W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo....since blackbenzz showed us his blown engine...lets post pics of ours as well.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Sooo....since blackbenzz showed us his blown engine...lets post pics of ours as well.

This should be fun I think.

A lot of us at some point or another have blown an engine ( regardless of vehicle ) so maybe we should post them up just to see the outcomes in our quest for power.

I'll begin.

First...my very first modded vehicle. A 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix with almost 150,000 miles. I tried turbocharging it some 10 years ago and it was a total failure on my behalf. I never even got it to 200whp without blowing up the engine...lol. Here is the outcome:

I fixed it, put it back to stock and sold it for another Grand Prix which had a LOT less mileage. This second GP I also turbocharged but this time I learned my lesson and put down 350whp on the stock everything, even exhaust and it never broke. Ran 12.6@111mph full weight on pump gas with it.

After a few other vehicles that I turbocharged with success, I ran into the worse vehicle to modify that I have ever owned. A 2003 Infiniti G35. While extremely reliable and fun to own when stock...I ended up spending almost $10G's to get a measly 400whp out of this G35 and eventually broke it once I tried to get to 450whp on the stock engine. After 417whp ( on my automatic ) it just blew into a million pieces with ZERO knock and zero fuel issues...it just let go. Here was the aftermath:

I snapped my crank in two pieces. I've always been told they were weak engine but wow...I've never seen this happen...lol.

Anyways, who's next?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
all my crap broke before there was digital cameras

but this should be a great thread!!!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
This is a stupid thread! What does you piece of crap Pontiac engine have to do with E55s?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Haters crazy
lol
Old 06-17-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
No pics, but when I was 16 I had an Integra with a 60 dry shot of nitrous. It was a blast for about 6 months beating Mustang GTs and the such with my otherwise pretty slow car. Went through several bottles but weakened something over time (rod bolt or just the rod).

Was just cruising one day and saw a big cloud of smoke behind me and something had went wrong. Pushed the clutch in and coasted to the side of the road looking at a big oil trail behind me. After popping the hood to see what the heck happened I saw a nice hole out the side of the engine where a rod had came out to say hello.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
After 27 years of modifying/racing cars I've yet to blow one up yet.
Perhaps I'm just too conservative or too good? You decide LOL.

Nice work on that Pontiac, even better on that toyota!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
This is a stupid thread! What does you piece of crap Pontiac engine have to do with E55s?
Says the person who posted this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-chawkins.html

Figures...
Originally Posted by betrezra
After 27 years of modifying/racing cars I've yet to blow one up yet.
Perhaps I'm just too conservative or too good? You decide LOL.

Nice work on that Pontiac, even better on that toyota!
Conservative...only after breaking do you know the limits...lol. I was a super noob with the first gp but with the nissan I had tons of experience and it let loose right where everyone said it would, I already had another engine lined up for $100 ( don't ask ) but was surprised at how weak the VQ35DE was. Crazy stuff...and fun as well.