W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Airmatic question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2012 | 12:48 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Airmatic question

I've done all the reading about bad airmatic systems but don't know if what mine does is normal or not.
After driving as I lock and walk away I notice the car looks high at front end? When I return and hit unlock you hear the hiss of air as the bags deflate and lower the car? Looks sick how low it goes but then when I start it pumps up a little.

How do you keep it in the low position and yes I'm aware of the button in the car? Or is it possible to just pull a dang fuse while low so compresser doesn't kick on and raise it up again?

06 E55 no mods bone stock and no other issues. Are these up/down self adjustments normal as long as they are not extreme?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2012 | 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by Buxton
I've done all the reading about bad airmatic systems but don't know if what mine does is normal or not.
After driving as I lock and walk away I notice the car looks high at front end? When I return and hit unlock you hear the hiss of air as the bags deflate and lower the car? Looks sick how low it goes but then when I start it pumps up a little.

How do you keep it in the low position and yes I'm aware of the button in the car? Or is it possible to just pull a dang fuse while low so compresser doesn't kick on and raise it up again?

06 E55 no mods bone stock and no other issues. Are these up/down self adjustments normal as long as they are not extreme?

Thanks
Perfectly normal.
Old 11-13-2012 | 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
You need lowering links to keep it low or washers or a lowering module or use STAR to lower it. Plenty of options.
Old 11-13-2012 | 09:35 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Right on thanks! Been looking at doing the washer idea but hesitated with the fear the system was already having issues. I'll push onward since this is normal.

Again thanks for the input!!