gauges set up.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl55 amg
gauges set up.

been looking for some decent gauge set ups. i have gone abit gauge crazy lately with a scangauge, and running bluetooth on a tablet and dashcommand and torque.
really need and want to get something very fast reacting and having some warning or failsafes and good data logging of afr. the torque or dashcommand can take care of the couple other simpler data logging.
i found the new aem boost and uego combo gauge with an integrated failsafe. it is user definable as far as the failsafe and it triggers a grounded wire. it has the ability to datalog both parameters also. i have another aem uego that just needs a new o2 sensor, so i can have dual wideband, boost, user definable warnings, data logging and the failsafe. the gauge itself is only $300.
my idea for the failsafe would be to interupt the power wire going to the electro-magnet for the supercharger with a relay, and when afr went out of range, the relay would break the circuit. it should come right back on as soon as it is in range again.
i figure it should be no worse for the car or ecu than a tossed blower belt in its action. anyone see any problems in hooking it up this way?
could save your *** if fuel pump probs, or any other number of things go wrong that ecu couldn't detect quick enough to warn about.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl55 amg
i guess my question was abit hidden in there.

has anyone set up a type of failsafe?

as the upper pulley is designed it ramps up pressure based on the pressure required to spin blower. so i am a little curious if at full throttle and high rpm if the pulley itself will be creating too much clamp force itself to disengage blower if signal to electro-magnet is cut. blower itself could be taking up to 80hp to run at high boost levels.

opinions?