Sponsored by:

No thanks to Barrier Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
No thanks to Barrier Mercedes

Just had to rant a little that I try over and over again to get parts from this place and they wont do anything less than over 100% mark up on parts. They SUCK bad!

My center brake light seal failed and my trunk is wet and stinky, haha they joke common E class problem yup we stock those since we go through so many..... $250!!! Really? Its pouring down rain here in Seattle and they wont budge on a price for a part that i can find online for $139? Meet me half way I'm desperate? Nope....we only give you full rape!

Ordered online from parts.com expedited shipping.....$162.....probably would have been worth it to just bend over and pay but I cant reward crapheads like that with my business......

Mind you these are the same guys that charge $28 for a 14mm oil pan plug....

Ok I'm done.....time to get over it.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
drive a few miles north and try Lynnwood Mercedes - they were good to me when I visited Seattle to get my 55
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Yah lynwood is cool
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 AM

2004 E55
Just because you have a failed part means they should come down in price because it's raining and you can find it cheaper online? Boo Hoo. Last time I check businesses are in business to make money.

Next time I go into Best Buy I'm going to cry like you and tell them I can get it cheaper online.

Sac up dude.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Ripoff! Most dealers in my area are like that. I noticed that its mostly at the bigger establishments where the counter people act cockier and try their best to rip you off. I happened to visit RAB motors, a smaller dealership in my area, recently for parts and everyone, including the parts guy was friendlier. The parts guy even took the time to show me the difference between retail and list price. I had to walk through the sales floor and the people in sales greeted me. Being a younger guy in a t-shirt and jeans, I wouldn't even get a glance let alone a simple hello from anyone if I were to walk into SFbenz or Autobahn motors.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S
Lynnwood MB is great. I had a dead battery this past weekend - no indications of failing battery...just dead car Sunday morning. I had MB Roadside Assistance (no charge) come to my home; they jumped the car, I drove it for over an hour to charge the battery. On Monday morning, I took the car to Lynnwood MB.

They ran tests on the battery, made sure there weren't any amperage anomalies, performed battery draw tests and told me that everything was fine, and did not try to sell me a new battery. I simply need to be driving the car more than my usual 10 minute commute to work with this car once or twice a week. I drive my Accord to work most of the time. The E63 is 5 years old next month, and has only 24K miles on it.

It was great that Lynnwood MB did not try to pull one over on me, and they washed the car and vacuumed it - no charge at all for anything. In the back of my mind, I was preparing myself to hear them say - $400 for a battery or something like that...but no! Just some friendly advice.

My experiences with them have been great. A couple of years ago, they fixed an annoying rattle coming from the Pano - and since then not a rattle, squeak, pop - nothing.

Great customer service there.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2004 E55,1969 300SEL6.3,2011 ML350 BlueTec Diesel,2005 ML400 CDI
Originally Posted by IndiumGreyE63
Lynnwood MB is great. I had a dead battery this past weekend - no indications of failing battery...just dead car Sunday morning. I had MB Roadside Assistance (no charge) come to my home; they jumped the car, I drove it for over an hour to charge the battery. On Monday morning, I took the car to Lynnwood MB.

They ran tests on the battery, made sure there weren't any amperage anomalies, performed battery draw tests and told me that everything was fine, and did not try to sell me a new battery. I simply need to be driving the car more than my usual 10 minute commute to work with this car once or twice a week. I drive my Accord to work most of the time. The E63 is 5 years old next month, and has only 24K miles on it.

It was great that Lynnwood MB did not try to pull one over on me, and they washed the car and vacuumed it - no charge at all for anything. In the back of my mind, I was preparing myself to hear them say - $400 for a battery or something like that...but no! Just some friendly advice.

My experiences with them have been great. A couple of years ago, they fixed an annoying rattle coming from the Pano - and since then not a rattle, squeak, pop - nothing.

Great customer service there.
Connect a Battery Tender or Schumacher charger to your E63. My CLK63 is also 5 years old and only has 8900 miles and is in storage about 7 months of the year. Still have the original factory battery and it's in perfect condition. The longest I ever kept a car stored was almost 3 years using a Schumacher and the battery was perfect. The E55 is also in storage for about 7 months each year in addition to the other cars.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
Luckily berti00 hooked me up with his people at mb
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by outrun
Just because you have a failed part means they should come down in price because it's raining and you can find it cheaper online? Boo Hoo. Last time I check businesses are in business to make money.

Next time I go into Best Buy I'm going to cry like you and tell them I can get it cheaper online.

Sac up dude.

"Sac up dude"? What your like 15 years old?

Best Buy shopping = things you really really want but don't need. Pay to play we all get it.
Mercedes parts dept = things you NEED for the specific brand as indicated on the sign on the building. So my issue is the disservice to Mercedes customers by making sure they have plenty of stock of a known flaw or failure and then capitalizing on that failure/flaw by marking the part up to the point of gouging a valued customer. Not to mention how ghetto does it look to have tape over my center tail light to keep the rain out....perhaps I should throw a Barrier Mercedes plate frame on there too so all can see where it came from.

I'm a business owner chief......I get it......but I dont bend my customers over the barrel when in need or I dont have customers.

Valued customer = I'm in the market for a new GL550 to replace the wife's Denali. Shopping for it at Barrier?.....I think not.....don't like the way they do business.

Thanks guys for the feedback on Lynnwood Mercedes. Though we can all shop online its nice to have a brick & mortar joint to stop in for help. I'll give them a try in the future.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM

2004 E55
That’s the great thing about America. Go somewhere else. They did nothing wrong. You don’t like it? Whatever.

Don’t want to pay that much? Too expensive? Get a different car.

Don’t like the fact that they charge that amount and won’t come down because you feel they should? Well, sucks for you and them in the long run apparently.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Buxton

Mind you these are the same guys that charge $28 for a 14mm oil pan plug..
$28 is a lot to pay for oil pan drain plug
I think it came with my oil filter for $19???
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by moosejaw
$28 is a lot to pay for oil pan drain plug
I think it came with my oil filter for $19???
yup.....just ordered mine with KO Performance $1.36 each and $10.36 for the oil filter.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S
Originally Posted by AgSilver
Connect a Battery Tender or Schumacher charger to your E63. My CLK63 is also 5 years old and only has 8900 miles and is in storage about 7 months of the year. Still have the original factory battery and it's in perfect condition. The longest I ever kept a car stored was almost 3 years using a Schumacher and the battery was perfect. The E55 is also in storage for about 7 months each year in addition to the other cars.
Yes, I agree. Thank you.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
"Sac up dude"? What your like 15 years old?

Best Buy shopping = things you really really want but don't need. Pay to play we all get it.
Mercedes parts dept = things you NEED for the specific brand as indicated on the sign on the building. So my issue is the disservice to Mercedes customers by making sure they have plenty of stock of a known flaw or failure and then capitalizing on that failure/flaw by marking the part up to the point of gouging a valued customer. Not to mention how ghetto does it look to have tape over my center tail light to keep the rain out....perhaps I should throw a Barrier Mercedes plate frame on there too so all can see where it came from.

I'm a business owner chief......I get it......but I dont bend my customers over the barrel when in need or I dont have customers.

Valued customer = I'm in the market for a new GL550 to replace the wife's Denali. Shopping for it at Barrier?.....I think not.....don't like the way they do business.

Thanks guys for the feedback on Lynnwood Mercedes. Though we can all shop online its nice to have a brick & mortar joint to stop in for help. I'll give them a try in the future.
No, the question is are YOU 15? Its not like they saw it was raining and how desperate and pathetic you were and just decided to jack up the price more than what they normally charge.

Dealers mark the hell up out of parts? Do you want a lesson on why?

If you don't like their prices, don't shop there. done.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM

BMW M5, Jeep SRT8, MB E63
Originally Posted by Oliverk
No, the question is are YOU 15? Its not like they saw it was raining and how desperate and pathetic you were and just decided to jack up the price more than what they normally charge.

Dealers mark the hell up out of parts? Do you want a lesson on why?

If you don't like their prices, don't shop there. done.
It's a matter of good business. Best Buy now matches online prices, so you've made a good point in the OP's favor.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1992 911 C4, 2008 P2 E63 AMG (gone but not forgotten), 2007 SL65 Renntech
My car is at Barrier right now getting a software update. No charge.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Just got my car back. I certainly like Barrier better than the stealer Larson Mercedes in Tacoma where I bought the car. The whole experience was like night and day difference.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
CAV GT40, 2018 GT R, 2019 GLC 63, 13' Ford Raptor,
Originally Posted by aeroman
Just got my car back. I certainly like Barrier better than the stealer Larson Mercedes in Tacoma where I bought the car. The whole experience was like night and day difference.

I bought mine in August from Larson, haven't had any issues yet, whats been your experiences?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by bigillz
It's a matter of good business. Best Buy now matches online prices, so you've made a good point in the OP's favor.
thats great and yet I don't care.

How busy do you think the average MB dealer's retail parts counter is? you think the average mid 40s woman driving an E350 is going to go price out brake rotors and motor mounts?

Furthermore, most enthusiasts know that you can get oem parts much cheaper online.

The dealer knows that their only real profit from parts is accessories (license plate frames, key chains, lifestyle ****) or when individuals/indies need a part immediately and shipping isn't an option. As such, they price the ever loving hell out of stuff.

Nobody likes it, but either you wait to get stuff from your online retailer of choice, or you get bent over at the dealer but get your stuff asap.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Oliverk if you don't care why do you keep posting?

I personally feel a dealerships service and parts dept owes it to their customers to not gouge the hell out of us and Oliver feels that their purpose is to extract ever nickel they can and dissuade you from ever wanting to purchase that manufacture's automobiles.

I took on a 2000 M5 for a project to restore it back to optimum performance. Plenty of parts bought online but also had great dialogue with the BMW dealership parts dept. They offered discounts all the time, and seemed to really care to earn my business which I rewarded them with much more business albeit at a slight premium over online but the convienience was worth it. Service guys were great too and helped facilitate getting instrument cluster replaced that was missing pixels and ended up being totally covered by BMWNA.

The message of the OP was one of frustration about not being able to build that sense of cooperation.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:50 PM

BMW M5, Jeep SRT8, MB E63
I took on a 2000 M5 for a project to restore it back to optimum performance. Plenty of parts bought online but also had great dialogue with the BMW dealership parts dept. They offered discounts all the time, and seemed to really care to earn my business which I rewarded them with much more business albeit at a slight premium over online but the convienience was worth it. Service guys were great too and helped facilitate getting instrument cluster replaced that was missing pixels and ended up being totally covered by BMWNA.
Ditto on BMW experience - with my '03 M5 all the local dealers would give anyone online-comparable parts prices if they were in the BMW Car Club - yes, they make a lot of money on parts, but for enthusiasts of their cars, they give good prices. Online places make a profit - so clearly dealers can sell parts to their loyal customers at online prices and still make a profit. There's no reason not to. They're still going to get 90%+ of their customers coming in for service and repairs and paying full price for parts.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by wawrecker
I bought mine in August from Larson, haven't had any issues yet, whats been your experiences?
I haven't dealt with the service center really. Just felt their sales and managerial staff gave of a very slimy feel for what I would expect at a Mercedes dealership. The only reason I stayed and bought the car is I wanted the E63 they had not any of the others in the area. Ironically, one with same miles and slightly less price with the P030 package came up for sale not two weeks after I bought it at another dealership. oh well
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Oliverk if you don't care why do you keep posting?

I personally feel a dealerships service and parts dept owes it to their customers to not gouge the hell out of us and Oliver feels that their purpose is to extract ever nickel they can and dissuade you from ever wanting to purchase that manufacture's automobiles.

The message of the OP was one of frustration about not being able to build that sense of cooperation.
well I don't care that the OP felt gouged....because you weren't. I'm a capitalist, i think the dealer should charge every possible cent it can. If they lose business, thats when they need to rethink pricing.

If you're upset about your mb dealer, go find a different one, or go buy another bmw.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Every forum has its master douche and congrats for distinguishing yourself as such on this one.

You win though your right I'll lube up in your honor next time someone is gouging er wait....not gouging....being a capitalist as you might define one in your little world.

FYI original post was mine.