W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review : New FT-P Engine IC Tank & Filter Kit

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hulk
I have been Reading this thread like many others today and here's the thing, never once was it mentioned in his sales thread that the liner or rain gutter had to be removed to fit this tank, please go read the sales thread, and point out where that was mentioned, that is what I believe cij911 has an issue with and others will as well, when you buy something you want it as advertised in pics and sales info ...that goes with anything that goes for sale, on MBW, PSC or even the real world
Oh I agree 100% and I understood from the beginning, I'm just trying to convince cij911 to remove the tray since it's not a big deal.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55K AMG Wagon
I removed the rain tray and under hood insulation, it increased the noise but also increased the in cabin fumes! Has anyone else noticed this or is it likely I have an exhaust leak?

I am also running no cats so the car is generally stinks when your outside anyway.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
you have an exhaust leak. I ran Q16 race gas with full exhaust for awhile and with the windows up didn't smell anything. Now with the race exhaust on dumping right below me it was bad
Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55K AMG Wagon
Thanks, will check it out
Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Ok, I see what cij911 is talking about. He is right. There are some issues with this kit. The tank itself is great. But, the other parts for the kit is an issue.

I appreciate a vendor like FT-P putting this kit together. We need more vendors like him to provide products. At the same time, the product should be more "refined" (especially for this group). I think if someone that has ordered this kit wants their money back, they would be justified and it would also show great customer service on the part of FT-P if they honored such a request.

As for me, I will plug along and make this kit work. I will post pics once I start the project.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I guess when you sell a complete knock off and rip off other peoples designs, karma comes to get you! As they say......Karma is a biach! Save a dollar on a cheap coppied knock off and run at your own risk! Be glad it is not a part that does engine damage, you will be SOL getting that resolved by a fly by night company!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 PM
lm7

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 E55
Originally Posted by emoving
I guess when you sell a complete knock off and rip off other peoples designs, karma comes to get you! As they say......Karma is a biach! Save a dollar on a cheap coppied knock off and run at your own risk! Be glad it is not a part that does engine damage, you will be SOL getting that resolved by a fly by night company!
Is there another engine bay tank kit on the market? I'd want to check it out. I beleive one member made his own but he made it very clear he wouldnt reproduce it nor have the desire to ever do so. Thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lm7
Is there another engine bay tank kit on the market? I'd want to check it out. I beleive one member made his own but he made it very clear he wouldnt reproduce it nor have the desire to ever do so. Thanks
Thats the one he copied!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I have a bay tank that I helped design with a fab guy and it fit perfectly and holds about 2.5 gallons and we didn't copy ANYONE!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I got in trouble once for copying this girls answers in the fifth grade. I had to go to the principals office. Who's the principal here?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55,cayenne turbo, supra, sti
I have a bay tank that I helped design with a fab guy and it fit perfectly and holds about 2.5 gallons and we didn't copy ANYONE!
Gimme a *** break you didn't invent the intercooler tank. It's a box that holds water. Your "innovative" location is about the only place you could fit it.

You have vendors here selling pulleys that destroy cranks and this is the battle you choose to fight?
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
If you saw mine and the way it occupies every square inch you can in that space then you would see so stfu!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Originally Posted by cij911
Ughhhh problems within the first 10 minutes... After removing the 10mm nut holding the cabin air box, removing the box and filter (gently pull up and out), and then removing the clip by removing the 4 10mm nuts holding the frame to the firewall, I was ready to do a test fit ....

Not so fast....wow this is tight....hmmmmm is this going to fit ???? I was able to get the IC tank in the new found space, but had Steve forgotten about the hood and the plastic rain gutter ??? After a few minutes of trial and error using molding clay, it was obvious this was not going to work - ughhhhhhhhhh.....Unless you want to remove the rain gutter tray (not sure what MB calls it) or cut the side off, this tank wont fit! No where in the "guide" is this mentioned, nor was it mentioned when we were ordering the kit.

So now what ???? Well I will just have to return the entire kit to Steve / FT-P ....

Caveat emptor....
Same problem with the catch can from Steve it took him two days to respond to my emails cause the instruction were trrible and the fitting were the wrong size to the hoses. I had to go to home depot to buy the right size fitting.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 PM

If you saw mine and the way it occupies every square inch you can in that space then you would see so stfu!
Ahh my bad then, I didn't realize you came up with the concept of maximizing available space. My sincere apologies.

If you were planning on building them and selling at a realistic price I would probably support your cause.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by gsxrguy
Gimme a *** break you didn't invent the intercooler tank. It's a box that holds water. Your "innovative" location is about the only place you could fit it.

You have vendors here selling pulleys that destroy cranks and this is the battle you choose to fight?
Let me guess.....
1. From Columbus
2. Rides a gixxer?

Get lost douchebag......you and take your 47 posts with you
Tell your puppet master to cut the strings!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Let me guess.....
1. From Columbus
2. Rides a gixxer?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Let me guess.....
1. From Columbus
2. Rides a gixxer?

"why the hate man"
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Originally Posted by AKnight55
"why the hate man"
Andrew you have an issue with me take it to pm or FB me
I'd love to hear it
Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

FTP-E55///AMG
Guys Please Get this thread back on topic. I have handled the situation with CJ911.

Any other Negative remarks are going to be handled by mods.

Moving forward:

This was the first run of the tanks, Of course there may be some small bugs to work out and we are basing those off of installers remarks.(Similar to how manufactures update items on newer models of cars.) However the tanks work, and fit as described. Some minor modification is needed for fitment which we did not include in the description.

If anyone who has not purchased one wants to challenge the fact the tank does not fit as CJ911 claims it does not, We will post a video of it installed and running on the car, opening and closing the hood. We have one on our car for the last few thousand miles. Its the one the jigs were built off of and those are mirror images of the one installed without issue.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Always crying to the mods. The only people that should be crying to the mods are the other sponsors your rip off and the members you rip off. You are always gonna be a bottom feeder bro.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
I have been Reading this thread like many others today and here's the thing, never once was it mentioned in his sales thread that the liner or rain gutter had to be removed to fit this tank, please go read the sales thread, and point out where that was mentioned, that is what I believe cij911 has an issue with and others will as well, when you buy something you want it as advertised in pics and sales info ...that goes with anything that goes for sale, on MBW, PSC or even the real world
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Well it seems this situation can be resolved by the seller revising his description of how said unit is actually installed. Maybe people will understand?
Originally Posted by FT-Performance
Guys Please Get this thread back on topic. I have handled the situation with CJ911.

Any other Negative remarks are going to be handled by mods.

Moving forward:

This was the first run of the tanks, Of course there may be some small bugs to work out and we are basing those off of installers remarks.(Similar to how manufactures update items on newer models of cars.) However the tanks work, and fit as described. Some minor modification is needed for fitment which we did not include in the description.

If anyone who has not purchased one wants to challenge the fact the tank does not fit as CJ911 claims it does not, We will post a video of it installed and running on the car, opening and closing the hood. We have one on our car for the last few thousand miles. Its the one the jigs were built off of and those are mirror images of the one installed without issue.
Steve - Let's be very, very, very clear - the tank will NOT fit if you have your rain gutter installed. If the pictures and clay moldings were not enough for you, I'd be happy to make a video myself. Furthermore, your "offer" was for me to pay for shipping back + a 30% restocking fee - not right for a part that is not as advertised. Per my email, I will not pay for shipping and a "restocking fee" because the parts are not as described and don't fit.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
A 30% re-stocking fee is just not right and pure highway robbery. To stock what?
A bog warehouse with pallet rack after pallet rack?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Restocking fee, for what?
The advertising for the part was misleading and bogus, contact PayPal and do a charge back, this is ridiculous!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Restocking fee! Steve seriously, take it out of your moms mailbox, throw it on her living room floor or garage floor, and sell it to the next unsuspecting sucker! LOL, 30% restocking fee! Your a joke bro! Looks like the tide is turning on your little backyard scam of a business!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
Restocking fee, for what?
The advertising for the part was misleading and bogus, contact PayPal and do a charge back, this is ridiculous!
Notice the pics advertised on Fabuloustech's webpage shows proper fittings while the one received by CIJ911 is obviously plastic. I love the aquarium filter.
CIJ911 you should save the photos and if it does end in dispute, take it up with your CC. Paypal will take at least a month.

This looks like the Home Shopping Club IC Box.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Review : New FT-P Engine IC Tank & Filter Kit