Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
2003 E55 AMG Airmatic issue?

Hi,
I brought my car in to a Firestone to get new wheels put on. Factory AMG 18" wheels just chrome instead of the silver finish. After picking it up I have noticed that the passenger side(front and rear) of the car is sitting about a 1/2 lower in the wheel wells than the driver side. One time I looked like it was more like an inch lower. Now, I only bought the car about 3 weeks ago. I'm not positive if this is a new issue or has always been like this, but it's the first time I have noticed. Could this been an issue with the Airmatic? It rises and lowers at all four wheels and holds there for good, doesn't seem to be leaking. Does the car have an auto-leveling feature that would cause this? Even so, I have the passenger side to the curb right now which is sloped lower than the driver side and it's still lower by about half an inch in the wells on the passenger side, shouldn't it be higher if it was auto-leveling? No lights or malfunctions on showing anything wrong. Any experience or thought about this would be appreciated
Thanks
Brian
Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Could be a strut going bad, could be a STAR issue.