Sponsored by:

Help please with 06 e55 command problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Help please with 06 e55 command problems

So I've been having and intermittent sat radio issue every 3 to 6 weeks where I start my car and it says sat radio not installed. So i figured out a simple disconnect of the battery cleared the issue Until couple more weeks went by. Well it happened again but this time I noticed a warning from the cluster about convenience features being disabled due to low voltage after the reset. The warning cleared after a few minutes of driving and I checked both batteries and alternator which seemed to be fine. The problem now is the radio is buttons all do the wrong thing for example pressing audio gives you bal/fade options, pressing the down arrow will change it to sat radio. Basically all the buttons do something just not at all what their supposed to do. I've tried resetting it again but it remains with the same problems.

The car has Nav and sat radio but no phone package

Any Help would be appreciated..

Thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Well, that sounds like a bad head unit. Do you know what level of software is installed ? You could take it to the dealer and have them install the latest version to see if it makes any difference.