Look at these AIT's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by black06c230
For detailed pics go the the other planet and look for the "Any one have pics of installed Killer Chiller?" Go to page 10 and you will see my detailed install pics. This to me hands down the best way to ensure summer time high temps don't ruin any fun. I have my HE bypassed for the summer, once winter comes I will likely then bypass the KC.

http://www.**************.com/forum/...killer+chiller

************ = planet supercar
fixed http://bit.ly/QokOhm
Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by cij911
Has anyone installed an inline bypass thermostat to their heat exchanger, so that the water only flows through the heat exchanger if it above X degrees ?
Can you provide some names or pics of these thermostats?
Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
1000Hp Diesel Trucks, 2019 E63s
Originally Posted by cij911
Is Kincaid offering a special GB for kits designed for the e55 ? Also, has anyone documented the proper amount of coolant that needs to be added ? Unfortunately, I believe you need STAR DAS to add the proper amount of AC coolant (R134 ? IIRC), so an independent AC is probably not going to be able to complete the install.

You'd have to talk to Joe about a GB, I'm not sure if he's going to do one. Right now we have .5lbs of extra refrigerant in the system, we're going to talk to Joe tomorrow and figure based on pressures where we should be at. Not that I was paying any attention last time we recharged the AC, but I don't think we used STAR for anything, but don't quote me on that.

Has anyone installed an inline bypass thermostat to their heat exchanger, so that the water only flows through the heat exchanger if it above X degrees ?

The more I think about this setup it appears far superior to the heat exchanger and makes me think the best option would be to remove the heat exchanger altogether.

Like I said above we're going to remove the HE altogether. I think if it get's to cold you'd have switch back to a HE system.
s