W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 BAD SUPERCHARGER WHINE

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, Prev. Cars: E46 328ci, Audi TT, ML320
E55 BAD SUPERCHARGER WHINE

I had a bad supercharger prior to this and I purchased this one on the forum. My mechanic installed it but now has a really loud whine. When the car gets warmer, the sound gets lower but idle still is rough. Could it be the jet oil or is this supercharger no good also?

View My Video
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
sounds like the wistec s.c lol but to stay on topic i have no idea why its got that high pitch noise.. someone should be able to chime in and see whats up
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
That almost sounds like a loud Vacuum leak whistle but hard to tell from the video. Sounds bad though. Did yoiu check oil level and maybe use a tool to listen the exact location of the noise.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 E55 AMG, 06 Harley Road King Custom 06 Ram 2500 Cummins, 97 Firebird Race Car, 88 Cutlass Supreme
Sounds like when your boarding a jumbo jet and they already have the engines running!

Seemed to get louder towards the back near the intake. Did you inspect the blades on the new blower for anything funny before installing? Could it have been torqued down improperly and the case shifted enough to make the blades rub the walls or not mesh properly? These are wold guesses but something is def wrong there. Def start by checking to make sure its full of the jet oil.

What happened to your old blower that you needed a replacement? Should it be engaged sitting there idling, did the mechanic force it to engage through the computer or does it run on its own when warming up? I thought they disengaged when idling.

Last edited by BBBSS; 11-16-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by BBBSS
Sounds like when your boarding a jumbo jet and they already have the engines running!
Awsome! I love it! I wish mine sounded like that! I would give people the "emergency exit" speech when they got in!!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, Prev. Cars: E46 328ci, Audi TT, ML320
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
That almost sounds like a loud Vacuum leak whistle but hard to tell from the video. Sounds bad though. Did yoiu check oil level and maybe use a tool to listen the exact location of the noise.
All vacuum lines are connected. I've been trying to resolve this since Monday so I'm sure there isn't anything we're missing. As far as oil level, Im not too sure how to check the oil level in the SC. If I was to remove the drain plug, how would I know if there is sufficient.

Originally Posted by BBBSS

Seemed to get louder towards the back near the intake. Did you inspect the blades on the new blower for anything funny before installing? Could it have been torqued down improperly and the case shifted enough to make the blades rub the walls or not mesh properly? These are wold guesses but something is def wrong there. Def start by checking to make sure its full of the jet oil.

What happened to your old blower that you needed a replacement? Should it be engaged sitting there idling, did the mechanic force it to engage through the computer or does it run on its own when warming up? I thought they disengaged when idling.
I spun the blades before I installed it and everything seemed fine. It did appear to possibly have been opened before but I'm not too sure of its history. As far as the oil, I would need to get a better understanding on how to measure the oil level once I remove the drain plug.

My previous blower had play in the drive. It would shift up and down.

The oil is my resort, if that doesn't work. I'm going to be force to find another SC
Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
shrimp boat
Originally Posted by GT22
All vacuum lines are connected. I've been trying to resolve this since Monday so I'm sure there isn't anything we're missing. As far as oil level, Im not too sure how to check the oil level in the SC. If I was to remove the drain plug, how would I know if there is sufficient.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...refilling.html

Read the link above. Fill until it start spilling out.