Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about a 07 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Acura TL 6MT/A-spec
Wow that's amazing. And btw I went to see that black Benz I posted. Holy ****, check engine light on, brakes are shot, front end was def hit fenders to headlights way off. A lot of little things here and there was broken and or missin and they didn't want to budge past 27k.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I can check out this E63 for you but VA beach is a bit drive...as long you pay for gas, I am down
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM

2004 Acura TL 6MT/A-spec
I'm next to NYC it's much more of a distance for me. Thank you for posting that
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
This sounds like a terrible vehicle. I knew from your first post there were issues. As I read through the posts the deal sounded worse. The salesman that lies about highway miles always happens.

If you are serious about getting the E63 check on line with MB dealers. They have low mileage cars that are still under warranty (CPO). The prices look out of sight but they will deal with you. As a general rule, never buy one without a warranty of some kind. They are very reliable but when they bust something, I'll show you where the money comes from to fix, bend over.

Lastly, if there is any paint work on that car, that is very concerning because not many paint shops can paint a MB correctly.

Good luck with your search, be patient and you will find a nice car.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Where are you from
Glendale, AZ.

I don't really think these cars need a warranty as bad as some people make it sound. I was denied coverage for my axle boot that had a very tiny hole in it. I fixed it at a well known shop instead with my own money, but at a much cheaper price, 1/4 of the dealers quote.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by BlueML99
Hey Micheal and streetspeeder where did u guys search for and buy your cars?
i personally search for and buy all my used cars and sell cars off of craigslist, but i have a little rule for myself that i won't buy an "expensive" car like my C55 or E63 from a private seller, i'll always buy from a reputable dealer, whose ad i happened to find on craigslist. i also did some auto trader searches but found that the cars listed on craigslist were the same on auto trader. my car was locally owned and serviced and the history is along the lines of normal, no red flags so that's why i jumped on it. I've been searching for a year for the right car though.

Last edited by MIKESV8; 10-06-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by infantry
Glendale, AZ.

I don't really think these cars need a warranty as bad as some people make it sound. I was denied coverage for my axle boot that had a very tiny hole in it. I fixed it at a well known shop instead with my own money, but at a much cheaper price, 1/4 of the dealers quote.
+100 knock on wood.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM

2007 E63 AMG
I own a black on black 2007 e63 amg with 55K miles. The issues I have experienced and think you should be on the lookout for are as follows:

Sagging rear suspension - especially to one side or the other accompanied by a rattling when going over bumps or uneven pavement. This could mean a rear subframe bolt is bad and your rear subframe is loose. Very expensive repair and not covered under most warranties.

Clicking sound coming from underneath the car when turning going at slow speeds over uneven pavement or up and down hills/sloped pavement. Sway bar bushings could be damaged - replacement and repair job runs $2K.

Transmission plate replaced - Apparently uncommon, but a $1500 job to repair and flush and replace transmission fluid

In general, never a good idea to pick up one of these cars with that type of mileage, especially if owned by more than 2 owners and a rental. You can expect its been abused and not cared for like it would be by most members on this forum.

Look for something in $30-$35K range with one or two owners and around 50K in mileage and get all the service records and review for past suspension issues, which seems like its the most common issue with these cars.

Hope this helps.