Sponsored by:

Which Meth kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55K AMG Wagon
Which Meth kit?

Would like some views on which kit to go with?

Snow Performance, DevilsOwn, AEM or Aquamist.

I will be going with dual nozzle, small after the TB and larger before intercooler.

What failsafes should I have?
Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by SavMan
Would like some views on which kit to go with?

Snow Performance, DevilsOwn, AEM or Aquamist.

I will be going with dual nozzle, small after the TB and larger before intercooler.

What failsafes should I have?
Aquamist + Zeitronix Wideband + Zeitronix failsafe and you should be very very safe....

I run a similar setup on my Evo @ 32psi on 91 octane +50/50 Meth / Water and the car screams. If ever the car goes out of a specific AFR and boost is > X psi (all configurable), the system will kill boost and trigger an alarm. I have additional failsafes programmed and would be happy to discuss with you via PM.

FWIW, Richard @ Aquamist is very helpful.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM

2004 E55K AMG Wagon
I was looking at several of the failsafe options available but still not clear how you would control boost on an 55K engine?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
55 engines build boost FAST, so a boost related switch really become more on-off than gradual.

IMHO:
Aquamist is the best, but expensive. Outside that I think it is a crap shoot.
The best placement for the injection is pre iat sensor. I would not inject anything into my SC.
Best fail safe is simply not to tune for meth. That way if something happens you are still fine.
Meth should be used to cool iat's so the car does not pull timing, Beyond that i think you are asking for trouble.
Just use your WW tank, get a pump, boost switch and some tubing and you are all set.

With meth simplicity is King

Good luck!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM

2004 E55K AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by SavMan
I was looking at several of the failsafe options available but still not clear how you would control boost on an 55K engine?

Would one of these work, to let off boost?

Last edited by SavMan; 11-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Send me your email or contact Richard @ Aquamist (he is local to you) and we can walk you through the failsafes.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
I have an aquamist and you can fail safe the blower clutch to deactivate. I have chosen not to do that and have tuned my car to run at 11.8 without meth. I have not advanced the timing at all and frankly that is really what you need the failsafe for. With tuning the AFR up a bit and using Meth, you get consistency but not the absolute most out of the system. With the aquamist and only with the aquamist will you have the ability to control the AFR well enough with the meth on. This is because of their method of control off of injector duty cycle. None of the other systems will be able to dial in as well. Use my experience and investment and trust me on this since I've used the snow and the alkycontrol. I have a dual nozzle with one at the TB that is a #3 in size and one post IC that's a #7. Been running this for 18 months now and have not seen any degradation of boost therefore nothing happening as a result of spraying into it. With the #3, the flow is so small that it actually helps seal the rotors and maintain slightly higher psi. On a full run my IAT's are close to ambient with a 180 pulley. The aquamist system considering you get a flow gauge as well actually isn't that expensive in comparison to the competition.

Just my 2cents.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:43 AM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
'06 E55 AMG
Great post. Thanks for sharing the tech.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Ali's kit is top notch, probably the best on the market. I have an aem meth kit which comes with check valves built in. I too had my car tuned on e85 to 11.5 a/f without meth. When the meth hits, my a/f drops to 10.9....I did not tune for the meth at all, simply for a cooling agent.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
Originally Posted by adianaty
I have an aquamist and you can fail safe the blower clutch to deactivate. I have chosen not to do that and have tuned my car to run at 11.8 without meth. I have not advanced the timing at all and frankly that is really what you need the failsafe for. With tuning the AFR up a bit and using Meth, you get consistency but not the absolute most out of the system. With the aquamist and only with the aquamist will you have the ability to control the AFR well enough with the meth on. This is because of their method of control off of injector duty cycle. None of the other systems will be able to dial in as well. Use my experience and investment and trust me on this since I've used the snow and the alkycontrol. I have a dual nozzle with one at the TB that is a #3 in size and one post IC that's a #7. Been running this for 18 months now and have not seen any degradation of boost therefore nothing happening as a result of spraying into it. With the #3, the flow is so small that it actually helps seal the rotors and maintain slightly higher psi. On a full run my IAT's are close to ambient with a 180 pulley. The aquamist system considering you get a flow gauge as well actually isn't that expensive in comparison to the competition.

Just my 2cents.
Where did you place the nozzle post IC? before ait sensor? it's not too close to the AIT sensor?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, CTS-V Wagon, Duc 1098R
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
Where did you place the nozzle post IC? before ait sensor? it's not too close to the AIT sensor?
It's about 7-8 inches ahead if the sensor. It is immediately after the intercooler and shooting perpendicular to the air flow to improve mixing.