Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Need Help ASAP***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
***Need Help ASAP***

Alright, my buddy had a 04' E55, same year as mine, that got totalled out by the insurance company. Before it gets taken, he is letting me switch out anything i want to put in my car. I have a few days to do this. I want the dynamic seats that are in it along with the nav setup. I think i did the nav correctly, but i am having an issue with the seats and a couple other things.

First, the nav, i put in the nav drive, i already had three wires zip tied in mine that were pre-wired, so i connected them into the nav drive (orange fiber optic cable harness, power harness, and the antenna cable). I also switched out the antenna wire connection. Originally it was just coupled together, i switched it to how his car is, which has a splitter. Just need to work out how activate it on with the Star system. Am i forgetting to swap anything else for this?

Secondly, the big issue is with the seats. The main harness connections are the same, minus one harness that is missing a two or three wire connection which mine does not have the harness wired for. I tried tracing this under his carpet, etc, but it leads up behind the dash where i cannot see it anymore. The other issue is when i did plug his seats into my car, it automatically blows the fuse for the corresponding seats. I briefly looked at the power harness, and the power wire is in a different harness than mine. So i switched the power wire around to where his is, and still no power to the swapped seats, although this time it didn't blow the fuse. I then looked at the "control box" mounted to the seat itself underneath, and it is completely different which i kind of expected. Most of the wire colors on each harness are different than mine. How can i add these seats to my car and make them functional? I also switched out the portion that the CD changer is behind, since it has the cooling seats buttons, and also the command unit since his "looked" newer.

Lastly, we ended up putting my original seats back in for now, and was going to call it a night, but are having an issue with the lights blinking like the alarm is going off, but no siren. The front headlights were blinking, varying side to side, and all of the interior lights were blinking, including the ones under the rear view mirror. For some reason the exterior lights quit blinking, but the interior ones still blink, whether the car is started, driven, or is closed up and locked. The car has OEM bulbs, not LED's.

We checked all of the fuses, and all are good.

Would appreciate any help in resolving these issues, and letting me know what else i need to do to successfully swap the items over to my car to make them functional. Thanks!

Aaron
Old 09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Get the battery control module in the trunk. To hr right of the trunk lock against the bumper. Maybe also the battery relay under the pass side wipers. <br />
<br />
Mesh grille from bumper Can easily resell<br />
Engine cover, air filter assembly tha attaches to throttle body. <br />
other easy stuff you can remove and resell
Batteries new?? Get them as well
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
You may not want to try to get everything in your car in a rush. Get the swap done to the totaled car, then take your time. There is a guy that is the expert in all things "MB Feature Adds". I think he is NLBenz or something along those lines. He could assist with any new SAMs you may need to make seats work. Remember, dynamic seats have a completely different control module, and possible a new wiring harness. You can make them work, but grab the sams out of old car
Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

/\ I am sure it is doable, but i have absolutely no clue as to the exact parts i need to be looking for in his car to use in my car. I do have to somewhat put my old parts back in his so it doesn't look like someone trashed the thing other than what happened in the wreck. The control module that is mounted to the underside of the seats, along with the colors of the wires in the harness are in fact different. The three wire harness that is missing, MBenzNL confirmed that is for the ventilated portion of the seats. He was brief in his explanation on wiring etc, but am hoping i can get some more detailed information from him on the exact stuff i need to be swapping from his car.

The blinking light issue, he said the front or rear sam "could "have gotten fried. Maybe when plugging in the wrong seats that caused the power seat fuse to blow? Anyone know where those are in the car so i can check them, or swap them if they are the same?

Any other suggestions, or people that have actually swapped the physical seats to how i am doing?

Aaron
Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anyone have wiring schematics for the two different seats as described above?
The main issue is that the seats need to be moved forward in order to gain access to the bolts to remove the seats. Once this is done, and disconnected, and mounted in my car, i have no seat adjustments. Which puts the seats way too far forward, and too upright to even drive. If i could just somehow get the power seat function to work, i can figure out the other parts of the seat at a later time. The last thing i want to do is put my seats in his car, let the insurance company take the car, then i not actually be able to make the "new" seats work.

Aaron
Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Bramage
You may not want to try to get everything in your car in a rush. Get the swap done to the totaled car, then take your time. There is a guy that is the expert in all things "MB Feature Adds". I think he is NLBenz or something along those lines. He could assist with any new SAMs you may need to make seats work. Remember, dynamic seats have a completely different control module, and possible a new wiring harness. You can make them work, but grab the sams out of old car
You are referring to Steve Krabbenborg with MbenzNL
He has done many things to my previous cars
fold in mirrors, nav, bixenons

Great guy but he is in the netherlands. He does a tour once in a while
He can be reacehd by email at his website
http://www.mbenznl.nl/index.php?opti...ntact&Itemid=3