Sponsored by:

How to control IPOD directly??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 GL550
How to control IPOD directly??

I know I remember reading a thread awhile back but I can't find it! I have the Command w/ the factory Ipod jack in the glove box, I can control it from the steering wheel but frankly...I hate using the steering wheel controls and want to control it directly from the Ipod...I remember reading somewhere their is a way to disconnect something from the back of the radio or something to make it work direct.?!? Anybody know? Thanks
Old 06-23-2012, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Flying Spur
I had the same issue, you need to pull the command out, there's a little wire plugged into it, I'll see if I can find the thread, all you do is pull it out of the command and plug the other one in. The other one should be hanging their right behind the unit not plugged in. Once you do that your auxiliary mini pin in the glove box will start working. You can plug into that and control the iPod directly or if you like you can still plug the iPod wire in and use the steering control. Only thing with that is you'll need to have both the iPod wire and mini pin plugged in together. Hope that made sense