Sponsored by:

need sugestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e55 amg
need sugestions

ok so i just got into my first mercedes about 2 months ago and i have been hearing a very strange noise... it sounds like my clutch for my compressor is squeeking when i put my foot into at low speeds... what can i do to fix this
Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2002 GT2
I'm thinking that it's probably your tensioner pulley bearing (idler pulley) that's squeaking. They're notorious for breaking down. The bearing itself can be pushed out and changed (to one that is rated for a higher speed) for only a few dollars.

Also, have you looked at the compressor pulley wheel to see if it is wobbling? If so, you might have a worn clutch pack. The brown dust can also be a good indicator of the clutch wear.

Have you checked to see if any of the belts are slipping? You may need to replace that belt if it is.

Have you tried manually spinning the supercharger pulley to see if you can hear squeaking? If so, you may want to look at replacing the supercharger bearing.

Information for all these fixes can be found around this forum. Once you figure what's making the noise, search around and that should help you. Good luck.

Last edited by grimm; 07-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.