: I don't care if you attempt to get your transmission replaced under your GMPP warranty. If it gets approved, I'm sincerely happy for you to not have to come out of pocket. However, since the warranty repair would likely be denied by GMPP as falling outside of their coverage parameters if they knew of your full and accurate mods and usage history, the smart move would be to keep this entire matter between you and your dealership service contact... before, during, and after the repairs. By the way, you could still salvage that somewhat, by requesting that a mod/admin delete this thread for you (I'm pretty sure they still accommodate that sort of thing).

Going online and boasting about this (put the car back to stock and try to get one by on the warranty company), on the largest and most heavily trafficked Mercedes forum, can't help you in any way whatsoever, but it can hurt if the wrong person/people come across your posts, do a little digging and put two and two together for who you are, which E55 this is, what corresponding warranty request was submitted, etc. Plenty of guys have inadvertently, willingly provided all the rope needed to hang themselves on issues like these, which is what I was trying to clue you in on - if you're planning on doing this, you might want to reconsider posting about it.

Last post, promise. I'll go scurry off to 6speed and leave you big boys alone.
May have loss some value but 22000 ? Ya maybe for an 03 with 100000 miles. They still can go for in the 30s fully loaded, miles, car fax etc. does it really matter tho ? Mine could past off for brand new. It's still one hell of a car point blank period
Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM

2014 AMG E63S, 2006 XK8 victory edition convertible, 2006 supercharged trailblazer SS, 2001 E430

Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
You realize that this is openly, publicly admitting to an attempt to defraud your
^^^ +1
Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
You realize that this is openly, publicly admitting to an attempt to defraud your warranty company?
+1000

If you gonna try and wangle a warranty repair - good for you ... but to put in print how you are going to commit fraud is just stupid.

To then throw crap at the (good) advice is more dumass than I can take for a Friday... Sheesh dude wake up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: It's OFFICIAL, the tranny IS broken........FAWK!!!