W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ran in the Silver State Classic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ducati
Has anyone ran in the Silver State Classic?

Im planning to run my E55 there in the next year, but wanted to get some first-hand experience if anyone has run it...

-Justin
Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
I have some second hand experience from friends who have run it. Both have done it in prepped cars, one ran a mostly stock C5 corvette then as she got into faster classes had to improve the safety of the car. The other guy I know runs a fully track prepped Porsche 928.

I'm sure all the rules are available from their website or through google, but basically, you get to preview the course beforehand, and your first year you will be put into a lower speed class, and have to earn your way up to faster classes. IMO, the E55 is a great highway bruiser, but a fat pig when it comes to handling. It would not be my car of choice for an open road rally/race.

What is your driving experience? Have you taken your E55 to do a DE day?

And some more opinion for open road racing, when you go do a DE track day at Thunder hill or Infineon, you are no more than a mile from an ambulance. Out in the middle of BFE Nevada, you can be several miles from an ambulance, and several minutes away from them responding.