Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine code p0456...

Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by berti_00
looks dry to me but who knows... and Dealer for sure for the cap!! let me know i'll get you one okay

anyways i want those rubber mats of yours lol
I got those mats for my car at my cost price 80 bucks love them
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Wow honestly dude
I did not want this to happen to you

But it seems you need to consider two things before joining the class action lawsuit

1. Note that we have all filed claims with the NHTSA
You can do it by reading this thread. (note if you type urgent in the search box, it wil bring up several threads dealing with this issue, but below is the best one.
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...leaks-e55.html

2. Now that you have filed the claim, you can do one of two things.....

A. Pay to have it fixed at a Mercedes Dealer, Shop around several dealers for the best price. In all likely hood it will be your entire gas tank assembly and driver's side fuel sender. It can add up to well over $2k. I would ask for a discount if you know your dealer well. A gas tank should not fail this early in a cars life. Now if you pay for this at a Mercedes Benz Dealer, there is a extremely strong chance that if a recall is issued for MBUSA to fix, you will be reimbursed afterwards. However that I cant see this happening if you went with a independent garage to fix.

B. Dont pay to fix it, clear the code, fill up your gas tank half way, and drive this way for the past couple of years like i have. It depends, i'm the only one who is in the car for 99% of the time. I dont get fumes or spills unless i fill up. Therefore i choose not to spend the money and wait for MBUSA to man up. If I had a family with little kids and this was my only ride, it would be a different story.
I'll prob drive like this for now. If class action suit works then I can have them fix it right??

If try change the gasket will help at all??
Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by AMG E Power
I hope i never ever have this issue ! The most i put in my car is 60-70 bucks never fill all the way. sry to hear bro.... berti how much gas do u put in at a time.
Ty AMG E Power
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
damn a year and a day since I posted not wanting this to happen and what do u know I get a P0456 CEL !!! I feel my car up to the pump clicks off (always have so maybe 18 gallons ) I do get the fuel smell in the garage, not in the cabin but, after u drive 50 miles or so its fine. What i dont get is I always done this for a yr and a half and have never had a CEL since Ive owned the car. so culprit- fuel sending unit/gas tank- carbon canister, gas cap, purge vavle ? Fu*K !